ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Finishing your team

I suspect most people on here are in a roughly similar position to me with plenty of trades left and only a handful of rookies left on field. This year more than ever, it seems there'll be a major surplus of trades in the bank for completed teams at the pointy end.

So that begs the question - what do "finished" teams start to look like? Is there less scope for accepting borderline premiums (say 100ppg in the midfield in RDT)? A necessity to have an extra premium/borderline premium on each line to cover the 1-2 week injuries (or loophole in SC)?

Do we need to look for the underpriced punts to slot into a D6 or 7, M8 or 9 sort of position? Or are we making that extra downgrade to force the Curnow types into our teams?
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Finishing your team

I currently have 15 trades left, with 2 rookies on the field. But I also have players like Savage and Petracca, who the intention would be to have them as B7 and F7/M9. Also a couple other guys who I could luxury upgrade later.
    Idea is to get Hurley in after his bye in forwards, and whatever mid gun I decide for the last spot. This should leave me with about 11 trades, which I usually like to keep about 6 or 7 for injury cover through finals etc, so I have about 4 trades to burn on luxuries.
    My current list means it makes a lot more sense for me to splash out on proper premiums.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Yeah I've got a ton of borderline "premiums" that need upgrading before I could call my team close to finished and I'd doubt I have enough cash cows to get there right now so going to need more of them. I think I'll be lucky to have 5 LTI trades left by round 15.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm way ahead compared to other years.
    Have 16 trades sc and 15 rdt left and 3 rookies on the field in both comps, only questionable premium is Petracca (sc) and Rocky (rdt).
    Also with the number of rookies that have been coming through and some really good ones, cash generation this year hasn't been too much of an issue especially in rdt.

Do agree with getting the best this year is going to very important given how advanced everyone's teams are.
    Think I'm more likely to try and get the top guys into my side before working a D7/M9 type.