Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 4 Trades

For those considering Tim Kelly this week, he injured his ankle late in last week's game and is currently listed as a test for this week and if he plays, might be below his best.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any interest in Lockhart?

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Probably not. Melbourne seem to have a lot of fringe players at the moment and Iím not sure there is enough job security there to warrant a trade. Even if only for a bail out option for an underperforming premium or mid pricer.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tooserius is good enough as a rough guide
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Purely AF/LOL question, should i bring Stack in straight away before his price goes further up? He's now $208k mid, having gone up $38k after his first game. Would likely be bringing him in for Scott.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Purely AF/LOL question, should i bring Stack in straight away before his price goes further up? He's now $208k mid, having gone up $38k after his first game. Would likely be bringing him in for Scott.
    I find with rookies its best to bring them in on their 2nd game, generally the 1st price rise isn't huge.
    You atleast then get to have a look at them and don't get stuck with a dead rookie.
    Last edited by Elvs1; 11th April 2019 at 06:14 PM.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hore going large brings him straight into contention for next week now with the 93/86 - 20 touches, 9 marks and 3 tackles. From what I saw, didn't seem to be really playing a big KP role so should be able to co-exist with May when he returns if his own form remains solid. So will look to target him next week, not entirely sure who goes out for him yet.

Am considering going early on Stack this week just to give me the extra trade in hand next week to grab Hore and do something else if required. Cotchin gone for 2-3 weeks should help short term and without Martin as well for the weekend, it should give him the ability to put up a decent score - not that it's required given he'll be riding the bench.

If I do move Scott to Stack then it opens up the option for me to go Rozee if I move either Ridley or Setterfield. Ridley is probably the one that would be more likely to go. He has a breakeven of 0, an expected price rise of 29.4k with a projected score of 51. Feel like he should be a good scorer but with the way he's playing at Essendon, he's stuck really deep down back which is hurting his ability to get involved frequently and put up a decent score, his position in the side isn't safe either given he went out after round 1. Am kicking myself I didn't make this move last week but there were a few options I was considering last week with before Ridley came in so there's every chance I could have gone another way.

Moving Ridley gives me more flexability with trade out options the following week with Hore as I can choose from either the forward or back rookies, I just hate the concept of trading out a rookie (super high priced one) who is just about to rise in price for the first time this season.

Kind of comes down to what Rozee does from here. As AT said earlier in the thread, scores of -

R1: 69DT/67SC from 75% TOG
    R2: 75DT/85SC from 84% TOG
    R3: 121DT/116SC from 82% TOG
    In the pre season he had a 49/41 against Adelaide from 76% TOG and a 38/44 against North from 78% TOG. In those games he only had 6 touches (with 2 goals) and 11 touches.

Right now, after 3 he's gone 18, 18 and 21. Hard to know what we should be expecting from him going forward though. Last year in the 4 games at the Championships he averaged 74 DT and in the 12 SANFL games he averaged 66 DT so it is kind of hard to imagine he maintains anything near his current 88 average and likely comes crashing back down to earth but that 120 in his system for 2 weeks is hard to ignore.

9. Likes Wheedus, Athomas liked this post