Fantasy 2020

dylan123

Fantasy 2020

Post by dylan123 »

So... We have 4 trades for this first round back I believe, no idea if we were given extra in either DT or SC or whether it was just the ability to use extra trades for the first week back.

Also think prices change, this is going to be fun on the fly.

wogitalia

Re: Fantasy 2020

Post by wogitalia »

Yeah, literally no planning.

I've pretty much stopped caring to be honest. Sad part is I haven't missed AFL except as an excuse to catch up with mates and I don't even really watch games in those scenarios!

dylan123

Re: Fantasy 2020

Post by dylan123 »

So Cameron being named takes out my rolling donut, well at least until the rest of the teams are announced.

It's really hard to choose what to do with underperformers as I'm a big fan of getting at least 2 games of data before making a decision. That said, prices change and you've got the same with guys who had a hot start. Huge unknown factor of how all these guys went during the period we've just had, I feel like some may have handled it better than others who could have potentially slacked off. It's just going to be an unknown variable until we see games because we have no info really.

So I'll just discuss some round 1 scrubs that may of us have, and maybe some that came out of the blocks strongly.

Scrubs:

Dylan Roberton - Scored just 20 DT/ 26 SC with a breakeven of 59 DT / 73 SC. Shouldn't be without of reach but for someone that should have been a cash cow that can score well, he was my worst scorer in my entire side.

Brodie Smith - 35 DT / 55 SC. Teased with increased midfield minutes which I still believe will happen but was very underwhelming. He did get injured though, managed 60% TOG. Has a breakeven of 121 DT / 128 SC.

Andrew Brayshaw - 44 DT / 66 SC. Again, someone that looked to be getting big midfield minutes in the pre season failed to fire in round 1. If I saw the match, I don't remember it so not sure if he's got a better excuse than Smith for his shit score? Breakeven of 81 DT / 80 SC.

Hot start:

Jack Viney - 132 DT / 186 SC. Pretty much kept up pre season form where he was killing it but put up a monster DT score given reduced game time and it shows with the SC score. Pretty tempted to bring him in but it's a pretty fine line with midfield premiums typically and I feel like he'll sit just under the tier you need him to. Breakeven of 16 DT / -19 SC. projected price rise of 49.2k DT / 51.2k SC.

On pricing, I assume you start rising off of 2 games then it goes to a 3 game rolling average? I suppose the difference here is the round 1 score will count towards two price rises which is different to the usual 1 it would typically be.

Naismith - 78 DT / 121 SC. Solo ruck pays off every time it seems and at his cheap price, looks like a great grab for those that have him. Apparently he's under an injury cloud for this round, saw something about hamstring tightness. I have him in neither comp but would look towards trading O'Brien to him in DT if he was to get up I think. Breakeven of -4 DT / -25 SC. Projected price rise of 54.9k DT / 64.5k SC.

Really hard to turn down those numbers at his price I feel. Would like to get on board in SC but I'm happy with my Naitanui/Jacobs combo. I could look at moving Cameron to the fwds and then either an underperforming mid or fwd to him instead potentially...

Jacobs - 71 DT / 134 SC. I still don't trust him given how he looked to age and tire at the Crows in his last couple of seasons but he's pretty much all GWS have when a more than cooked Mumford is their backup option. I went him in SC as I think he's a good tap ruckman who will benefit, just not sure he still can get it enough to be a DT scorer - always seems to find a way to get in the way of plays and get it at the Crows (he was never bad with the ball as such, just moves like a lanky dinosaur which would kill me when I'd see him get smothered). Breakeven of 35 DT / -1 SC. Projected price rise of 33.7k DT / 46.2k SC.

Probably not for this list as such but I missed out on Sturt who had a very good first game kicking 3 goals against Essendon and priced at a more premium rookie I think. Concern here is that I don't believe he's ever been a big possession getter, had 10 touches and 3 goals for his 61 DT / 100 SC. When he fails to kick a goal or only gets away with 1, it will bring him down to the rest of the pack so is he worth using a trade to get?

Also got Dunkley and Crisp in DT who both failed to fire. Think I'll keep them for another round yet but not a great start.

Finding DT scores so hard to read with the reduced game time, I know it's drop by 20% or w/e, just feels strange and you do wonder how some players might lose out from less gut running in the final 4-5 min of each quarter that they'd normally have.