Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 20-23 Trades

Still 2 in both comps although SC has my focus at the moment as I want to win the work league (into the granny for the draft ) and I could probably do with another 4 trades on top of that.

Still running Howe and Doedee in the backline (Austin/Lynch as the bench), Martin the rucks who shouldn't be a problem but Grundy exists and I've got Walters in the forward line who I imagine I'll need to burn a trade on. Midfield could do with a touch up with Parker/Martin but I'm going to have to have to live with them. Have 260k in hand so I can go hard with my final two trades, assuming Walters is out, I'll look to move him to either Menegola or McDonald as they're the best 2 averaging players I don't own although Dunkley is killing it at the moment b ut 21k more expensive than Menegola.

From there it's tougher, would like to wait a week so I've got a trade in hand if I make it to the grand final but I obviously want to make it there in the first place. I imagine I move Doedee ahead of Howe (although with the Collingwood KP defenders going down, worry he'll have to play more defensive) yet by moving Doedee I fall 26k short of Lloyd who is the clear option with the next best 2 being McDonald/Hurn. Moving Howe makes that possible. I'm $800 short of going Martin > Grundy with the second trade with Menegola.

So if I go cheaper than Menegola, say Wingard - I can then move Martin to Grundy but still short Doedee to Lloyd. Getting McDonald then makes Lloyd an option for Doedee.

Tempted to just move Walters this week and test my luck in making it to the grand final and then using the trade to cover someone potentially not playing the following week, would be tempted to go Dunkley and worry about what move I make the following week as my bench scorers are poor and I don't want to have to play any of them if it can be avoided.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS knew this would happen now, been holding 2 trades in rdt for a few weeks for injuries, nothing happens so decide to use them upgrading mids last round and now.

Huge blow for @melbournefc with star forward Jesse Hogan ruled out for the season with a stress fracture in his foot. More on @FOXSportsNews at 12pm
    Last edited by Elvs1; 14th August 2018 at 12:53 PM.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hogan and Walters in SC with 0 trades. Rip.

Can trade Hoges in DT. But I imagine his value has died by now.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only ended up going Stef to Grundy. Kept Duman for another week to cash in the extra price rise.
    At this stage I'm going Duman and Pendlebury for Crisp and Macrae. Will leave me 1 trade for the last week.
    Walters out means I switch Ahern to forward to cover there, and have Sier to cover mid, and Lienert to cover backs. Unless the plague hits, I should be solid for rd 23 with only 1 trade.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    Only ended up going Stef to Grundy. Kept Duman for another week to cash in the extra price rise.
    At this stage I'm going Duman and Pendlebury for Crisp and Macrae. Will leave me 1 trade for the last week.
    Walters out means I switch Ahern to forward to cover there, and have Sier to cover mid, and Lienert to cover backs. Unless the plague hits, I should be solid for rd 23 with only 1 trade.
    Wouldn't you be better trading Walters than a small upgrade from Pendles to Macrae?

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Wouldn't you be better trading Walters than a small upgrade from Pendles to Macrae?
    I was already running one of Petracca/Walters/Buddy on my bench, so it just locks me into playing those 2.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

7. Likes Nothing liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    FFS knew this would happen now, been holding 2 trades in rdt for a few weeks for injuries, nothing happens so decide to use them upgrading mids last round and now.
    Upgraded Hogan instead of Franklin 2 weeks ago, #winning for my trading challenge team which is my only team still alive really at this point.

That sucks for you though, you could have made good money betting on it happening though, although the odds might have been too short!

My FFC RDT though is cooked with Walters and Hogan, I have two trades but only 30k and those two have been so bad lately that they're worthless. Luckily I stopped caring about this side about 3 months ago
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a chance Walters plays, according to the Freo injury report it was a butt injury not a hammy.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know there was some talk of Sicily getting back early but I watched the Haw medical report video and they're adamant he won't be back before the finals.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Josh Kelly ruled out for this week.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Yeah, those teams were brutal for me.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might use my final trade on Kelly this week to save playing Spargo/Ahern. The bye round before finals makes me feel a lot more confident going into round 23 than a couple of years ago.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rocky out for Port with a shoulder inj.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Soooo.... What a year... I am going to finish the year with 1 spare trade and having only 1 zero for whole year.

Final rank looks to be top 3.5k so not a bad year considering I had no time

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got some big games this weekend for my league GF in DT and SC.

For DT, playing for a signed footy by the Crows captain and coach, team differences are as following -

Me v him

Merrett v Heppell
    Westhoff v Menegola
    Hurley v Hurn
    Dangerfield v Martin
    Ablett v Neale
    Mundy v Dunkley
    Pendlebury (Dunkley) v Kelly (he has Kelly on bench, going to assume he benches Pendles for him)

Feel like I'm a little behind in this match up. Hurley is probably the one I'd like to move the most but given I already own Yeo, Brayshaw, Lloyd, Laird and Simpson, the next best option is Hurn who I'm not keen to jump on or Crisp who has been pretty up and down. I also have Seedsman sitting on the bench as another potential choice here given he scored 102 on the weekend and comes up against Carlton. Thinking I can probably do better with that trade elsewhere so kind of is Hurley v Seedsman on the field... Hurley has x 2 100+ scores this year in rounds 4/5 (131 against Port) whilst Seeds has 4 100+ scores.

Hurley has x7 scores under 80, 4 in the last 5 weeks whilst Seedsman has 8 scores under 80. The weekend's match was the first time Seeds scored over 80 (102) in 7 games (excluding the injury game).

As for my trade, I'm considering moving Pendlebury to Dunkley. Pendles has a last 3/5 game average of 78.3/94.4 vs Dunkley at 118.3/115.

Finally, thinking I might go Grundy as captain ahead of Mitchell as another point of difference. Mitchell in his x3 games against Sydney has gone 58, 94 and 108 with the 58 coming this year. Whereas the rucks going up against Freo have gone 109 (Abbott), 103 (Lobbe), 103 (Lycett), 80 (Ceglar), 99 (Bellchambers) which are all pretty high scores for guys that aren't really known for averaging high numbers.

--------------------------------------------

SC work league GF also on the line. I've been with Walters, Doedee and Howe still not returning. x2 trades remaining and 260k in the bank, ideally I'd go Walters > Dunkley and Howe > Lloyd but fall about 3k short of that. The backline options after Lloyd are terrible so I'm thinking Menegola and Lloyd. Kind of wanted to go against Lloyd for another POD but I'm thinking it's probably a good one to cancel out.

Me v Him

McLean v Hawkins
    Walters (Menegola) v Robinson
    Pendlebury v Macrae
    Austin v Short
    Howe (Lloyd) v Lloyd
    Martin v Grundy
    Heeney v Breust
    Oliver v Whitfield
    Kelly v Higgins

Hopefully I can win at least one of these two match ups so I've got something to walk away with!