Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Round 8 trades

Just a cheeky one for RDT.

Lachie Hunter is averaging 122 when you take out his score of 48 against Sydney (well tagged by Cunningham according to FF). That score is about to cycle out of his rolling average. Priced at $657k. 3.4% ownership.

Fill yer boots
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

2. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 8 trades

My biggest issue with Hunter is he's a bit of a seesaw with his scoring. Potentially a great buy at his price but I'm not sure the 48 can be excluded or at least forgotten as it's not unusual of him to put up scores like that.

I'll be grabbing Matt Crouch, much to the pain I'll probably suffer in the byes, think he's a great buy at 636k and was in my team prior to his hammy going ping. Does have a breakeven of 105 so could afford to wait one and get another look with how he goes with Sloane in the team (who should return) but I doubt much will change so I'll pull the trigger.

Was planning on moving Murray out but with how poor Petracca has been, I'm considering moving him instead.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Macrae is racking up some really good spots in the coaches' votes (7 Rd 6, 5 Rd 4, 4 Rd 3) so you'd think he's a more likely tag candidate that Hunter.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking like Finlayson to Spargo and Petracca to Crouch. Wanted to back Petracca in but with that 40 in his system he is going to just leak cash - and he is no chance to be a keeper, so he has to go now. Leaves me 370k in the bank, will grab Hogan and Hurley next week.
    Only ever talking SC

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Double down for me. I am hoping Spargo and Ronke are guys I can take into the byes with me.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Looking like Finlayson to Spargo and Petracca to Crouch. Wanted to back Petracca in but with that 40 in his system he is going to just leak cash - and he is no chance to be a keeper, so he has to go now. Leaves me 370k in the bank, will grab Hogan and Hurley next week.
    Devils advocate here but prior to the finger he was averaging 89 and all of his scores at that point could easily have been 20 higher if things had bounced his way and/or kicked straight at goal. The question is will he be back to 100% this week or is the finger going to be an ongoing issue.

Makes sense to cut losses though if you feel strongly he can't get back to it.

Leaning double down as well, probably going to cash English who is baked for OMc this week and probably Banfield for Spargo.

Options look poor next week so not keen to be hunting multiple targets or if at all possible, any.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really easy week for trades. IN: Spargo and MCrouch. OUT: Two most cooked rookies.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Really easy week for trades. IN: Spargo and MCrouch. OUT: Two most cooked rookies.
    This
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Devils advocate here but prior to the finger he was averaging 89 and all of his scores at that point could easily have been 20 higher if things had bounced his way and/or kicked straight at goal. The question is will he be back to 100% this week or is the finger going to be an ongoing issue.

Makes sense to cut losses though if you feel strongly he can't get back to it.

Leaning double down as well, probably going to cash English who is baked for OMc this week and probably Banfield for Spargo.

Options look poor next week so not keen to be hunting multiple targets or if at all possible, any.
    If you could carry a 90-95 type guy as F6 then I would be more inclined to keep him and see if he can get the form back. Problem is, the standard is currently much higher and if you have to eventually upgrade him anyway, might as well do it now before he has tanked his value.

The other thing is, I just dont think he is very good this year. Made the comment in chat yesterday but he is a lazy footballer, doesnt work hard enough and demand the ball. Also think that the emergence of Brayshaw as a genuine mid again will spell the end of the Petracca mid dream. Much more likely to be a fwd with stints middle rather than the reverse that we hoped for when selecting him.
    Only ever talking SC

11. Likes Big Sledge #32, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crouch is definitely too cheap to ignore. Seems to go better with Sloane in the team too.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    If you could carry a 90-95 type guy as F6 then I would be more inclined to keep him and see if he can get the form back. Problem is, the standard is currently much higher and if you have to eventually upgrade him anyway, might as well do it now before he has tanked his value.

The other thing is, I just dont think he is very good this year. Made the comment in chat yesterday but he is a lazy footballer, doesnt work hard enough and demand the ball. Also think that the emergence of Brayshaw as a genuine mid again will spell the end of the Petracca mid dream. Much more likely to be a fwd with stints middle rather than the reverse that we hoped for when selecting him.
    Viney to come back too.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, forgot about Viney too. That’s the final nail for me, if it bites me so be it, but Petracca to Crouch looks really good right now. Especially as I moved on Banfield last week, so don’t have a rookie that’s a must trade.
    Only ever talking SC

15. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    Just a cheeky one for RDT.

Lachie Hunter is averaging 122 when you take out his score of 48 against Sydney (well tagged by Cunningham according to FF). That score is about to cycle out of his rolling average. Priced at $657k. 3.4% ownership.

Fill yer boots
    I'm pretty keen on Hunter too, its between him and Crouch who I bring in this week in RDT.
    Crouch is the more consistent/reliable option while Hunter has the ceiling, might be a bit much having all 3 of Macrae, McLean and Hunter but feel atleast 1 goes big each week.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

anyone looking at Jack Darling, seems irresistible to me at the moment
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    anyone looking at Jack Darling, seems irresistible to me at the moment
    I still struggle to buy the Eagles and he's their ultimate flat track bully so it makes it even harder. They've had basically the dream start to the season with even the better sides in Geelong and Sydney have underdone backlines for him (those games were both poorer as well).

He could be a great pick though, hardest part of this game is backing in players who've never done it before playing for teams that are blowing even the most optimistic predictions out of the water, when they hold the path they're phenomenal picks that makes seasons but I'd wager they fail more often than not.

On @Hodges comment re: Petracca (share the role concerns fwiw) but I think the 95 mark is certainly around what to expect at F6 this year. At this point you've got Gray, Heeney and McLean who every decent team already has or will have in the next couple of weeks that are significantly better.

Then you've got Westhoff, Buddy, Robinson and Acres above 100ppg right now. All of them could well maintain it but I wouldn't be backing it personally, Robbo generally misses a few games and has a stinker or two. Buddy ditto is already missing games, carrying an injury that may not heal all season and trending downward after a boom start. Acres could be great but would think he'll trend downward as well. Then you have Hogan and Darling that are above 96 and below 100, Hogan looks great to be fair but he's also a KPF and Melbourne have had a very cruisy start to the season (his scoring against the Hawks, Geelong and Richmond is significantly lower than against North, Brisbane and St Kilda. He's also got major durability concerns. Admittedly he has Carlton and the Suns for his next two so not expecting any drop off yet but it does get a bit harder after that. Darling, see above but basically the exact same story.

So realistically I think by seasons end the 95 mark is going to be right in play. I'd hazard to guess that 1 of those other 4 averaging 100+ might sustain it, which still leaves likely two guys in the 95 range, if they cost you no trades to get from here then they're fine. The bigger factor is that everyone should already have Heeney and McLean as the two most obvious starting picks there were and most should have Gray by after his bye at the latest because of his scoring capacity. So really one can afford to carry a 95 or two unless all of the above four keep going or someone else joins them, personally I'd like more information on them.

This isn't really Petracca based as much as general strategy, Petracca is set to plummet and if you have no faith in him then trading him does make sense this week for sure. I'm personally going to upgrade around and hope he can at least be a 90+ guy from here so that I can make the leap if needed. Billings unfortunately is in the same basket and I also have the Goldy train wreck to clean up. Ultimately I'm praying that all those guys can be 90ish scorers from here as a median result given their class as players so I can scramble them with hopefully two decent downgrade moves. The word praying is never a good one though
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

19. Likes Hodges, Big Sledge #32 liked this post