Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 10 Trades

Don't have much plans, I think most of the premiums I want are either too $$$ (Macrae), with a high breakeven (Pendles) or have a bye (Rocky) meaning I'm not too sure if/what moves I want to make this week.

Of the rookies that played, I was hoping Clarke would do well as he would fit my team rather well but a 46 doesn't fill me with much confidence to go early on him. The Essendon def scored well so maybe someone to look at?

Zorko is someone that's how had 3 very strong games together, think he's at 677k so he's not that much of a bargain unless he gets back to last years form.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 10 Trades

I’m looking at Doedee > Ridley in AF, Naughton >Ridley in SC.

Think I will stick with Kelly this week, has Carlton in Geelong so should score well enough. Need him to cover Gray (Holman in RDT too) so he can earn a reprieve until next week when someone like Rocky becomes a viable trade.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Does "Delete Team" count as a trade?

That's about all that can save my season at this point.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

4. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been eyeing off Gray (after his bye) but his last two games have been average scoring. The showdown was good but took 6 goals and he was barely sighted this week.

Is this Rocky's fault for taking midfield time? He was looking like the perfect player through the bye but it's a big risk now. On the other hand, Rocky could now be that guy.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Letís talk Ed Langdon (RDT)

Poor first two games (66, 62) but since then:

104 average
    110.5 average at Optus
    4/6 games above 111
    27 disposals per game

The big tick from my perspective was his 114 in a drubbing away from home. If he starts to score respectably away from home (and bear in mind that this was only his second game away from Optus since Rd 1, having missed the Rd 4 game through illness) then his big scores at home become hugely important.

Role is great - a new Ross era HFF/winger/link player. Freo seem to play with half a dozen of those so Iím not sure thereís a real personnel risk here - heíll keep playing the role regardless of who else is in the team.

Zero tag risk.

Downsides:
    - who the **** is Ed Langdon? No history, so youíre punting on this being maintained
    - fully priced. You need him to become a top 6-8 forward.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rossi View Post
    I've been eyeing off Gray (after his bye) but his last two games have been average scoring. The showdown was good but took 6 goals and he was barely sighted this week.

Is this Rocky's fault for taking midfield time? He was looking like the perfect player through the bye but it's a big risk now. On the other hand, Rocky could now be that guy.
    3 behinds didn't help Gray, its a bit of both I think. Rockliff getting fit via SANFL has come back in and played pretty much all midfield, Wingard and Gray both playing up forward where they've been pretty good, Port kicked terribly on the weekend in what was a pretty dominant win, I doubt they change a winning formula.

Port midfield now looks to be Wines, SPP & Rockliff with Boak next in line (which makes sense as Wingard and Gray are better forwards than Boak)

Port gamestyle still won't get Rocky returning to his old numbers though

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stuffed my trade ups on the weekend forgetting I hadn't actually done them, ended up keeping Doedee & Finlayson and only trading Petracca to Hogan, which failed of course.

Kelly can go close to his BE this week I feel, will probably hold.

Will be a double downgrade this week given I need some cash, Phillips will come in. didn't score well but 18 disposals so got it a fair bit, should be fine in future weeks, can't see any others worth getting though?

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    Let’s talk Ed Langdon (RDT)

Poor first two games (66, 62) but since then:

104 average
    110.5 average at Optus
    4/6 games above 111
    27 disposals per game

The big tick from my perspective was his 114 in a drubbing away from home. If he starts to score respectably away from home (and bear in mind that this was only his second game away from Optus since Rd 1, having missed the Rd 4 game through illness) then his big scores at home become hugely important.

Role is great - a new Ross era HFF/winger/link player. Freo seem to play with half a dozen of those so I’m not sure there’s a real personnel risk here - he’ll keep playing the role regardless of who else is in the team.

Zero tag risk.

Downsides:
    - who the **** is Ed Langdon? No history, so you’re punting on this being maintained
    - fully priced. You need him to become a top 6-8 forward.
    He's playing great footy, almost certainly our most improved this year. Super fit and one of the few who runs hard to present an option ahead of the ball, which is why his mark numbers are good.

The main issue is that his scoring correlates so closely with Brad Hill's absence, he's essentially taken that role. Hill could still be a little while away, I think the Hills being injured is one of the many reasons we're looking so stagnant at the moment, so Brad's return doesn't necessarily mean a huge reduction in numbers for him.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twarby View Post
    3 behinds didn't help Gray, its a bit of both I think. Rockliff getting fit via SANFL has come back in and played pretty much all midfield, Wingard and Gray both playing up forward where they've been pretty good, Port kicked terribly on the weekend in what was a pretty dominant win, I doubt they change a winning formula.

Port midfield now looks to be Wines, SPP & Rockliff with Boak next in line (which makes sense as Wingard and Gray are better forwards than Boak)

Port gamestyle still won't get Rocky returning to his old numbers though
    Boak has a five round DT average of 98- seems to have had a role change that has substantially lifted his scoring.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by rossi View Post

Gray has gone to the forward pocket to rot essentially with Rocky and SPP coming back into the side and getting full blown midfield minutes instead. He's basically a high 80s to low 90s player in that role so not awful but not really worth grabbing either at his current price. Westhoff is the Power forward with the best role.

Rockliff is probably worth a long hard look as well, he's basically a sideways/downgrade on a few rookies right now depending on format, obviously better in DT but he's probably worth it as a cash cow in SC through the byes and could be just about sideways to Danger at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    He's playing great footy, almost certainly our most improved this year. Super fit and one of the few who runs hard to present an option ahead of the ball, which is why his mark numbers are good.

The main issue is that his scoring correlates so closely with Brad Hill's absence, he's essentially taken that role. Hill could still be a little while away, I think the Hills being injured is one of the many reasons we're looking so stagnant at the moment, so Brad's return doesn't necessarily mean a huge reduction in numbers for him.
    Taberner also out means they're kicking it sideways a lot instead of going forward because they have beyond zero targets forward right now, I mean they basically either kicked to leading Swans or sideways on the weekend. I also can't believe I just wrote a sentence that indicates the Dockers are missing Taberner.

He could easily keep going and he could easily fall off a cliff, very high risk/reward type of pick.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only player that's worth trading out for me is Kelly, so he's going for Dangerfield.
    Decided to go Toby McLean last week and wait a week on Danger, which worked out pretty well.
    Holman has bought himself a few more weeks in my team.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@Wogitalia

Draft league question for you. Has Harry Cunninghamís role changed? 95 and 96 is his last two, steaming piles of nothingness before that.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    @Wogitalia

Draft league question for you. Has Harry Cunningham’s role changed? 95 and 96 is his last two, steaming piles of nothingness before that.

steaming piles of nothingness

One of the best ways I've seen his football career/ability described to be honest.

Can't say I've noticed anything on his role, he basically tags occasionally, floats around turning it over and generally being shithouse in other games. Has always been good for a couple of ton type scores a season and a bunch of 80s to go with the 30s and 40s...

For an Essendon comparison, think of like a faster but less talented version of Jackson Merrett and take from that what you will... (then feel pity for me for having a coach who wants him to play 22 games a season...) (PS. I know your coach is shit also and has been since you fired Sheedy..., I feel your pain).

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@Wogitalia

Draft league question for you. Has Harry Cunninghamís role changed? 95 and 96 is his last two, steaming piles of nothingness before that.

FFC Premium
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of draft leagues..... interested in people's opinions...

I've been offered Christian Petracca for Tom Lynch (crows). The caveat to this is that because Petracca has played less than 50 games, I would be able to keep him moving forwards... what do people think?