Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random statement/question thread

If you have random things that are non-AFL related on your mind that you want to share feel free to post them here.

I'll get the ball rolling, as much as it hurts the bank to get Foxtel (I'm 19 years old and my parents get me to pay for it myself) its the little things like being able to record TV shows from my laptop that I love about it.

Basically I sign onto my online Foxtel account, looking in the TV guide and click record on any program and the computer tells the Foxtel set top box to record it for me. If I had a half-decent mobile phone I'd be able to record shows wherever I am, how sick is that!

FFC Senior Assistant Coach His_Holiness's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Random statement/question thread

You could just download/torrent all the tv shows you want. Just being able to record from your laptop doesnt sound that sweet. I've got a PVR that records what I want on free-to-air.
    Twitter: His_Holiness15

Team
    ST KILDA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I use playTV on my ps3 to record FTA shows.

Being able to record on the go seems pretty awesome though Stubz.
    The Fantasy Footy Club: Like us on Facebook! |Follow us on Twitter!
    The Wizards of OZ FFC (est 2009)

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah love the IQ set up as well Stubz. I have an iphone as well, so can set to record from pretty much wherever I am if I ever forget.

My question is has anyone else here had their wisdom teeth out? I've had two of mine out today, and after 4-5 hours of serious pain it's finally starting to die off due to some heavy pain killers. Does this pain continue for a few days or is the first day generally the worst? Also any hints for the pain, I've had a mate say rinsing with salt water helps, like any stuff like that or foods to eat that doesn't hurt? Cheers in advance.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Pumbi's Avatar
    Team
    ST KILDA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Yeah love the IQ set up as well Stubz. I have an iphone as well, so can set to record from pretty much wherever I am if I ever forget.

My question is has anyone else here had their wisdom teeth out? I've had two of mine out today, and after 4-5 hours of serious pain it's finally starting to die off due to some heavy pain killers. Does this pain continue for a few days or is the first day generally the worst? Also any hints for the pain, I've had a mate say rinsing with salt water helps, like any stuff like that or foods to eat that doesn't hurt? Cheers in advance.
    No help from me, but what a Birthday Present!
    Connors > Deledio

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbi View Post
    No help from me, but what a Birthday Present!
    Hah, I know right. At least I have the rest of the week to sit at home and do jack all.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Was going to say that to Pumbi, a day after your birthday and you get wisdom teeth out..... maybe the grog the day before doesn't help with the pain - I've never had wisdom teeth out not that I remember anyway.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Pumbi's Avatar
    Team
    ST KILDA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post
    Was going to say that to Pumbi, a day after your birthday and you get wisdom teeth out..... maybe the grog the day before doesn't help with the pain - I've never had wisdom teeth out not that I remember anyway.
    Or conversely, maybe getting on the grog now would ease the pain?
    Connors > Deledio

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I might have this problem soon, I noticed I can feel my wisdom teeth popping out at the top but not so much at the bottom. I have kept it quiet as I hate going to the dentist (last time I mentioned to my Mum I had not been to the dentist I had braces on the next week) and I have heard having wisdom teeth out can be pretty painful, in some cases they have to break your jaw!

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbi View Post
    Or conversely, maybe getting on the grog now would ease the pain?
    Dont know if his meds will take the grog to well.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Yep. I had all 4 out at once, and in the chair. I viewed it as a challenge and I know the dentist. He is the guy who let me have 3 fillings with no aesthetic, just because I thought I could do it, and he did it for his own entertainment

After I had them out I only had pain meds once, I am not a big believer in them . I took was 2 panadol and 2 nurofen at once with a couple of drinks the night I had it done and it worked a treat Foods like jelly and icy poles are good, the cold can numb the pain a little too. Dont worry mate, the pain is not too bad and it goes away pretty quickly. I had mine out on a friday morning and was back at work on Monday, but only because I dont need to talk too much for my work. If you have to talk, expect to have another 2 or 3 more days off before you go back.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    I might have this problem soon, I noticed I can feel my wisdom teeth popping out at the top but not so much at the bottom. I have kept it quiet as I hate going to the dentist (last time I mentioned to my Mum I had not been to the dentist I had braces on the next week) and I have heard having wisdom teeth out can be pretty painful, in some cases they have to break your jaw!
    People say to put it off until they start causing you problems. What happened with me was I didn't have enough room in my mouth and gums, so the teeth were coming through and splitting my gums at the same time. It got infected at one stage which I had to go on antibiotics for, and the dentist said in these exact words "Your going to have to get them all out, or else you'll be putting up with this pain for 50 years or worse they affect your nerves and you will have a permanent slack jaw".

When they say something like that you really have no choice.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach His_Holiness's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You only need to pull them out if they're growing awkwardly and start hurting your other teeth. Mine are on the top, going to see a dentist after uni has finished for the semester. And dentists never have to break your jaw to remove your wisdom teeth.
    Twitter: His_Holiness15

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post
    Dont know if his meds will take the grog to well.
    Rubbish. In my untrained opinion, a little grog is good, but just a little

If you go over the top then of course, but a couple of drinks is OK...... Isn't it?

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Yep. I had all 4 out at once, and in the chair. I viewed it as a challenge and I know the dentist. He is the guy who let me have 3 fillings with no aesthetic, just because I thought I could do it, and he did it for his own entertainment

After I had them out I only had pain meds once, I am not a big believer in them . I took was 2 panadol and 2 nurofen at once with a couple of drinks the night I had it done and it worked a treat Foods like jelly and icy poles are good, the cold can numb the pain a little too. Dont worry mate, the pain is not too bad and it goes away pretty quickly. I had mine out on a friday morning and was back at work on Monday, but only because I dont need to talk too much for my work. If you have to talk, expect to have another 2 or 3 more days off before you go back.
    Cheers Jimmy, yeah I've had some soup and jelly already got it down pretty nicely. Had mine out in the chair as well, with a couple of needles. Only two though.