Important News


User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Round 17

  1. #1
    Super Moderator divvydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Posts
    13,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Round 17

    Another Thursday night game means a couple of early teams.

    ADELAIDE CROWS
    B Kyle Hartigan, Daniel Talia, Luke Brown
    HB Rory Laird, Kyle Cheney, Wayne Milera
    C Jake Kelly, Rory Sloane, Paul Seedsman
    HF Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Jordan Gallucci
    F Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Hugh Greenwood
    FOL Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Bryce Gibbs
    I/C Riley Knight, Rory Atkins, Tom Doedee, Lachlan Murphy

    EMG Myles Poholke, Sam Gibson, Darcy Fogarty, Alex Keath

    IN Eddie Betts, Riley Knight, Rory Atkins, Lachlan Murphy
    OUT Curtly Hampton (Omitted), Myles Poholke (Omitted), Richard Douglas (Injured), Darcy Fogarty (Omitted)


    GEELONG CATS
    B Tom Stewart, Jake Kolodjashnij, Zach Tuohy
    HB Jed Bews, Mark Blicavs, Cameron Guthrie
    C Mitch Duncan, Joel Selwood, Scott Selwood
    HF Gary Ablett, Wylie Buzza, Jamaine Jones
    F Quinton Narkle, Tom Hawkins, Daniel Menzel
    FOL Rhys Stanley, Patrick Dangerfield, Tim Kelly
    I/C Jack Henry, Sam Menegola, Brandan Parfitt, Sam Simpson

    EMG Ryan Abbott, Jordan Cunico, James Parsons, Jackson Thurlow

    IN Wylie Buzza, Daniel Menzel, Sam Simpson
    OUT Lachie Fogarty (Injured), Harry Taylor (Injured), Jordan Murdoch (Injured)

  2. Likes Athomas liked this post
  3. #2
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    21,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Round 17

    Well I'm just shocked that Hampton was dropped, I thought his insipid effort last week would get him another game for sure /sarcasm

    The Lachlan Murphy rollercoaster boards again, to be fair more of one of those under 6 year old "roller coasters" at a fair than a real rollercoaster but it's boarding again guys!
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  4. #3
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Laird's 122 going to make a very tough decision in RDT with Mitchell going anywhere between 80-180. Had 149 against Brisbane earlier in the year and his 3 scores at UTAS this year have been 147, 145 and 84 (most recent). 125, 132, 134 and 118 last year. Think I'll go with Mitchell and hope he goes nuts.

    Your boy went alright tonight @Big Sledge #32

  5. #4
    FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Posts
    4,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Laird's 122 going to make a very tough decision in RDT with Mitchell going anywhere between 80-180. Had 149 against Brisbane earlier in the year and his 3 scores at UTAS this year have been 147, 145 and 84 (most recent). 125, 132, 134 and 118 last year. Think I'll go with Mitchell and hope he goes nuts.

    Your boy went alright tonight @Big Sledge #32
    I had Bryce who at least made it an easy decision.

  6. #5
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    21,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Round 17

    Reckon you have to go Mitchell against that score, I always liked the "bank it below average" rule and it's not below his average, Mitchell has been remarkably inconsistent this year, he has only 2 scores near his actual average then 5 scores that are basically 30+ below and 8 scores that are basically 20+ more (2 of those are 15-20 but most are 25+).

    Only reason to take that would be to play it safe if you were already in a great position which basically none of us are, we're all chasing something.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  7. #6
    FFC Senior Coach Elvs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    3,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I had Bryce who at least made it an easy decision.
    Hopefully he never plays decoy forward again.

  8. #7
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    16,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Your boy went alright tonight @Big Sledge #32
    I stand by the fact that he needed to be dropped at the time, he wasn't contributing anything for about a month+ at AFL level. But 3 goals is a really good result for a small forward so I hope that he builds on this. I don't expect that every week, but he just can't go completely missing like he did in the past.

    I really liked Gallucci's game as well. It shouldn't be surprising that the kids started to go well once we had more talent back in the team.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only


    #AgentOfChaos

  9. #8
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    I stand by the fact that he needed to be dropped at the time, he wasn't contributing anything for about a month+ at AFL level. But 3 goals is a really good result for a small forward so I hope that he builds on this. I don't expect that every week, but he just can't go completely missing like he did in the past.

    I really liked Gallucci's game as well. It shouldn't be surprising that the kids started to go well once we had more talent back in the team.
    Can't quite sell myself on Gallucci yet but what I like about him, Murphy and Betts is we suddenly get a shitload of forward pressure which we otherwise lack. Betts creates so many more opportunities just from his attack and harass whilst these guys have some speed and will to chase it to do the same. Murphy has an alright kick and speed compared to Poholke who's only positive is he can take an alright mark, neither get much of it but I've seen nothing from Poholke so far to suggest he's worth persisting with at the moment.

  10. #9
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    16,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Can't quite sell myself on Gallucci yet but what I like about him, Murphy and Betts is we suddenly get a shitload of forward pressure which we otherwise lack. Betts creates so many more opportunities just from his attack and harass whilst these guys have some speed and will to chase it to do the same. Murphy has an alright kick and speed compared to Poholke who's only positive is he can take an alright mark, neither get much of it but I've seen nothing from Poholke so far to suggest he's worth persisting with at the moment.
    I'm not a fan of Poholke at this stage of his development. Seems to lack any trait that could be pointed at as above average. Which has me thinking he'll have a great SANFL/VFL career but not an AFL one.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only


    #AgentOfChaos

  11. #10
    FFC Midpricer scrotumscragger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    south fremantle
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    FM Curnow- delivered SFA since the bye.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

  12. #11
    FFC Midpricer scrotumscragger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    south fremantle
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by scrotumscragger View Post
    FM Curnow- delivered SFA since the bye.
    nothing like a well timed spray to spur a player into action
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

  13. #12
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Yeah, don't get me started on Robbie Gray!

  14. #13
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by scrotumscragger View Post
    FM Curnow- delivered SFA since the bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrotumscragger View Post
    nothing like a well timed spray to spur a player into action


    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Yeah, don't get me started on Robbie Gray!
    Well that certainly didn't work the way I intended it to...

  15. Likes scrotumscragger liked this post
  16. #14
    FFC Midpricer scrotumscragger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    south fremantle
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 17

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Well that certainly didn't work the way I intended it to...
    need to have a good sense of ironic humour to enjoy playing this game
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •