ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 3 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Some rumours around that Heeney will actually be rested this week, which might be a benefit for those holding him.
    Is it though? Then it's unsure how long he's out for as well and does that help push you over the edge? Or does he then come back 100% in a week or two?

I'm all over the shop

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the very least, it means you can delay the trade without losing cash and make corrections elsewhere. However, I suspect a lot are downgrading Henney as a means of generating some cash for other moves. So a rest is a blessing or a curse depending on what you're trying to achieve.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and just to add some salt into the wound, Heeney's actually pretty useless for E loops this week with Syd playing Carl in the 3rd game of the round so you can't even get a look at Setterfield's score.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

4. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Waiting for teams eagerly right now... so much potential carnage is being rumoured.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantasy Freako@FantasyFreako Apr 1More

If you've been watching the Cats closely, you would have noticed that Joel Selwood has been pushed out to the wing. Tim Kelly is now in the guts and leads the Cats for CBA's. #SuperCoach#AFLFantasy

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leading a team in CBA's with players like Danger, Selwood, Ablett and Duncan around him. I'm 99% grabbing him for Heeney at this point.

FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Leading a team in CBA's with players like Danger, Selwood, Ablett and Duncan around him. I'm 99% grabbing him for Heeney at this point.
    I started with Kelly in SC. The thing that concerns me is that even though he has attended the most CB's and played brilliantly the first two weeks, his scoring isn't going crazy large (106 and 111). Granted that's still solid compared to other slow starting forward premiums. Then you look at a guy like Boak who has played really well in the first two rounds also and is going bigger (119, 123). I'd argue that Kelly has been the more damaging player of the two. All 18 coaches would pick him ahead of Boak.
    Kelly just strikes me as a guy that Champion Data don't rate. He'll be solid, and maybe that will be enough this year to be top 6 in the forwards, but I'm not sure that's a lock. He's in the mold of Treloar and M. Crouch who also get crucified because of disposal efficiency. Have had both previously and it's a frustrating ride. So far with guys like Franklin, Smith, Heeney, Mundy, Menegola, and a few others not meeting expectations.. it may be easy to grab a few bargains there.

Even his bio in the prospectus says he rated elite last year for disposals, clearances, and contested possessions as well as being the 6th highest goal scorer of the top 150 ball winners. Yet that only corresponded to an average in SC of 91. He has the highest turnover rate of the top 50 ball winners which is what crucifies him.

I still think he's a fine pick and should squeeze into the top 6 but there are some warning signs for mine.

9. Likes Athomas, Narkee liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had 20CPs and 10 clearances for only a 110. I agree that that’s pretty concerning, that should be a way bigger score. Still, the role is perfect so he will be a top 6 guy.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Averaged 93SC in 2018, compared to 86DT (+7 points). Breaking even from two games this year. Not sure crucified is the right word to be honest, I see what you're saying though, but if the biggest warning sign is that he's 110's should be 140's he's still a hell of an improvement from what Heeney is doing.

12. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

My bigger concern on Kelly is actually how much he has faded in both games. It can certainly be argued both ways, in that if he ever goes on with a score it will be a monster but it's a worrying trend that he's faded like he has in both games as it could be a fitness indicator and it's more likely he has a quiet first half than gets fit if that's an accurate assessment of the reason.

That said, he's still right up there as an option. I feel like he's the one I'll regret passing on the most if I go down a different path. If I'm doing a single trade though it would be him as he's got the best role, a good scoring line establish and some serious upside. I don't think he's a bad kick (turnovers could be another indicator of fitness though) and I do think it will be hard for CD to ignore him if he keeps going large. He's basically in the same place as Brayshaw where his disposal gets marked extra harshly so if they dial that back as he becomes a household name then the SC side of things can rapidly become very positive given he ticks all the other boxes of metres, contested, clearance and goals.

Still, this sounds overly negative for a guy I think is the best forward option right now for anyone looking to find a 100+ scorer that's safe.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How sold are people on Boak anyway? Is he playing as a primary mid again?
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Kelly has been close to BOG both weeks. Personally, I just don't like Pies or Cats mids, there's too many good ones. At Collingwood, it was Steele's turn with a 66 last round. Ablett went 63 in Round 2 (I know he's mostly forward) but just a lot of points to share around between the Cats (Danger, Selwood, Duncan, Kelly, Menegola, Ablett). Add in Dahl and Constable, it's a pretty stacked midfield.

Someone like Neale or Cripps on the other hand, have very little to contend with. Would love if Neale cops some tags soon, because Lyons/Zorko don't seem to be doing anything to take his Supercoach points away from him.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Think I'm going to back Heeney in for both comps, do the same with Dunkley in SC and possibly DT.

With Ridley missing, I'm wondering if I cash him in for a top dollar player like Rozee and get 40k from it or if I go much cheaper and go Burgess and free up 113k from that move.

If I go Rozee, then I can swing Dunkley into the backline and move him to Lloyd this week or give it a week and grab Milera (or someone along those lines) next week and move Witherden up with the other trade.

If I go Burgess, I have enough cash to turn Witherden into Lloyd this week and 20k pocket to help fund a Dunkley trade if need be the following week.

Must say, I'm tempted to go Burgess given it seems like he'll play and I'm not sure Rozee will really hurt me scoring wise - happy to be convinced otherwise.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I've narrowed my trade plan to one of two things after teams (and after I got caught playing golf and totally whiffed on Kelly/Dahlhaus as options!).

Either...

Heeney & Zorko > Lloyd and Rockliff

or

Heeney & Hore > Daniel and Rozee.

Personally I'm leaning towards option two but would love others thoughts if they get a chance. I like Daniel and the punt on him, Zorko to Rockliff feels awfully sideways just to fund the Heeney to Lloyd move, though I do really like that upgrade. I like Rozee and how he looks and the DPP is useful (not great as Moore is already back for me). Clark's score is neither here nor there so losing the loop not a big deal right now.

Really struggling with this one to be honest

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first option is solid as a premo adjustment move and looks great on paper. You’ve highlighted the obvious risks.

I like the second as well mainly because I’m likely to do the same trades (although leaning Worpel over Daniel). Just gotta decide whether to leave Hore alone and take Clark’s score.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th