BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GWS - 4 x 17 year old trades.

GWS - 4 x 17 year old trades.

7. Incentive to other clubs trading with Team GWS in the 2011 and 2012 post-season:
    Team GWS to be given access to four 17-year-olds born in the January to April 1994 window, with all players to be traded to other clubs. Selections will be allocated to Team GWS so the club can trade for established players, but the club will not have access to these 17-year-olds. If the four trades are not completed in the 2011 post-season, the balance of up to four trades may be used in the 2012 trading period.

Link.

What would you guys give up for these young guys. Take into account that after picks 12~ the quality really drops off in this years draft.

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Re: GWS - 4 x 17 year old trades.

I believe Fremantle is one of many clubs keenly interested in Jaegar O'Meara, who I believe has indicated a preference in staying in WA. I think we may see a bidding war emerge between West Coast and Fremantle over him. Jack Martin (apparently a cross between Franklin and Hill!) and Chris Yarran are 2 other very highly rated young talents from WA who could head interstate. I think we may see Port/Adelaide bidding strongly for Ben Kennedy as well.

I'd happily give up our first round pick or compensation pick for Rhys Palmer as well as Ibbotson/Zac Clarke/Crowley, or even a Duffield/Mayne type if need be to secure him.

The rules that are in circulation for this are quite vague (i.e when recruits can play, whether picks can be traded, whether GWS will save trades for next year etc.) so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From what I was reading on the Adelaide board on bigfooty, their is an up and comer who looks the goods (I forget his name) and could be a potential top 5 pick the following season if GWS didn't pick him up and trade early. I assume GWS would be chasing players rather then picks so there isn't much you can offer in terms of picks to them really, but depending on how good a player the AFC think they can get from this, I wouldn't mind us throwing up names like Vince, Knights etc.

Again though, it's a bit hard to call how good a player can be at the age of 17 due to some been far more physical then others etc etc but 4 teams could potentially be getting a 'bargain' pick.

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    I believe Fremantle is one of many clubs keenly interested in Jaegar O'Meara, who I believe has indicated a preference in staying in WA. I think we may see a bidding war emerge between West Coast and Fremantle over him. Jack Martin (apparently a cross between Franklin and Hill!) and Chris Yarran are 2 other very highly rated young talents from WA who could head interstate. I think we may see Port/Adelaide bidding strongly for Ben Kennedy as well.

I'd happily give up our first round pick or compensation pick for Rhys Palmer as well as Ibbotson/Zac Clarke/Crowley, or even a Duffield/Mayne type if need be to secure him.

The rules that are in circulation for this are quite vague (i.e when recruits can play, whether picks can be traded, whether GWS will save trades for next year etc.) so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    With Freo probably taking a top six finish this year your pick will be something like 19ish.

IMO picks 19 and your compo pick would get Jaegar O'Meara.

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    With Freo probably taking a top six finish this year your pick will be something like 19ish.

IMO picks 19 and your compo pick would get Jaegar O'Meara.
    I'd certainly go for it, but I don't think it's allowed, the whole point of the rule is to sign contracted players to the GWS, in that deal it's just picks. We would have to include one player I'd think.

Are you thinking of Ben Kennedy dylan?

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    From what I was reading on the Adelaide board on bigfooty, their is an up and comer who looks the goods (I forget his name) and could be a potential top 5 pick the following season if GWS didn't pick him up and trade early. I assume GWS would be chasing players rather then picks so there isn't much you can offer in terms of picks to them really, but depending on how good a player the AFC think they can get from this, I wouldn't mind us throwing up names like Vince, Knights etc.
    Ben Kennedy is his name. He's exactly the type of player Adelaide need also. I wrote a blog about this and mentioned a few guys. Kennedy, Crouch, O’meara, Vlastuin, Stringer (gun!!!) are all able to be traded. There are a few more also.

Again though, it's a bit hard to call how good a player can be at the age of 17 due to some been far more physical then others etc etc but 4 teams could potentially be getting a 'bargain' pick.
    Yep. Risk/reward type of stuff.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ben Kennedy is the one I was thinking of, I don't want to say I would give an arm and a leg to get him across to the club at this stage as I havn't read/seen enough of him to really make a call. But I would love a small forward player at the Crows that can rove the Tippett/Walker (assume he stays) packs in the future. What we need is speed which you have mentioned and if he could lay a tackle, that would be a dream come true!

Just had a quick glance over the blog and I miss read Lachie Whitfield's name for Lance Whitnall which almost resulted in my eyes popping out of my head (just a bit of useless information).

Great work on the blog by the way, I will read into it a little more on the weekend when I'm not so tired so I can begin to prepare for the 2012 DT season!

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha thanks buddy.

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Enjoyed reading through your blog mate, gee that draft looks strong! First round picks will be very valuable next year. (Even more so than normal)

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

I have a little bit of info suggesting the pies are looking at giving back witts!
    - twitter @mammes

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What do you mean?

Like not signing him?

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah like trading him for one of the 17yo players, will post a little more about it tomorrow. I think it's less likely by the game though as he has been impressive so far! He will begin playing with the vfl side after the carnival!
    - twitter @mammes

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GWS would've seen how gc did it and will be after the compensation picks to keep them healthy in the mext few drafts! As has been said by axel very shallow draft so expect clubs to get rid of their picks, especially Collingwood seem keen to nab another 17yo this year. I suspect someone like O'Meara is going to get alot of mentions in trade week, looks like a jet and was bog for wa the other day!
    - twitter @mammes

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Crows could get someone like Kennedy then I would implore they do it. But it would depend on what we were asked to give up. Picks I could handle, any player I assume Craig would call off limits as he doesn't like trading his own players.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

I am not to sure what North would do in this draft in regards to picks with GWS, there could be a few players we could offload to them if they wanted them for some picks in return they would be better off shipping them off now to get something decent though the draft seems shallow but you never know you could find a bargain as there always is.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................