Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 8 Trades

Premiums just seem to be taking their turns showing up/not showing up but my team is rolling so I guess I should be taking that as a big win.

Guys like Witherden, Rocky, Heeney all struggling - excluding Dangerfield because everyone should have him. Witherden seems to be very patchy with his scores so just going to have to grind it out for now. Rockliff was in the right role bar the 4th where he spent more time up forward but just didn't score as well as he hoped and Heeney struggles more with no Franklin.

Walsh is one that's now had two quieter weeks but stat wise, was still one of Carlton's better players. Get the feeling this is probably starting to look more towards what his average is, the question is just whether you roll with him until his bye and move him then or try swap him to a fallen premium now.

Just quietly, oh how nice it was to see Dunkley pump out a big 145 DT, long overdue and helps bring his average up some - please please please keep him in the midfield Bev.

O'Brien has been a machine for those that jumped on. Looks great in the ruck for Adelaide and deserves the spot ahead of Jacobs even when he returns imo and that's taking into account his awful kicking. Does kind of bring a bit of a strange issue though, when do you trade him? He's one of the best cash cows in your team in a position where you've most likely got Grundy and Gawn. You're never going to play him unless they're injured so do you hold for another 6 weeks so he can cover the round 13 bye, or do you cash him in after the Brisbane game where he'll have made most of his cash? Not sure....

------------

Rookie watch:

Def:
    Answerth - Not sure many questions were answered on the weekend? Only watched a bit of their game but didn't really notice him, I forget who it is on the Brisbane side that he's in competition with for a spot in the side but hopefully they're fit so we can see whether he's earned his spot or if he'll lose it. The Def/Mid status makes him very tempting though.

Joyce - Yeah nah I think.

Keilty - Probably not far off Joyce based on his 30 DT.

Mid:

Hatley - Another solid score, averaging 82 DT and guessing his SC is similar. The premium is a bit of a pain in the ass, as is his lack of JS but if Kelly returns, it'll be interesting to see whether he's done enough to keep his spot in the side. I'm of two minds with him, I'd really like the extra 30-40k I'd get by going someone else, but if he's scoring 80 odd a game, hard to turn that down.

Stocker - Finished on 40 DT and I feel like he was on 20 odd at 1/4 so I'm guessing he dropped off some.

Fwds:

Larkey - Back to reality with a 33 DT. Young KP forwards are inconsistent, would have hoped for more against Carlton given they had a good win. Kind of scared me off him for now I think. Teams will say a bit as to whether he's given another crack or not.

Moore - Second game in, scored 67 which is a respectable score. Unsure on what his JS is like and didn't get a good look at him on the weekend to comment further.

Corbett - Scored 59 with an average of 46 now. Haven't see him play so can't comment much outside of the round 14 bye is nice as a fwd.

Fallen Premium Watch:

Not going to list many here as I'm sure there are plenty so just a couple that come to mind/I'm watching.

Lloyd - I'm still super salty that he managed to score 49 DT in the 4th quarter to save his score. Was given a soft free and a stupid 50 to give him a goal. Has now dropped 34k in the past two weeks and projected to drop another 30k this week. This won't even make him a 'fallen' premium, but allow those (me) to buy him at his original starting price - whether I'm going to be able to fund that is another question.

Laird - Dropped 14k, now down 94k on his starting price whilst putting up a 95 on the weekend. Mightn't reach the highs of 2018 but he's still going to be a consistent scorer who shouldn't be overlooked.

Dunkley - Cheap if you're game but he's played in the midfield FT once in 7 games this season so yeah...

Heeney - Cheaper and going to be cheaper in a couple due to his last couple of rounds.

Westhoff - The main one I want to talk about here. Down 176k on his starting price and just went up 21k. Now had two strong games in a row with a 95 and 111 whilst only kicking 1/2 and 1/3 - so he hasn't relied on goals to get his score. His game on Friday night was the first time he's had over 18 touches this season (29 in total) which is also more he had in any game last year but that's got to be a positive sign. I'd probably need to check heat map to confirm whether he had more touches up the ground or if he was just strong up forward. The reason I feel he's worth considering is that with those that have O'Brien, getting Westhoff in could be a way to downgrade O'Brien to a fwd/ruck rookie and open up a link so Westhoff can cover if needed. Obviously getting a top forward is the main priority, Westhoff might be that or he could later turn to an F7/R3 and with a mid/fwd link in the midfield, he'd also fill the midfield role with the likes of Dangerfield/Heeney/Kelly etc all having mid status. The flip side is Dixon is still a while off for memory and we mightn't see Westthoff's very best until he's back as this would allow him to roam higher up the ground potentially. Food for thought though.

2. Likes Hodges, Narkee, KickItToButch, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 8 Trades

Good stuff dyl.

