Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Re: Round 13 Trades

Itís actually tough this week. Not many rookies on the bubble you can take into the last bye round as they have the bye and lots of teams are light on round 14 players as it is.

Just thinking of 1 trade in SC i think. Traded in Walters two weeks ago so loathed to flick him this week. Might be forced though given I only have 16 before trades (assuming Laird plays).
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weighing up doing Fritsch to the Hoff at the moment. Fritsch has been scoring better than Hoff over the last 5 funnily enough, but im not sure how long he can keep this up and its currently only a 70k upgrade. Extra player on field this week which is handy too.

Also looking at bringing in some guy by the name of Jake Brown for Guelfi. Basically he is a 102k M/F, the Hoff trade moves Lambert to my bench post byes so I need a rookie that can swing and be my loop. Risk is bringing in a dead player gives me only 18 on field next week, but I want to have three trades ready next week for Higgins to Ahern, Holman to Kelly and Richards to Andrews, completing my side.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Looking to bring Yeo in down back for Guelfi.

Will probably grab Giro as the r14 bye is a non-issue for me in the mids next week and he's scoring well.

Will leave my team needing one back (Hurley next week) and one mid to "finish" it, as such I'm tempted to go Goldy to Kreuzer this week as a risky punt move with my extra trade. Also have Gray who is probably low end F6 material if his role doesn't change.

Other option is to jump early on someone like Ahern.

Will probably have Fritsch at F7, Austin at D7 and nothing in the mids (but can use Fritsch to cover there also) so depth is surprisingly good also.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW I see both Giro and Apeness as pretty good downgrade targets this week if you need one. Sandilands should be back this week so if Apeness is named alongside him I think his spot is pretty safe in the team as long as he is playing well. Has had really shit luck with injuries over the years though.... so there also that. Giro lacks height and size but looks a really smart footballer with good disposal, Ross will keep playing the kids this year so I think he'll get a good crack at it as well as long he keeps playing like he did on the weekend.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Giro was impressive, small but a lot to like about the way he plays. 102k price is extra appealing, shame he isnt M/F though!
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big O has maxed out and is no use to me this or next week (NN and Gawn on the ground in Rd 14) so my downgrade is BigO to Olango for C loops for the balance of the season. Not sure on the upgrades. Thinking Walters to Gaff and Petracca to Gray/Hoff. Sideways city.

Phillips to Ahern and Doedee to Oliver/Treloar in Rd 14. Pies have got the holy trinity of Carl/GC/Ess coming up so Treloar could make a nice little pig of himself. Tempted by de Goey for the same reason.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ahern early seems to make sense to me
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon Brodie (SC) could be worthwhile. Should play both byes, has Saints this week then Hawks. GC got a lot of midfield injuries, not even bringing Barlow or Lyons back.

I'll be jumping on Hoff too, really have to shore up for next week's bye round.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

JJK could be a bit of outside move at 397k with Darling out for a minimum 3 games.

I think I'll end up having to trade Walters as well after just bringing him in..
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    JJK could be a bit of outside move at 397k with Darling out for a minimum 3 games.

I think I'll end up having to trade Walters as well after just bringing him in..
    I was always planning a straight swap of Fritsch to JJK this round. Walters throws a bit of a spanner in those plans, although I could still use him for that trade.

Having Sydney this week is not ideal. His highest score on the SCG is 89 and most recent 68. But then he has Essendon at Optus, so the two probably balance each other out. I don't mind him as an F7 if you have the ability to loop and take the big scores when he kicks a bag.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    I reckon Brodie (SC) could be worthwhile. Should play both byes, has Saints this week then Hawks. GC got a lot of midfield injuries, not even bringing Barlow or Lyons back.

I'll be jumping on Hoff too, really have to shore up for next week's bye round.
    Yep Brodie is my rookie target in SC, pity he's so expensive in RDT and AF.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    I was always planning a straight swap of Fritsch to JJK this round. Walters throws a bit of a spanner in those plans, although I could still use him for that trade.

Having Sydney this week is not ideal. His highest score on the SCG is 89 and most recent 68. But then he has Essendon at Optus, so the two probably balance each other out. I don't mind him as an F7 if you have the ability to loop and take the big scores when he kicks a bag.
    Yeah im looking a JJK for the same reason, he would be my F7 and would be hopefully looping with Lambert each week. Fritsch has been so damn consistently good though, its hard to move him on.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Big O has maxed out and is no use to me this or next week (NN and Gawn on the ground in Rd 14) so my downgrade is BigO to Olango for C loops for the balance of the season. Not sure on the upgrades. Thinking Walters to Gaff and Petracca to Gray/Hoff. Sideways city.

Phillips to Ahern and Doedee to Oliver/Treloar in Rd 14. Pies have got the holy trinity of Carl/GC/Ess coming up so Treloar could make a nice little pig of himself. Tempted by de Goey for the same reason.
    Probably worth checking that Olango is still the best option for this, I know he was at round 1 but Eagles have already had a fair few Sunday games so it's possible someone else is a better play.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Probably worth checking that Olango is still the best option for this, I know he was at round 1 but Eagles have already had a fair few Sunday games so it's possible someone else is a better play.
    WC are still a good option with 6 Sunday games. They have a Friday and a Thursday coming up but that has no impact with the byes giving you other donut options. Nth and Freo are the other good options with 6 Sunday games but have more games earlier than Sat night compared to WC.

EDIT - I should also add that I have Nic Nat so the handcuff works well
    Last edited by Wheedus; 14th June 2018 at 09:10 AM.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th