Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 16 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    Reckon Higgins is a good left field option for Fyfe, might not have the ceiling as some but he's been pretty good at hitting 110+ lately.
    It feels like he should be getting a hard tag real soon was the gut feeling I got when I saw his name in the top 5 over last 3/5 rounds.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    It feels like he should be getting a hard tag real soon was the gut feeling I got when I saw his name in the top 5 over last 3/5 rounds.
    That's my worry too, with GCS (Miller) and Swans (Hewett) next 2 games.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll cop a doughnut if Spargo or Smith aren't named for Melbourne, so need to find a replacement for Heeney.

Langdon looks like finishing as a top 8 forward and shapes as an interesting unique. Would any of the freo supporters have any thoughts about how he'll go with Fyfe out?

Menegola's the most obvious replacement and cant see how Scooter's inclusion would necessarily affect Menegola's scoring, as Scooter plays predominately on the inside whereas Menegola seems to have more of an outside role. If anything, Scooter's ability to extract the ball could boost Menegola's scoring
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrotumscragger View Post
    I'll cop a doughnut if Spargo or Smith aren't named for Melbourne, so need to find a replacement for Heeney.

Langdon looks like finishing as a top 8 forward and shapes as an interesting unique. Would any of the freo supporters have any thoughts about how he'll go with Fyfe out?

Menegola's the most obvious replacement and cant see how Scooter's inclusion would necessarily affect Menegola's scoring, as Scooter plays predominately on the inside whereas Menegola seems to have more of an outside role. If anything, Scooter's ability to extract the ball could boost Menegola's scoring
    The loss of Fyfe will impact Freo's ball winning (along with the loss of Sandi and Blakely), which may have a knock on effect to Langdon. The likely inclusion of Brad Hill could have an impact too, as they are both running wingers.

IMO, rather than trading Heeney, I'd be looking to trade in cover, if possible. Can you flip a Sicily (or Tmac forward) and get an extra defender on field?

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought i could just play Battle for Heeney, but apparently he's injured too...so now i'm praying for Ahern or Spargo to be named.
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    The loss of Fyfe will impact Freo's ball winning (along with the loss of Sandi and Blakely), which may have a knock on effect to Langdon. The likely inclusion of Brad Hill could have an impact too, as they are both running wingers.

IMO, rather than trading Heeney, I'd be looking to trade in cover, if possible. Can you flip a Sicily (or Tmac forward) and get an extra defender on field?
    Cheers Nothing- appreciate the advice.

Dont have in the forwards a d/f link to shift Sciliy, so I need to upgrade a rookie in the forwards for cover. With the cash I have available, I could move Spargo on for someone around 394K, but no one really appeals in those price ranges. Guess I could bring Ahern in if named, but JS is poor and he's also unappealing. I'm about 10k short of trading Hunter for Petracca in the mids, which is annoying as that would be a handy cover option at this time of the year. I could downgrade a rookie and bring robbo in for m/f cover, but using two trades for cover seems slightly excessive. Hopefully Spargo gets named as none of my options seem solid.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Spargo would have to be a chance given how insipid Melbourne’s last fortnight has been.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any of Spargo, Ahern or Smith play and I'm right for Heeney cover. If none of them play I'm up shit creek without a paddle.

Still undecided on my Fyfe trade.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was looking down the list of options and im actually entertaining Fyfe to Brayshaw now. Main reason is my 4 trades left and 60k bank, moving Fyfe leaves me with a pretty risky 3 trades remaining and back cover of Mihocek and Joel Smith. Brayshaw gives me a link with Smith so I get reliable back cover, plus its a 150k downgrade giving me a 210k bank. Thats enough cash that my 3 remaining trades can be used for good injury sideways without needing to do another downgrade. Still holding Fritsch too, so can always move him to a proper mid premo later on and move Brayshaw to bench cover for good.

Not sure its worth it over just getting Gaff, but an injury in my backs could wreck my season. Gotta think about winning my cash league now.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LB: If Jack (Macrae) gets through training, he will play. Thursday will be a significant session so we will anticipate he will get through and play. #WBMedia
    Could make a good trade in a couple of weeks after his b/e drops and had some game time to get back to the same scoring for those with trades in hand.
    Has a b/e of 213 in rdt and 230 in sc, after 2 games should drop to under 700k in rdt and $550k in sc.
    Last edited by Elvs1; 10th July 2018 at 04:29 PM.

11. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bont out for 2-3 weeks

Marcus Bontempelli has been ruled out of this Saturday’s match against @melbournefc after having his appendix removed. MORE | http://bit.ly/2N7UMPR
    Depending on teams but might just play Ahern.