Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 17-23 Trades

Figure this will get us through to the end of the season.

As Divvy posted in the other thread, Kelly could be out for 3 odd weeks with a calf which will probably mean I move him on I think even with Brayshaw as cover because Brayshaw is putting up Brayshaw 2019 scores. In a sense, could be a slight blessing as it will give me that extra little bit of cash required to move Baker to Whitfield after I gave some up with a trade to buy myself 37 DT (Clarke).

I'm super salty about going with Clarke over Westhoff, like how does a dude have just 5 touches and 25 hitouts against a ruckless opposition? I feel like this has got to be my worst trade ever in fantasy sports.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 17-23 Trades

In SC I really need a base priced downgrade but with weak bench cover I also need them as emergency cover. Not too much to ask.

For DT, a final mid upgrade Rocky and Duncan the front runners.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    In SC I really need a base priced downgrade but with weak bench cover I also need them as emergency cover. Not too much to ask.
    Kyle Dunkley should be given a decent opportunity from here. Has played some great games for Casey to earn his spot. Didnít see the Carlton game but scored 58sc. Base priced. Unfortunately Mid only.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

4. Likes Nothing liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I think the only reasonable trade option for me at this point is to push the delete team button and call it a day
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

6. Likes Notorious_29, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SC: Pretty ****ed here, forced into trading Hore and Sicily is my cheapest viable option. Means I have to make 70k somewhere and looking at taking Jarrod Cameron, who's M/F status gives me a nice link. Will leave me with two trades and missing several top end premos . Injuries in this format have just been relentless for me.

DT: Want to bring in Whitfield, but may wait one week. Ideally Whitfield drops and Brodie Smith rises a little. Have 6 trades and $295k in the bank. Thinking I'll do Brayshaw to an underprice mid guy this week like Neale or Sloane so I can still hopefully do Smith to Whitfield in one trade next week.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In SC I'm in a bind.

Trying to maximise ROB's value whilst relying on Gawn to play because Bines gets locked in tonight removes all flexibility.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    In SC I'm in a bind.

Trying to maximise ROB's value whilst relying on Gawn to play because Bines gets locked in tonight removes all flexibility.
    Yeah, this is one of the few rounds where Bines is genuinely useless
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t realise Sicily was so cheap. Annoys me that I’ve carried his sorry arse for most of the season. For those looking at an alternative and able to spend a bit more, DBJ has been flying of late. Average of 104 over the past 7 with a high of 121 and low of 80. 117 and 121 in last two. From what I’ve seen, he’s basically playing a classic Laird like role. $473k in SC.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hartlett hasn't appeared to slow him down either
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Well I've made my last two trades that I can afford to use, so it's Brodie Smith until the end for me as well as Brayshaw in SC... somehow still have 9 trades left after upgrading Brayshaw and will do Smith next week in RDT.

Doesn't really matter because the damage is well and truly done, such a weird season where I mostly nailed my preseason assessments but completely whiffed on the season (by not picking several guys I should have...) Review is going to be the most interesting part of the season. Lot of bad trades made in 15m windows before lockouts sure hasn't helped the cause
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Didn’t realise Sicily was so cheap. Annoys me that I’ve carried his sorry arse for most of the season. For those looking at an alternative and able to spend a bit more, DBJ has been flying of late. Average of 104 over the past 7 with a high of 121 and low of 80. 117 and 121 in last two. From what I’ve seen, he’s basically playing a classic Laird like role. $473k in SC.
    Good shout this, a huge 130 for DBJ this round. Im waiting on Whitfield for the final back upgrade, but DBJ is a really nice alternative option. Havent been watching him play though, so feels a bit risky. Whitfield apparently got a rib knock today, durability is coming into question a lot right now.

Also holding off on my final mid upgrade until SC finals, have Stack holding down M8 currently. Was looking at Kelly for that spot but obviously he is a no go now. Bont picked up a knock today, Cunnington is showing some vulnerability to the tag, Oliver is too up and down - looking at Treloar now. Has had one bad score all year (68), only four below 100 and has Gold Coast in the run home. Should be a good option, scoring well even though Pies have been struggling which is a plus.
    Only ever talking SC

14. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news for Coniglio, not an ACL.
    But end of the season and more forced trades.

EXCLUSIVE: GWS Giants star Stephen Coniglio has escaped an ACL tear. But he won't play again in 2019

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pendles has had surgery on his broken finger (middle left). Hasn't ruled out playing this week but I suspect he'll miss at least this week.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sooooo stuffed with Cogs now.

Got 2 trades remaining so a trade on Cogs now gonna be a fun final 5 rounds with a backline bench of Logue and Naish to go with my forwardline bench of Young and Gardner....

If Brayshaw wasn't one of the biggest scrubs to walk an oval in 2019 I'd contemplate holding Cogs for at least a few weeks to make sure my other lines hold up but he now has a 10 game average of 78 DT so it's pretty bad.

18. Likes Crows88 liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With Cogs, Kelly and Ward down, does Greene become a midfielder again? He was huge on the weekend, 34 touches, 6 marks, 6 tackles and 2 goals for a 144/138 score. Had some huge midfield potential back in 2014, finished the season off with a 115.7/117.5 from the final 9 games of the season.

I guess Kelly should be back in a couple and Greene has no durability but if I had some more trades to burn in DT.... Might consider it in SC but I've got got Cogs/Pendles and 435k to get Answerth off as D6 to worry about.