Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 9 Trades

Will keep it brief as I don't really know the options yet.

Rookies - Anyone worthwhile on the bubble? Looking at the scores from the first gamers, Ed Phillips did well, as did Brayden Ainsworth. Thoughts on either of them from those that did happen to watch?

Anyone game enough to touch Zorko? Gone 176 and 115 in his past two games now (similar scores for SC) which looks pretty enticing. That said, he's kicked 4 goals in each of those matches which isn't going to continue, his game against Collingwood was strong but agains the Dogs his disposals dropped down to 24 and he had 0 marks so without the goals he scored sub 100.

Think I'll likely grab Crouch this week if I can find someone to trade Doedee down to (can be any position). Would love to be able to move Barry up ahead of Brayshaw as Barry looks like dead weight but I'm looking at a sub 600k player which seems too risky.

2. Likes Hodges liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 9 Trades

Double upgrade week for me, as much as I would like to crack the 1 million mark in my bank, its probably not the best strategy.

With the rookie back stinking it up, would imagine I will be trading Doedee and Finlayson. Naughton can wait until he gets named, wont lose cash for the moment. Some decent options this week in SC thankfully.

Backs

Kade - 501k, BE of 102. Kade seems to be the top target of most but im still wary of him. Age concerns me still, outside that though he is flying. BE doesnt demand selection this week though and his next two weeks could be tough - 118 and 57 in two games vs the Dees last year, then has Geelong where his last two games were 61 and 86.

Yeo - 531k, BE of 96. This is who im looking at over Kade, dont want to grab both before the first bye and Yeo seems the safer prospect. 5 scores between 105 and 114, the other three games have been a 94, a 150 and the 27. Has been ultra consistent outside that one game where Simmo gave him a crap role, think he is a safer get than Kade.

Webster - 495k, BE of 62. If you were going to jump on, this is probably the last week for a while now that he has the 132 in his system. Surprise back of the season, would say he has taken that Montagna role rather than Savage as most hoped. Takes the kick ins and Saints really look for him. Risky with no premo history but looks a great POD.

Mids

Danger - 604k, BE of 119. Just about bottomed out you would think. Lots will jump on this week but im still a bit hesitant. Played the Pies who give up so many points, so might be a one off. He looked pretty good TBH, but role is still not great. Think Divvy mentioned he had just the 6 CBAs this game, so thats a concern. With a 119 BE think im happy to wait another week. Last three games vs Essendon have been 112, 99 and 99 so he doesnt have a history of destroying them.

Macrae - 676k, BE of 62. How can you be that price and have that BE, ridiculous month for Macrae. Would be absolutely chasing points getting him in, but his next fortnight of Crows and Pies could see him go huge again. Has Port (SPP) and North in R13/14 so thats really the first chance we get to see if tags will slow him.

Zorko - 459k, BE of -9. Hard to know what to make of Zorko right now. Last two weeks have been a real return to form, but with 4 goals in each game his scores are skewed. Hawks, Swans and North his next 3, you would think he gets tagged in all of those games. Probably a pass based off that.

Crouch - 530k, BE of 105. Saved his score with a big last quarter, but dont particularly trust him this year. Has the bad combination of having no CD golden ticket, while also being a butcher. With how Greenwood and CEY have blossomed in his absence, not to mention Gibbs and Sloane if he comes back, that midfield has a lot of cooks right now. Probably giving him a miss for now.

Neale - 577k, BE of 107. This is the smoky for mine, last three he has gone 151, 123 and 118. Started off the year slowly but looks to have built his tank now. Sydney and North in the next two, but I reckon attention is going to Fyfe this year. If Jacobs went to Dusty you would have to assume he goes to Fyfe too. Has two games left against the Pies and Carlton which is beneficial for sure. If you are league inclined (I think a few of us are in cash leagues), he plays the Pies in the final round, at Optus.

Oliver - 568k, BE of 75. Probably the pick of the bunch, but ive already got him so he is last on the list. 5 round average of 117, in really good touch the last fortnight with a 124 and 143. Cant really go wrong here.

Forwards

Hogan - 440k, BE of 44. Was having a stinker on the weekend but put in one of the all time junk efforts, putting on about 50 points in 15 minutes. Averaging 97 now even with that injury 36 in there, seems a pretty safe cheap option. Only real question for me is the same one for all players of his type - how will the scoring go when the weather turns.

Darling - 500k, BE of 45. The surprise packet of the forwards, has been immense this year. Mentioned this in chat but I think he is really benefiting from JKs injury, being the focal point of the forward line. Question is how that changes once JK hits fitness and form. WC would be silly to change anything though because they are really dangerous when hitting up Darling a lot. Has always been an inconsistent player, but this year he has just three scores under 112 - 89, 90 and a 42. The 42 game FF says he got a hip knock in Q1, so outside his injury game his stats are even better than Hogans.

