Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 9 Trades

Was so very close to moving Walsh to Treloar last week, it was only the lack of cash cows coming up that made me go for a second rookie while they were strong. I'd have been spitting the dummy in the 3rd had I made the move but Treloar came home well and the 50 points would have looked very nice on my rank right now.

Few rookie injuries to the likes of Atkins and Ross hurts cash flow some, might finally give me a zero, assuming I don't trade Atkins out.

Rookie Watch:

Def:
    Keilty - Average of 38 DT probably says it all.

Mid:
    Stocker - Average of 45.5, really not much better but I suppose he has a little chance due to injuries. Unsure how long it lasts though and the bye really doesn't fit my midfield structure, unsure if others are similar.

Taylor - Late in, scored 37 which wasn't great. Mid/Fwd would be great if he could lock down a spot in the team though.

Fwds:

Hams - Scored just 36 and has an average of 47. In a loss with a score like that, I dare say he's going to battle to hold his spot.

Really isn't much to love there at all so unless you've got cash in hand or injured players, guessing it'll be a fairly quiet week on the trade front.

Am loaded myself so I'll be looking to make a trade. Back rookies in Duursma/Hore/Lockhart doing very well of late and with Lloyd/Whitfield falling in price or set to fall and Laird basically hovering around his mark, there isn't much urgency to trade here.

Stack is doing very well as an m8 right now, Constable would have been handy if I kept but with Geelong going back to their old ways of being last minute dogs, I doubt I'd have played him anyways. Walsh outside of a 3 week patch hasn't really been the player his average suggests, dropped 19.5k in DT so last week would have been a slightly better time to trade him but I'm open to doing so now. Treloar and Cripps are looking very strong.

Drew started like a bull but quickly went home, finished on 59 when he was 27 odd 5 min into the game just about. Inclined to give him another week or two due to Wines being out and there being no forward premium that really interests me outside of the ones I already have.

2. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 9 Trades

Also, how is Miers, pretty much the best rookie and everyone missed him (not just here, but everywhere in general). Currently up +319k, averaging 75 and a breakeven of 31 with his last 4 scores being 94, 93, 91 and 82!

Best part is, it really doesn't hurt as I don't think anyone really got on.

4. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Larkey is still within reach in SC. Only about $30k more than Hately who most were ready to jump on.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miers has been huge, theres always one great rookie that everyone misses each year.

Have a huge bank so im doing a double upgrade this week. The midfield is where im leaking the most points, think its time to go for Walsh and at this stage im moving on from Brayshaw. That article last week about CBAs really highlighted how much his role has changed this year. And to only score a 60 vs the Suns is abysmal, they give up the most points to midfielders.

Need a couple of R12 players for bye balance, looking at Zerrett and Dunkley. Zerrett has played GWS, Cats and Pies already, which were his sub 100 scores this year. Has yet to play the Suns which is good. Bont is the other option, but he has already played the Suns and has a second game against the Pies coming up. Dunkley is a risk, but surely given his last two weeks they keep him around the ball. 22 CPs this week which was a career high from memory. Even if he floats between both roles, he has had 2 games as a proper mid and 6 as a part time and is averaging 98. For 515k, thats a steal.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was one of those weeks where if you avoided carnage you went up in the ranks, unfortunately I did not.

I really don't think I can take Stocker with Simpson and Newman back in around the corner, seems like deadwood waiting to happen. Might be a no trade week for me.

8. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Miers has been great, unfortunately only took him in lol.
    Maybe with the lack of downgrade targets I might do a correctional trade or upgrade a mid pricer.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equally concerning is the lack of rookies coming through for next week. This week we really only had Wills (36, $166k) and Taylor (31, $117k) debut this week.
    Last edited by whale; 13th May 2019 at 01:41 PM.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll grab Stocker, looked much better in his 2nd match, considering he’s been thrown into defence too when he’s never played there.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

12. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Equally concerning is the lack of rookies coming through for next week. This week we really only had Wills (36, $166k) and Taylor (31, $117k) debut this week.
    Indeed. GWS NEAFL side had a bye on the weekend so Hately didn't get a chance to prove himself for selection again. Giants had a loss but hard to see him coming back in.

Stocker is probably our best bet.

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just on the rucks front, Peter Ladhams from Port is really close from getting a go, might be good timing if ROB is peaking in price.
    link to his stats. https://sanfl.com.au/league/clubs/po...fl&season=2019

SANFL form has been outstanding by all reports (I watch very little SANFL).

15. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Richmond ruckman Toby Nankervis has a high-grade right adductor injury and is expected to miss six to eight weeks.

Nankervis suffered the injury in a ruck contest during the first half of the Tigers' 25-point win over Fremantle at Optus Stadium on Sunday.

Midfielder Jack Ross has a left ankle syndesmosis sprain and currently has no time frame on his injury.
    Possible that Balta will get some extra ruck work but they may bring in Soldo or Choi to be the main ruckman. Ross won't be back any time soon.

17. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always feel we look into recent results too much in deciding who we should trade in, below are the splits of first 8 rounds last three seasons, and the final 14 games. looking at those who have had the best averages so far, and also the ones who have the best finishes.
    8 games is a very tiny sample and we have mostly decided who we think will be the top 10 or so at each position by end of the year, the problem is those you're trading in are most likely not going be in the top 10 going forward for majority on the players.
    I'll try and do some opponent analysis this week to see if can spot some of these 90-100 guys who are undervalued who have potential to come home strong.
    Apologies SC folk that its DT but DT should be as good a guide as how the player is actually going.

Attached Images Attached Images

19. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ed Curnow - ugh. Don't remind me.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone tempted to jump on Brayshaw this week?
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Anyone tempted to jump on Brayshaw this week?
    I was actually considering him last week as he looked to be dropping in price but he's going further down now so I'll wait until he levels out to consider.