SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 9 Trades

Brayshaw's role has changed, I'd stay away. Large part of his strength last year was the clearance role which in SC is obvious but even in DT meant he was getting 4+ tackles every game with a couple of double figure efforts thrown in there which created a much stronger base line for his scores, removing the clearances and CP has decimated his SC even more.

Simple fact is unless he get's the role of last year, where he was their top clearance man at the end of the season, then there is just no point to consider him in SC and very limited reason to be considering in DT as well. I'm probably going to trade him this week and cut my losses, if he gets the role change I can always jump back on but there's a solid 30 points difference between Brayshaw the winger and Brayshaw the clearance man.

I'll see what I can do with the cash I have but I'll most likely be grabbing Stocker, there are no rookies on the horizon so if he's named I basically have to take him and roll the dice. Not going to stop upgrading and compound the point loss at this point or I may as well just stop altogether, especially with two rookies now stopped dead in their tracks and needing to go.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that CBA article on him last week was damning. Man is a winger this year, not getting much mid time at all. Im trading him this week.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already traded him to Kelly in rdt.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KickItToButch View Post
    Just on the rucks front, Peter Ladhams from Port is really close from getting a go, might be good timing if ROB is peaking in price.
    link to his stats. https://sanfl.com.au/league/clubs/po...fl&season=2019

SANFL form has been outstanding by all reports (I watch very little SANFL).
    For some reason the SANFL just randomly had a week off this week. No games at all. So I wouldn't be expecting him in this week.
    Port does need a key forward, though. I'd have Ladhams as more of a ruck, who can play forward, rather than v/v. Considering they already have 2 guys who ruck in the team, I wouldn't have thought he's overly close to getting a game.
    Frampton has kicked 9 goals in his last 2 games (stats suggest he's switched from predominately ruck, to predominately forward), so is a decent chance to be the forward they bring in.
    You'd probably know more than me, though, being a Port supporter.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

5. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the state league game last weekend, against WA.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was the state game with WA

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot can happen in a few weeks (see Dunkley), I'm wary of trading out Brayshaw as I'd expect his role to improve at some point with how good he looked playing there towards the back end of last season and even the start of this season. He is 100% the type of guy who can bash out a couple of monster scores, but on the other hand he is scoring very poorly right now and no better than a rookie really.

Speaking of Dunkley I think Hodges already mentioned earlier in the thread but I'm looking into him closely this week. $515k in SC, last chance to get him this discounted for what he can do in the midfield role he's had the last two weeks. With the midfield role he was a 110+ guy at the back end of the last season, considering the dogs have won two games straight against fairly strong opposition (Richmond and Brisbane) surely they are his minutes to lose now. I would have to keep him in the midfield for the time being but could transition to my forward line with Worpel being F7 post byes.

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only gonna make I trade, getting in Stocker to get some cash for when Whitfield bottoms out in price.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simpson listed as 1 week. Newman listed as test. Stocker seems like a 'if you really need a downgrade' kind of trade, considering his 2 direct replacements are a week away.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

11. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Williamson and Plowman both injures though, although just a week for Plowman
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Speaking of Dunkley I think Hodges already mentioned earlier in the thread but I'm looking into him closely this week. $515k in SC, last chance to get him this discounted for what he can do in the midfield role he's had the last two weeks. With the midfield role he was a 110+ guy at the back end of the last season, considering the dogs have won two games straight against fairly strong opposition (Richmond and Brisbane) surely they are his minutes to lose now. I would have to keep him in the midfield for the time being but could transition to my forward line with Worpel being F7 post byes.
    Good article on the AFL site from Marc McGowan. His "Stats Files" stuff is pretty good. Recent article on Pendles role is also worth a read.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-...eogame-numbers

The big take out for me is the improvement in his kicking, which is massive for SC. Also worth noting that he had two scores in the 90s in Rds 5 & 6 when he was supposedly playing FWD. I'm already pretty loaded in the FWDs with Moore sitting at F6 but still tempted to bring him in and then upgrade the underperformers to MIDs through the byes.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

14. Likes Hodges, Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the injury lists on the AFL site have been updated.

Jack Ross listed as 6-8 weeks Might hold him this week for loops (given Bines plays Fri night) but he has to go. So annoying as he had so much more cash to make.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

16. Likes KickItToButch, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Think I'll have to get rid of him as well, especially given I've still got Bailey Scott as the loop option. He's only worth $80-$90k more than Scott depending on the comp, which is a real pity. Hately would've been the option to go to if he could just get some more games but unless there's another couple of injuries, that doesn't look like happening. I may have to consider downgrading to a cheap b/m or f/m to use as a loophole if I can't find anyone playing.