Menegola - 514k, BE of 93. This guy has flown under the radar so far but I think he is a pretty good option. Will have his down games (57, 70, 74 and 85) but his good games are big (121, 128, 129 and 132). Thats all his scores this year, feast or famine. But he is still averaging 99.5 through all that. Positive thing is seeing the 132 come this week with all the star mids playing. Any injuries to those guys and Menegolas stocks go way up. Another thing in his favour vs Hogan, Darling and the like is he has history of being a big scorer over a full season. Would also think winter suits him a lot better than those marking forwards.

McLean - 549k, BE of 70. Would think most would have him by now, but if not nows the time. Has been in great form and with Macrae and Bont around him, you wouldnt think he would get any attention.

Lambert - 495k, BE of 66. Has been on a tear for a while now. 5 round average of nearly 110, has been great since Richmond got their pressure game back to last years levels. Only 3.6% ownership too, great POD.

Think thats a pretty comprehensive look at the options. Im leaning towards grabbing Yeo and Menegola this week, save Danger for next week. After that is the Port upgrade time, Hoff and Rocky both looking like great options.
    Only ever talking SC

4. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Webster's biggest issue is his durability for mine. He's shown flashes of being a SC stud in the past, has the perfect game, and is really going great this year but the reason he's not established himself previously has been injuries. Solid punt, r14 bye not a real issue down back unless you have Savage, Tuohy or Lloyd as well as Laird already.

On the rookies... Crossley in the rucks looks acceptable as an option. Eagles and Keeffe are both pretty weak JS/Scoring potential prospects but are DEF and in Keeffe's case, DPP, so there is value.

Otherwise Phillips, Cumming and Ainsworth all scored very well and had good reports on them. Phillips looked really composed and ready to me. Haven't seen the other two.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

double downgraded last week, so have over 400k bank

doedee and naughton to Hurley & Howe. Have simpson and yeo already.

hopefully buddy is back for a 3 premo infusion
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Phillips, think he had good VFL form scoring wise, looked good on weekend, I need to downgrade so happy to go a week early.

Looking at Oliver or Webster, but Webster only because I can't afford Yeo.

So I will probably get Oliver
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone that doesn't have Ronke would you consider still getting him, 258k/214k, maybe a touch too expensive in RDT but he's projected for the biggest price rise this week out of all the rookies.
    With that 120+ in his rolling average for the next couple of weeks will still make more money than most rookies.
    Depends if spending that extra cash on him prevents you from doing an upgrade.

Do think its either him or go early on Phillips this week.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double upgrade for me this week so gonna have to pass on the Great Ronke. Hopefully Ed Curnow cops a week for touching up the ump and Oliver can have free reign at the G
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

10. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Double upgrade for me this week so gonna have to pass on the Great Ronke. Hopefully Ed Curnow cops a week for touching up the ump and Oliver can have free reign at the G
    Yeah I'd say it will go directly to tribunal since May's did...

Not demonstrative at all like Hawkins was, but I think they've set a junk precedent now on this...
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My early week move was to cash in Finlayson and upgrade Ratugolea to Buddy this week. However I’m a few thousand short. Buddy has a pretty high BE and Ronke’s is like -6 or something. So I’m thinking of doing Rata to Ronke which will get me enough of a cash increase to reach Buddy next week.
    Not sure it’s the best tragedy, but I’ve got Gray, so wanted to get a forward premo in for when he’s on the bye next week.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronke's BE is -56/-57 in each comp.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by banta View Post
    My early week move was to cash in Finlayson and upgrade Ratugolea to Buddy this week. However I’m a few thousand short. Buddy has a pretty high BE and Ronke’s is like -6 or something. So I’m thinking of doing Rata to Ronke which will get me enough of a cash increase to reach Buddy next week.
    Not sure it’s the best tragedy, but I’ve got Gray, so wanted to get a forward premo in for when he’s on the bye next week.
    Will Lance even be back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Will Lance even be back?
    I would think so. But who knows these days with injuries and clubs disclosing info. Case and point, Josh Kelly.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Will Lance even be back?
    Seems not.

Sydney SwansVerified account @sydneyswansFollowFollow
    @sydneyswans

More

Longmire: Franklin wonít play this week. We just donít know when he will be back, bruised heels can be tricky. We will see how Hanners goes at training this week.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The decision to hold Josh Kelly and Lance Franklin has obliterated my year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go haha. At least we find out nice and early in the week.