CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2018 AFL Free Agency/Draft/List Changes

I like Newman.

Lots of talk we will trade Pick 1 still, would have to be a bloody good deal lol
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hopefully Newman is moved onto a wing.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Hopefully Newman is moved onto a wing.
    Might well be with Doc returning, hopefully Williamson fixed by fitness guru Russell haha
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Trade table updated, all trades can be found on the final post on page 1.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now it's time to wade through all the changes and work out where the fantasy value might be.

6. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steer clear of Pies mids you'd think. Not sure who steps into Brisbane's engine room. I'll have to pick Fyfe now, Ross has to play him 100% midfield? I like Hall at North but probably falls short of premium numbers.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neale should basically replace Beams one for one. Think Collins has to be considered a likely lock at GC, although it depends a little on his role with Hombsch there too now. Weiderman might be a thought taking over Hogan's spot, although his scoring late last season might've ruined his price for next year.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    I like Newman.

Lots of talk we will trade Pick 1 still, would have to be a bloody good deal lol
    Port or Adelaide would likely be the only suitors and I don't see Adelaide and Carlton being able to come to an agreement so it comes down to how much Port want to leap frog GC. Still think Carlton will ask for too much for it to be worth it to anyone to trade for.

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Am I reading this correct?

Pick 41 + 44 = 774
    Pick 18 less 20% = 788

Pick 51 + 57 = 441
    Pick 33 less 20% = 450

So we traded Beams for our 2019 1st Round Pick.
    - twitter @mammes

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite interesting trade period.

I am relieved WCE didn't end up folding to Geelong's stance of 20,22 and Future 1st for Kelly, i think that is just a long way overs for a player that isn't exactly a missing piece of the puzzle for us. I know i have a biased opinion, but i even thought 20,22 and future 2nd was considerable overs for a mature age recruit who has just had 1 good year. The amount of mature age players (Nic Newmna, Marcus Adams) that have good 1st years and then struggle to maintain is quite high, so i was pretty worried about us giving up a lot for him.

Props to Geelong for sticking to their guns though they must have hope for retaining him, i thought for sure they would flinch at the close ala Weller for Pick 2 last year and get a deal done.

If Hogan has a great pre-season i may look to start him again, he started this year well before injury and i think he will get stints in the Freo midfield as well, as they are pretty light on big bodies in there. Even if he doesn't i think hogan will be the one that leads up the ground and Lobb is the forward that camps in the 50.
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by favourites View Post

Pick 41 + 44 = 774
    Pick 18 less 20% = 788

Pick 51 + 57 = 441
    Pick 33 less 20% = 450

Yep, that's the way I read it.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by favourites View Post

Pick 41 + 44 = 774
    Pick 18 less 20% = 788

Pick 51 + 57 = 441
    Pick 33 less 20% = 450

Close but not quite, depending on when bids come for Quaynor and Kelly.

Pick 18 is worth 985 points, so it would have covered a bid from 13 onwards for Quaynor (I'm assuming he gets bid on first). Now, if Quaynor is bid on at 13, it'll cost (1212*0.8) 970 points, which will use up 41, 44 and 51 (1033pts), and give you back pick 68.

Of course, if a bid comes after 18, then you have given up a first round pick this year that you could've otherwise drafted in.

Basically the best case scenario is the bid coming at pick 17 which is (1025*.8) 820 points. You'll still need 41,44 and 51 to cover it but then you'd get back pick 55.

Additionally, you also gave up pick 56, which might result in you going into a pick deficit next year, depending on when the bid comes in for Kelly.

14. Likes favourites liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Lobb, 14, 43,47 to Fremantle for 11, 19
    geez that's cheap for Lobb
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wish GWS drafted more SA based talent so we could have got in on the freebees.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Quite interesting trade period.

I am relieved WCE didn't end up folding to Geelong's stance of 20,22 and Future 1st for Kelly, i think that is just a long way overs for a player that isn't exactly a missing piece of the puzzle for us. I know i have a biased opinion, but i even thought 20,22 and future 2nd was considerable overs for a mature age recruit who has just had 1 good year. The amount of mature age players (Nic Newmna, Marcus Adams) that have good 1st years and then struggle to maintain is quite high, so i was pretty worried about us giving up a lot for him.

Props to Geelong for sticking to their guns though they must have hope for retaining him, i thought for sure they would flinch at the close ala Weller for Pick 2 last year and get a deal done.

If Hogan has a great pre-season i may look to start him again, he started this year well before injury and i think he will get stints in the Freo midfield as well, as they are pretty light on big bodies in there. Even if he doesn't i think hogan will be the one that leads up the ground and Lobb is the forward that camps in the 50.
    I have zero interest in Freo forwards because their midfield is basically Fyfe for half a season and some kids who look good long term but not ready at all. Hard to see them not getting absolutely smashed all year, I mean they got smashed with Neale and they've traded him for guys who wont help there.

Shiel and Neale probably the two most relevant as potential premiums, reckon Shiel get's a full time gig at Essendon instead of always being a bit peripheral at GWS. Neale should basically just be what he is with some more support around him, basically should score like Beams did to close the season only has durability on his side.

Whoever is the ruckman for GWS is going to be a fantasy option, probably Simpson by default at this point?

Wingard a very interesting one, if Hawks get him right then he can go huge, role a big factor as well.

Newman is a slut who probably is in their midfield proper barring big improvements from some of the kids, be interesting to see where he's used though, but scoring potential is massive.

Thurlow/Clarke probably fighting for a spot off half back for the Swans, don't really rate either for various reasons but never know. Also have to think that Mills or Heeney has to go full time midfield with Hanners not there wasting a spot anymore.

Burton will be very cheap, be interesting to see how Port use him and whether he is more the player he was his first year or the trash player of this year, though did finish a bit better at least.

Scully will be cheap, not sure he's premium capable, not sure he'll even play based on some of the media but worth watching. Hanners also worth following on the preseason, Richo ****ing froth's on midfielders who can't kick so Hanners is basically his wet dream so if he's fit his midfield role will be perfect.

Hall is going to be dirt cheap and can score, reckon he needs to get FWD status though to be really relevant.

If Lynch can get his body right then he's a top tier option.

Conca playing midfield for Freo will be trash but he might score well on the back of tackles and that someone has to get the ball.

Pittard at least worth watching at North also given scoring history.

Plenty of guys to watch basically, not sure anyone is a slam dunk though at this point, no ruckman or anything like that improving their spot. Preuss and Lycett actually worsened their stock somehow... (Ryder is healthier than NicNat at this point...)
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

18. Likes Athomas liked this post