Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 11 Trades

Also have 8 mids but looking at trading Rockliff in for the byes. Maybe get him next week if he has another good score and then trading out someone like Neale for his bye or Rocky after the byes once he's made some cash if he still doesn't look 100%. Seems a bit sideways though.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    My only query on Rocky is his role. Earlier in the season, he was playing a tagging role. What has changed at Port? Is SPP the primary tagger?
    Injured, unprepared for the season and just utterly crap. Watched him closely in a couple of games and he was just so far off the pace. It wasnít that he was stranded at FF or anything, just that he was running to the wrong spots, a step behind the pace of the game etc

Couple of weeks off, couple of games in the SANFL and heís looking good again.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Kelly > Smith switching Spargo MID will be how I do it. Opens up a M/F link for me during byes and allows me to keep the others for a bit longer.
    I traded Kelly for Dangerfield this week.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he was F/C, I'd be all over Rocky, but not just C. I already have Parker and Merrett who aren't performing consistently in the mid.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    My only query on Rocky is his role. Earlier in the season, he was playing a tagging role. What has changed at Port? Is SPP the primary tagger?
    A. Rockliff had no preseason and was rushed in before getting dropped to get fitness.

B. He played as a full time forward pocket with pretty much zero midfield time.

C. He's fit now though worth noting his durability record is absolutely terrible.

D. Gray and Wingard have played full time forward pocket the past two games instead and are much better forwards than Rockliff so as long as they're happy to sacrifice a bit in the midfield with Gray to gain a lot up forward there isn't a good reason for it to flip back. Rockliff is like a 9 in the midfield when fit and like a 6 up forward while Gray is more of a 9.5 and a 9.5, this is one of the few situations where I actually agree with the coaches move to put his best midfielder forward because the guy he's swapping with is almost as good and he's an elite forward (as much as I hate it for my SC!).

So yeah, everything that was wrong for Rockliff early has flipped and his scoring has supported that over the past couple. He's also a stupidly underrated kick of the footy who should get a SC boost by kicking to players not named Walker, Schache, Lester and you get it...

He's a really solid option, his durability is my biggest concern to be honest. He's basically the same pick Deledio was where the value and scoring history are outstanding and the durability is the obvious red flag, I'm not sure if his injuries being basically every body part once is better or worse than Deledio with always the same thing but the end result is the same...

For me Rockliff makes sense if you've got a couple of situations going... 1. You're in a stupidly strong place and can afford a luxury trade (huge bye value is a bonus) or 2. You're not going to finish your upgrades without finding some serious value along the way. If you are comfortable to keep getting "best option available" then Rocky is more of a gamble than anything, so I guess option 3 is if you like gambling!
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy to take Smith this week and get Walters (or maybe Hoff) in for TKelly. Like Wogi said in his team thread, there aren't many viable rookies on the horizon and cash will be king through the bye rounds.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone tell me how much Rocky will go up with a 100 at his current price of 375k? his BE is 25.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twarby View Post
    can someone tell me how much Rocky will go up with a 100 at his current price of 375k? his BE is 25.
    If his BE is 35 then magic number is currently 4790 so a 100 would see him at $401k

9. Likes twarby liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea what his price rise for 100 points in RDT would be? I miss FFGenie

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rossi View Post
    Any idea what his price rise for 100 points in RDT would be? I miss FFGenie
    BE is 28 so MN is 6373, 100 would make him $593k

12. Likes rossi liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What I really wanted to do this week in SC was English-Smith and Crowden-Walters. Sadly, I'm about $3-4k short of being able to do this. The alternatives are either Rocky in instead of Walters, or Higgins out instead of Crowden. If I keep Crowden this week, I still need to find a way to move him on in the next couple of weeks as he won't be any help through the byes. Rocky wouldn't be a starter until next week, where as Walters would start straight away so I'm leaning Walters at this stage.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    A. Rockliff had no preseason and was rushed in before getting dropped to get fitness.

B. He played as a full time forward pocket with pretty much zero midfield time.

C. He's fit now though worth noting his durability record is absolutely terrible.

D. Gray and Wingard have played full time forward pocket the past two games instead and are much better forwards than Rockliff so as long as they're happy to sacrifice a bit in the midfield with Gray to gain a lot up forward there isn't a good reason for it to flip back. Rockliff is like a 9 in the midfield when fit and like a 6 up forward while Gray is more of a 9.5 and a 9.5, this is one of the few situations where I actually agree with the coaches move to put his best midfielder forward because the guy he's swapping with is almost as good and he's an elite forward (as much as I hate it for my SC!).

So yeah, everything that was wrong for Rockliff early has flipped and his scoring has supported that over the past couple. He's also a stupidly underrated kick of the footy who should get a SC boost by kicking to players not named Walker, Schache, Lester and you get it...

He's a really solid option, his durability is my biggest concern to be honest. He's basically the same pick Deledio was where the value and scoring history are outstanding and the durability is the obvious red flag, I'm not sure if his injuries being basically every body part once is better or worse than Deledio with always the same thing but the end result is the same...

For me Rockliff makes sense if you've got a couple of situations going... 1. You're in a stupidly strong place and can afford a luxury trade (huge bye value is a bonus) or 2. You're not going to finish your upgrades without finding some serious value along the way. If you are comfortable to keep getting "best option available" then Rocky is more of a gamble than anything, so I guess option 3 is if you like gambling!
    Excellent post as usual Wogi.

For me, itís mainly about bye navigation and value. Itís also that I donít want to upgrade in the forwards where my rookies are scoring really well - and I donít want to upgrade in the backs due to the upgrade targetsí terrible bye rounds for my side.

Iíll either keep Rocky as M9 cover or trade him or a Parker-type underperformer to Danger after his bye.
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone is still holding Murray but heard a clip from a Bucks presser and he said he's been sent back to the vfl to find some form and hopefully will be back later in the year.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On the other hand, if you're still holding Naughton, there's a chance that he's available for selection this week and might be needed if Cordy misses with concussion.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    On the other hand, if you're still holding Naughton, there's a chance that he's available for selection this week and might be needed if Cordy misses with concussion.
    I'd really rather he didn't as that forces the hand on the trade front...
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!