ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Re: Round 7 Trades

Anyone else struggling with trade in targets outside of the midfield?

The 4 on my radar right now are Seedsman, Gray, Langdon and Taranto ... wouldn’t have dreamt of three of those pre-season. I picked Langdon up off the waivers two weeks ago in my draft league
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    Tough week for captain choice.
    Freo, Richmond and Melbourne play Sunday. So can't loophole Fyfe/Martin into Gawn.
    Tempted to throw the VC on Cripps
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    Anyone else struggling with trade in targets outside of the midfield?

The 4 on my radar right now are Seedsman, Gray, Langdon and Taranto ... wouldn’t have dreamt of three of those pre-season. I picked Langdon up off the waivers two weeks ago in my draft league
    Not really to be honest.

Yeo, Hurley and Simpson are 3 of the 4 backs, really just waiting a few weeks for Simpson to get cheap, hopefully, and hoping the other two either go backwards or tread water for a while. Not overly focused on the backs though with the way rookies are scoring there. The 4th back will be known by then for me and probably a value play given how many trades away it is!

Forwards I need Gray and then it wont be until the byes that I address Billings, Petracca and Smith if they're still issues and I still have trades, I'm still praying to the fantasy gods they'll come good.

Mids are easy as mentioned with Merrett, JPK, Crouch and Danger all just super obvious targets.

Rucks are also super easy right now. Kreuzer is being watched like a hawk for form and as a potential saviour. Grundy is being prayed against for a form reversal. Goldy is also a prayer piece but those are worthless prayers because he is dead to me. (Did walk past a street in Frankfurt called Goldsteinstrasse and thought it was a sign, unfortunately my faith in him is so broken I took it as a sign that I need to get him the **** out of my side not to hold...).

I actually think it's an incredibly boring season right now. Gray is basically the forward target for everyone so that most sides are going to have 5 of the same players (Billings an ultra weak link here for me) so basically it's just what people do with Petracca and Smith that matters, the mids are almost going to be redundant unless Coniglio, Cripps, Oliver, Martin, Mitchell, Fyfe, Crouch or Danger get injured, pretty much pure captaincy choices in a few weeks here. Might be a few differences at Oliver but even he's very common and it's still just one spot.

Backs are probably the only area of interest. Right now Sicily and Laird are irrelevant but all other picks matter. Rucks also an interesting area but again it's only one position.

Essentially this year is going to be incredibly hard to close ground on anyone, it was all about the hot start with rookie and captain choices because teams are so incredibly similar and the scoring has dictated the next few upgrades to keep it even more similar, basically the only hope for anyone not within a few hundred right now is just pure carnage to come flying through.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

3. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

I should clarify that I was talking RDT there ... based on how my luck has gone so far, SC and I have decided that we should see other people/competitions

SC there’s a much better looking top end of player in each position so as you say, we’ll all end up very similar
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I dont think there are really any lock targets I dont have in rdt for fwd/back.

Currently deciding between Hurley who has poor durability and Westhoff who has no history of premium scoring and they're the best targets in their respective positions

Yeo is another but his scoring is so up and down, only one 100+ score in the second half of last season for memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might actually a jinx. Brought in Zerret this week, Simpson last week and Gibbs h week before that. All useless the week I bring them in. Simpson better this week and Gibbs better after too, hopefully the same for Zerrett.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do love when a player scores 100 DT from 21 touches as Gibbs has done, when he gets a higher amount he can really go big.

Think I'll go with Brayshaw to Pendles today in SC, not super keen to pay that much when I could get Crouch for what I imagine will be 40k+ cheaper next week and I think Crouch will be a good pick. That said, Pendles works very well in my team with his bye but he does work quite well with the byes where I don't have a round 12 player in my midfield and prior to last year, he's averaged 116+ for 6 straight seasons.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t count on Kreuzer being your ruck “saviour” Wogi. As long as it’s a ruck timeshare with Phillips, his scoring is going to remain crap.
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_FC View Post
    I wouldn’t count on Kreuzer being your ruck “saviour” Wogi. As long as it’s a ruck timeshare with Phillips, his scoring is going to remain crap.
    Still seems a better option than the "hope Goldy comes good" train I'm currently riding to oblivion.

Amazingly Petracca and Billings are managing to pass Goldy as bigger issues, might have even passed Higgins starting in the midfield over a premium...

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking Ryder possibly. Break even of over 200 this week, with a bit of luck he loses a fair chunk of value and he's ripe for the picking after his bye.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree that Ryder seems like a better target at this point. Kruzer is spending about 50/50 split between ruck and forward pocket as of this week which makes him thoroughly irrelevant to me.

Plus you can leverage it as 13 games of Ryder vs 12 of Kruzer/Goldy +1 of bye cover if you make the trade exactly at round 11.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

12. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Problem with Ryder is his injury is a real worry of returning (see guys like Boyd and Deledio who've dealt with similar) and that you're likely giving up 10-15 points on Grundy per round even if he gets back to how he finished last season (aka better than his best average).

That spot is basically sinking my season though... if only I'd know NicNat would hit supersaiyan averages I could have started him and saved the money or Sinclair of all people. How Sinclair is outscoring Goldy on shitty games is amazing.

14. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it'll really depend on how Ryder can score in the next few weeks to give us an idea of how healthy he is I suppose.