Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cyril Rioli (Profiled)

HAWTHORN star Cyril Rioli could return from a hamstring injury as early as Saturday when the Hawks clash with the Eagles at Aurora Stadium.

Rioli injured his hamstring against Sydney in Round 8 and was expected to miss up to a month of football but after resuming full training last Friday, the Hawthorn dynamo is well and truly in the mix to return for the Hawks.

FFC Football Operations Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely Simpkin makes way for him if Cyril plays.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Simpkin was pretty damn good against GWS so would be tough to drop him. Would think Hartung followed by Langford (who was dropped before the late out), if Hale is out then I'd expect Roughy probably becomes the 2nd ruck to Ceglar and Rioli could come in for him.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-15/cyrils-final-push
    HAWTHORN star Cyril Rioli could make an explosive return if he's passed fit to face Port Adelaide in Saturday's preliminary final at the MCG, teammate Jack Gunston says.

Rioli has not played since he suffered a hamstring tendon injury in round 15, but is in the frame to return to take on the Power.

The electric small forward will be put to the test in a searching training session at Waverley on Monday morning when he joins the Hawks' main group.

Rioli remains in good spirits despite the long-lay off and pushed himself closer to 100 per cent at training last week, Gunston said.

"He's always up and about, Cyril. He's ready to go, he's trained pretty well lately," Gunston said on Monday.

"Hopefully he can get through the session today – I think he's joining the main group and he's going to do a full session.

"I think he was about 80 or 90 per cent last week and hopefully he can get through the session today."

If Rioli proves his fitness and lines up in the preliminary final it would be his first match for 12 weeks, but Gunston had no doubt Rioli would pick up the pace immediately.

"I'm sure Cyril won't have an issue. He's an explosive player and he's always got great touch and great feel out there in the game," Gunston said.

Rioli's return would squeeze out one of the Hawks – potentially Jonathan Simpkin or Taylor Duryea - who helped the reigning premiers to a 36-point qualifying final victory over Geelong.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Would absolutly love to see this guy out there! Could be valuable against Port with his pace!

Always much more enjoyable watching when he is doing his Thang

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looms as the perfect sub
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

7. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would almost have to be a vest candidate either way imo. Hard to see him coming straight into a prelim any other way after such an extended lay off.
    The eBert era is over

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1227530096585

It seemed that Cyril interviewed very well at clubs he wanted to go to and not very well with clubs he didn’t want to go to. That could have helped us a little bit, but we were always big Rioli fans and at pick 12, he’s turned out to be a really great get. We always felt we needed that small, quick forward and he fitted that bill perfectly.
    Article about Buckenara and his "top 10" value picks.

Basically confirms what people have always thought, that Rioli tanked the interviews at some clubs so that they wouldn't draft him. Certainly worked out well for Rioli in this case.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Must have missed his trip, when was that?

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Must have missed his trip, when was that?
    Can't remember when but he goes for a tackle and sticks the arm and leg out to stop someone. I think it's only a fine under new rules so he's not in trouble of missing weeks.
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has retired, effective immediately.
    Shame he didn't get to have a send off game, definitely deserved one, would have loved to watch him play one more game.

One of my favourite hawks, more for the subtle things he did that would generally go unrewarded.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Reamed Geelong on numerous occasions. Absolutely incredible footballer and will certainly be a Hall of Famer!
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

14. Likes divvydan liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Never having to hear Derm or Bruce call one of his games trumps not seeing him play again for me but it's at least close which says how fun he was to watch

Great player, disagree on hall of fame worthy (he will get in though because of his hype train) as he didn't have the consistency or longevity to support it and he'd be well behind several other small forwards who aren't in for mine. Still one of the funnest players to watch (on mute) and did some amazing things. Like Elvs said, his best work was without the ball and he's absolutely among the best in that area and I loved watching him tackle, he's basically the posterboy that tackling is entirely the want to tackle because he was rarely ever bigger than the guy he would destroy in a tackle.

Agree it's sad he doesn't want a send off game, most Hawks fans might be total assholes (we're very lucky here, we somehow have the 1 in 20 good fans for all our Hawks boys and not the mouth breathing racist assholes that attend their games!) but it's always sad when the fans don't get to say farewell properly to one of their favourites.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty gutted I wont get to see him run around on the ground again but am stoked to be able to say I saw him play. One of the most exhilarating players to watch, always felt like something amazing was about to happen when he was in the area.

Favourite moment would have to be his effort on the wing vs 3 Cats players in the 08 Grand Final. When that happened it was the first time I thought we were actually going to win that day, it was such a pivotal, team lifting moment. Iconic and went on to define so much of what made his career so great.
    Only ever talking SC

17. Likes Wogitalia liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That chase down in the 2015 Grand Final will be my most enduring memory of him. Pushes from one contest and runs 30-40m to crush the sleeping defender.

A supreme talent who unfortunately didn't have the body to allow us to see him push further up the ground for more than the occasional burst.

I wish him nothing but the best in retirement.
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

19. Likes Hodges liked this post