Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 13 Trades

Just me or it feels like all the rookie at this point are super dodgy either on scoring potential or JS? Mainly both. Just feels like in recent years there's usually been a few that have been injured that come into the swing of things in the second half of the year that make for good downgrade targets. Right now I'm just not seeing it so it makes each downgrade a fingers crossed and hope for the best kind of thing.

Naish was the only rookie to play last week and looked pretty good, certainly going to get himself another game but not sure what his longer term JS is like which I think becomes more of a factor now as these downgrades most likely aren't in to make you cash, just to rely on their score if required for an emg.

One in the back of my mind is still Westhoff. Dixon played his first game in the SANFL (13 touches, 5.2) so he shouldn't be far off at all. Once he's in the side I'd like to hope that it could free up Westhoff and we might see someone that could average 90 odd. Maybe for the F6 spot but I think he'd make the perfect F7 spot because you can effectively cover 3 positions in the side. O'Brien to a ruck/fwd and a midfield rookie to a mid/fwd. Given most have Kelly/Danger/Dunkley/Heeney, any one of those 4 can swing forward with Westhoff to go on the field to cover that area whilst you then have the ruck cover should it be required. Obviously I'm still trying to complete my side with a forward premium along with a couple of defenders so thinking about the F7 position should probably be a little way from my mind but just seems like a strong move should he go up the field who can be had at under 500k (RDT), 363k (SC). The other 'issue' here is trying to pick a mid/fwd rookie who will actually get games at some point this year as it would be ideal - had a look through the list and a few pop up as maybes but no one really screams out as a sound selection.

Anyways, go nuts.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 13 Trades

Completely butchered my team around the byes again it seems.
    Need probably 6 trades this week to field 18.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Just me or it feels like all the rookie at this point are super dodgy either on scoring potential or JS? Mainly both. Just feels like in recent years there's usually been a few that have been injured that come into the swing of things in the second half of the year that make for good downgrade targets. Right now I'm just not seeing it so it makes each downgrade a fingers crossed and hope for the best kind of thing.

Naish was the only rookie to play last week and looked pretty good, certainly going to get himself another game but not sure what his longer term JS is like which I think becomes more of a factor now as these downgrades most likely aren't in to make you cash, just to rely on their score if required for an emg.

One in the back of my mind is still Westhoff. Dixon played his first game in the SANFL (13 touches, 5.2) so he shouldn't be far off at all. Once he's in the side I'd like to hope that it could free up Westhoff and we might see someone that could average 90 odd. Maybe for the F6 spot but I think he'd make the perfect F7 spot because you can effectively cover 3 positions in the side. O'Brien to a ruck/fwd and a midfield rookie to a mid/fwd. Given most have Kelly/Danger/Dunkley/Heeney, any one of those 4 can swing forward with Westhoff to go on the field to cover that area whilst you then have the ruck cover should it be required. Obviously I'm still trying to complete my side with a forward premium along with a couple of defenders so thinking about the F7 position should probably be a little way from my mind but just seems like a strong move should he go up the field who can be had at under 500k (RDT), 363k (SC). The other 'issue' here is trying to pick a mid/fwd rookie who will actually get games at some point this year as it would be ideal - had a look through the list and a few pop up as maybes but no one really screams out as a sound selection.

Anyways, go nuts.
    Yeah, basically using rookies at the moment to fill gaps, which never ends well when it comes to last 2 or 3 rounds when the real carnage starts to hit.
    Would be surprised if we pick Dixon this week. I went to Alberton last saturday and whilst he was very good considering the problems he had regarding his re-hab, he did run out puff in the last quarter. Also given the concerns on the Optus surface as well it'd be foolish to play him there.
    Drew looked really good however, I can see him coming into the team, not sure who for though, but he's kind of irrelevant now most have moved him on.
    Also Hartlett while not racking the possies, he isn't that far from returning also.
    Can see us also resting Ryder this week given the concerns about Optus' surface, which may help Westhoff if we don't choose to take Ladhams as he could do a little bit in the ruck
    Last edited by KickItToButch; 11th June 2019 at 11:39 PM.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trades seem pretty straight forward for me this week.

Moore > Gardner
    Atkins > Boak
    Clark > Sicily

Gets me 19 on field this week. Frustrating to see that Stocker is out for a month with a foot issue, the week after I picked him up. Gardner doesn’t seen like a great rookie, but the value is in the DPP and the price. Clarke and Naish look like decent rookies coming up, outside that it’s slim pickings!
    Only ever talking SC

5. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answerth -> Naish
    Atkins -> Clarke
    Petrol -> Sicily

22 starting
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

7. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking at Sicily this week as well, but read they have the toughest run home out of anyone (https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-...-best-run-home). So might go for a POD in Luke Ryan instead, Sicily at a great price though so still might go him.

In terms of rookies Bewley is another one if picked again, on the bubble. I fully expect Logue to picked with the injuries at Freo, only playing his first game but should have a place in the team for the remainder of the season if his form is anywhere near satisfactory.

After that DEF upgrade I'm only left with one midfield upgrade and that's locked in on Neale.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stocker's out for a month now?! What the hell, get basically 0 updates or news about him last week apart from being a late out and now he's out for a month!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not that he's relevant yet, but Cotch is confirmed out this week.

I'm also looking at a potential ROB > Hoff trade next round. Just for insurance.

This week I'll probably look at 2 of Clarke/Bewley and finally getting in Boak.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know a couple of people either considered or brought in Broadbent as a cheapish-mid priced back.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-...-mental-health

PORT Adelaide defender Matthew Broadbent will be out indefinitely as he deals with a mental health issue.

The Power will help the 28-year-old during his leave of absence.

"Matthew is a valued player, teammate and person at the Port Adelaide Football Club. At this point, the best option for his overall health is to step away from the game for a while," football manager Chris Davies told portadelaidefc.com.au.

"The club's primary focus is on Matthew's health and welfare and we will continue to provide him with the ongoing support he requires.

"We can't say at this point how long that will be but he will be given as long as he needs."

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those weighing up Clarke v Hind. VFL DT numbers below

I'd love to see Clarke's SC numbers. The K:HB ratio screams a big inside game which was borne out in his game against Cripps. The effective HB numbers are the standout. That would likely have translated into some decent clearance numbers in SC. In the Carlton game he had 23D (10K 13HB), 9 contested, 10 tackles and 6 clearances for 109DT 99SC. It'll be interesting to see how he plays with Shiel back. Hopefully he keeps the inside role freeing up Shiel and Zerrett a bit more.

The fact that he's held his spot with Essendon's ins is a decent sign. I reckon he's worth the premium over Hind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

13. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the tackle numbers for Clarke, that alone can keep you in the side and elevate your fantasy scores generously.