Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 12 Trades

Does sound like Dusty is likely to be back the following round.

TIGERS 'CONFIDENT' MARTIN WILL TAKE ON CATS

RICHMOND says it is “pretty confident” Dustin Martin will be fit to return for their clash with Geelong next week after it was revealed he is headed to New Zealand instead of Adelaide today.

The 2017 Brownlow Medal winner is going to visit father Shane after being ruled out of the Tigers’ clash with Port Adelaide tomorrow night with calf soreness.

“He’s had a little bit of trouble with his calf and he got a bit worse on the weekend,” Richmond football boss Neil Balme said.

“We were a bit concerned about him hurting it more so thought he better not play this week.

“There’s no certainty’s around injury obviously but we’re pretty certain he’ll be right for next week. We’re pretty confident that he’ll be right. It’s not a terrible injury, he’s just pretty sore and he’s been carrying it for a bit and we felt we need to give him a chance to overcome it.”

Balme said Richmond had a number of possible replacements but Daniel Rioli looked like he would have to wait another week to play his first AFL game of the year.

“With Daniel particularly he’s only had a five-day break recovery from VFL game to this game so that’s something else to be taken into account,” Balme said on SEN radio.

“We’re very keen to play him, (but) I’m not sure that will happen as yet. He’s not far off though.”

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also this quote on the AFL website article:

"He was worse after last week's game," Balme said as the team prepared to depart Melbourne."It hasn't really affected him in games, it's just a bit sore afterwards, so we were a bit concerned it might turn into something more serious.
    "There's no certainty in injuries, but we're pretty sure he'll play next week.
    "We thought we needed to give him a week off to make sure it doesn't get worse.
    "The docs, physios and conditioning blokes reckon it should be a week so that's what we're planning for, but given the fact there's a bye after next week, we're not going to be too worried about it. "
    That last line is interesting, reads to me that they expect him to be available but if he isnt then it doesnt matter because the bye gives him a really good break.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gives me a good excuse to trade his ass, in RDT anyway. SC he's been a little better but not by much, if this injury lingers which calf injuries can I can't see his midfield output increasing anytime soon with how well the tigers midfield is doing without him in there.

Last 5 rounds

DT - 77.8ppg
    SC - 88.8ppg

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it Touk time?
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

5. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can hear the train leaving the station, TOUK TOUK

The 60k saved over options like Treloar, TMac and Kelly is actually looking useful for next week too...
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe Jack Billings has been dropped at St Kilda ahead of Saturday's game against Sydney. Big statement from Alan Richardson.

@FOXFootyLive

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Davies for Crows to make his debut.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    Ben Davies for Crows to make his debut.
    Wilson instead?

10. Likes Elvs1 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Gives me a good excuse to trade his ass, in RDT anyway. SC he's been a little better but not by much, if this injury lingers which calf injuries can I can't see his midfield output increasing anytime soon with how well the tigers midfield is doing without him in there.

Last 5 rounds

DT - 77.8ppg
    SC - 88.8ppg
    I want to trade him but my big fear is that he's been playing hurt and will come back post bye with monster scoring again. Similar to dumping Fyfe last year...
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I want to trade him but my big fear is that he's been playing hurt and will come back post bye with monster scoring again. Similar to dumping Fyfe last year...
    That's what I'm thinking as well, you would also think Richmond are going to want Dusty playing mid field come finals so at some point he needs to start playing there.
    If you knew 100% if he was playing or not playing next week would make the decision so much easier.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah im leaning towards keeping Dusty, even though I expect him to miss next week. Im currently short one R13 mid anyway, so Dusty missing doesnt affect me there. And if he does have this mini break and get over his injury issue, he could be a must have again. Also im not flushed with as many trades as I thought I was.

Most my trade scenarios have involved moving Spargo on, which has made moving Smith on instead pretty tempting considering they are only 50k apart in price. Still not sure on that, Spargo being DPP is much more useful to have sitting at the F8 spot than Smith.

Main thing is I need a back this week and it has to be a R13 back. Crisp, Brayshaw, TMac and Andrews are the guys im looking at. I think im letting Brayshaw go, he is in red hot form right now but still not scoring massively - but the main thing is still the concussion risk. TMac is also in red hot form, but he did this last year having a month stretch where he was kicking big bags and marking everything - so im a little sceptical this is just another form patch and we are buying high. Crisp falls in the same boat but given the Pies style of play he seems like a pretty safe bet.

Harris Andrews is the guy that has gotten absolutely no talk. He has averaged 101 over his last 8 games now, one 130, two 80s and everything else between 91 and 115. Think he has been a big beneficiary of Fagans game plan, the stability of the back six with Hodge now and also just natural improvement. Seems Rance like in that his ratio saves some games and causes some decent DT scores to be huge SC scores. Games this year of 44/91, 68/101, 79/130, 84/115. He hasnt shown premium level scoring before and its generally come down to the fact that he is getting more possessions, so that seems to be a sustainable game style thing. 8 round of consistent output is a decent sample size now.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking as well, you would also think Richmond are going to want Dusty playing mid field come finals so at some point he needs to start playing there.
    If you knew 100% if he was playing or not playing next week would make the decision so much easier.
    Of course the counter point is that he is so freaking cheap right now that you can give him a couple of weeks after the bye to prove it and then bring him back in if he really has been hampered all season.

I'd be genuinely surprised if he played next week if it's really a calf but I guess I'm even more surprised they'd let him fly if he has a calf issue so not sure I really believe them.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep thats the thing, was looking at it and by the time the byes are over you will likely be able to straight swap Holman to Dusty. Holman is 340k with a -6 BE while Dusty is 480k so the prices could line up.

Looking at it now, im liking trading Dusty to Mitch Duncan. Another guy who has gone completely under the radar, averaged 110 last year and is averaging 109 this year. 5 round average of 118 and is good value still at 560.
    Only ever talking SC

16. Likes Crow-mo, Narkee, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Harris Andrews is the guy that has gotten absolutely no talk. He has averaged 101 over his last 8 games now, one 130, two 80s and everything else between 91 and 115. Think he has been a big beneficiary of Fagans game plan, the stability of the back six with Hodge now and also just natural improvement. Seems Rance like in that his ratio saves some games and causes some decent DT scores to be huge SC scores. Games this year of 44/91, 68/101, 79/130, 84/115. He hasnt shown premium level scoring before and its generally come down to the fact that he is getting more possessions, so that seems to be a sustainable game style thing. 8 round of consistent output is a decent sample size now.
    Golden ticket level ratio right there! I haven't seen him play so can only assume that most of the marks are contested intercepts, which as we know is SC gold. At 200+ cm I guess that makes some sense and make me think he's channeling Jake Carlisle at his peak. If that is the case, I'd be concerned he won't be able to maintain the scoring, particularly through the depths of winter. I do like the idea of going for the POD picks and when I plug him into my trade plans (instead of TMcDonald), it essentially saves me a trade in completing my team.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might just trade Dusty to Phillips and see how long I can ride the wave for.

19. Likes Narkee, Wheedus liked this post