I don't think too much was answered on Answerth either. Think there was a couple of poor moments, but still scored 72SC from 14 possessions - 11 contested.
    Zac Bailey was the one I think Brisbane rate highly who was listed as a test coming into the week but didn't make the 22 (or emergencies) so definitely will be interesting to see if he's fit. They'd probably drop Lester for him though, so maybe Answerth is ok for the next few rounds.

I'm not sure Hately's premium is that much of an issue, considering not many options and it's only $25K more than $123K SC rookies.
    His JS is certainly the issue, probably straight out for Kelly
    Only thing I could possibly see is Davis coming in for Buntine, then Kelly coming in for Corr (injured) or Cumming (average) with Tomlinson shifting to a more defensive role.
    FF says Cumming was 'named on a wing' so if that's true, I'd just go Davis for Buntine/Corr, Kelly for Cumming

Someone who is still quite cheap in Supercoach is Marshall ($438K) who is averaging 100.4. He has Grundy in Round 9 (bad!!!) but West Coast this week. If Hickey is still out, I'll probably pounce, Witts had 60 hitouts against Vardy. His BE is 99 though with that Gawn 51 game still in his average, but would be worth getting this week (especially if Hickey is still out!) rather than next week when he has Grundy
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my trades will be based around Dangerfield's injury outcome.

I think Daniel's is a must, watched the Dogs game on the weekend and his role is crazy good.

Is there any website where we can get top 1000 ownership?

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KickItToButch View Post
    I think my trades will be based around Dangerfield's injury outcome.

I think Daniel's is a must, watched the Dogs game on the weekend and his role is crazy good.

Is there any website where we can get top 1000 ownership?
    I expect Danger should be fine, but yeah if he's out, could impact some trade plans.

I still think Daniel needs 30+ possessions just to score 100 (but he has had 30 possessions 4 weeks in a row )

https://supercoachscores.com/threads...-round-6.4107/ , thread isn't up this week.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if there are no debuts you need to take 1 or 2 of Hately, Answerth and Larkey if they are all named. I'll be planning on Hately and Answerth at this stage.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davis, Whitfield and Kelly should be back in. Trades this week largely dependent on if Hately can keep his spot for me.

Lloyd and Macrae the two I'm looking to bring in the next couple of weeks (SC), Libba and Brayshaw real concerns but think I'll keep upgrading the rookies and back them in to bounce back.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeremy Cameron has kicked 30 goals in 7 weeks. Averaging 17 touches, 8 marks and 7 scoring shots per game, for a 108 average.
    Is he the new Buddy? A key forward who you can actually trust to pick?
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

9. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    Jeremy Cameron has kicked 30 goals in 7 weeks. Averaging 17 touches, 8 marks and 7 scoring shots per game, for a 108 average.
    No.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah damn, was meant to trolling list Darling in my OP but forgot.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    No.
    Probably. I'll try to learn my lesson though and leave him

Kicked at least 3 every game this year

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To elaborate further, durability isn't good, he has never averaged enough over a season but has regularly had runs of 6 weeks of great scoring and doesn't play as well in the cooler months.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Ah damn, was meant to trolling list Darling in my OP but forgot.
    Understandable, I have tried to forget he was ever in my team
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Understandable, I have tried to forget he was ever in my team
    $200 sideways trade from Drew, worth considering.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Speaking of those who have been great since leaving my team, David Mundy has had a great run ever since Fyfe got concussed.

Since Fyfe has come back in, he's still scored 85/83, 119/122 and 112/137 and only one of those was in a win (119/122).

Priced at $652k RDT and $549k SC means he's actually more expensive now than when he started the season. Too expensive to bring in I suspect but just a cautionary tale to those who, like me, who saw his first two games ( 66/73 and 49/35) and bailed.

17. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Speaking of those who have been great since leaving my team, David Mundy has had a great run ever since Fyfe got concussed.

Since Fyfe has come back in, he's still scored 85/83, 119/122 and 112/137 and only one of those was in a win (119/122).

Priced at $652k RDT and $549k SC means he's actually more expensive now than when he started the season. Too expensive to bring in I suspect but just a cautionary tale to those who, like me, who saw his first two games ( 66/73 and 49/35) and bailed.
    Also moved Mundy on after round 2 to Boak, so net gain of about 15 points- not worth it at the moment but we'll have to see how it plays out over the rest of the season. I've gone conservative in the past two years and it tends to be a slow grind up the rankings if the initial selections dont perform as anticipated. I also sideways traded Simmo to Stewart after round two and that's worked out well, and even the Martin to Rocky sideways trade after round one has gone ok when you take into account the cash gained. Will have to see how things pan out once injuries strike at the pointy end of the season.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing