Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Chapman

Now that Chappy is not looking likely to play in round 1 and with no pre season to gage his value, what are people doing to replace him? I've had him pencilled in from day dot, but even though I think he will kill it this year, I cant trust an injury prone player who starts the season with an injury.

Just curious what other people are doing to replace him, are you trying to pick up another premium (if so who are you looking at), or going a mid price player and saving some cash? I am at a cross road, just plooking to see what others are planning.

Team
    ST KILDA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Paul Chapman

Same position for me Mark.

From the first days of pre-season I've been advocating that Chapman be a lock. After all, he's easily the most prolific forward in both comps coming off a career best season.
    Fitness always has been and always will be the concern, but apparently he's been fit until his recent setback so doesn't give me much confidence.
    At his price, may have to trade him down if he's in doubt for rd1. Not good signs.
    The Fantasy Footy Club: Like us on Facebook! |Follow us on Twitter!
    The Wizards of OZ FFC (est 2009)

FFC Cheer Squad
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Same position for me Mark.

From the first days of pre-season I've been advocating that Chapman be a lock. After all, he's easily the most prolific forward in both comps coming off a career best season.
    Fitness always has been and always will be the concern, but apparently he's been fit until his recent setback so doesn't give me much confidence.
    At his price, may have to trade him down if he's in doubt for rd1. Not good signs.

Im trying to work out what the best option is, I could go a cheaper premium like Goodes, Pav or Harvey, but none of them fill me with confidence due to new roles and the obviously issue of age. I haven't included Didak, as he is coming off an injury and has stated he doesn't wish to play as much through the midfield.
    The other options would be Yarran, Dangerfield and Higgins. All players that look to be fit and ready to step up in new roles (Dangerfield and Yarran) or finally reach the potential they have promised for so long (Higgins). The second option would save me some extra coin, but I dont really need it.

Im struggling with this decision.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You have a team thread, mate?
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

I think Goodes should be a lock in everyones SC. The only reason he struggled last year is he had a patch when he lost his kicking form. I don't see that happening again. He is underpriced for his durability and ability.
    - twitter @mammes

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by favourites View Post
    I think Goodes should be a lock in everyones SC. The only reason he struggled last year is he had a patch when he lost his kicking form. I don't see that happening again. He is underpriced for his durability and ability.
    Spot on favs First one picked for my SC forward line - a must at his starting price for mine.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Cheer Squad
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    You have a team thread, mate?

Nah not yet, im back tinkering with my team now that Chappy looks to be out. Once I figure out how im going to change my team, ill put one up. Looking at a few different options, I started a PLayer X vs. Player Y thread to combat the issue though.

FFC Cheer Squad
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by favourites View Post

Yeah his efficiency was somewhere in the 50's, and he still managed 94, he is a gun.
    I've been looking at Higgins with the possiblitiy of working Enright into my backline for R. Tarrant (will have to change a few other things as well though). Is Higgins worth it? or are you that confident that Goodes will return to premium status.