Important News


User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72

Thread: Round 7 Trades

  1. #46
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    2,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Forwards are dropping like flies at the moment.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

  2. #47
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Thankyou dt gods

  3. Likes Wogitalia, Hodges liked this post
  4. #48
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Is it just me or are there less 'must have' buy in premiums this year? I don't think I've just nailed my side either given I'm not in the top few hundred but I'm finding it rather hard to identify someone and be like "I really need to get him into my side". I'm not sure if it's because there really aren't many 'must have' types this year that most didn't start with or if it's due to the fact there are some newer premium faces which I just haven't become accustom to.

  5. #49
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Is it just me or are there less 'must have' buy in premiums this year? I don't think I've just nailed my side either given I'm not in the top few hundred but I'm finding it rather hard to identify someone and be like "I really need to get him into my side". I'm not sure if it's because there really aren't many 'must have' types this year that most didn't start with or if it's due to the fact there are some newer premium faces which I just haven't become accustom to.
    I think a huge part of it is that the "must have" guys were all such obvious starting picks that pretty much everyone has them all. Gawn, Laird, Mitchell, Heeney and Fyfe are basically the guys right now that are a tier above.

    Grundy picking up an injury has thrown a cloud over him and Gray suspended round 1 meant no one started him so he's not damaging just yet (starting to get there though). Danger is way down and people are just waiting but soon he becomes dangerous not to have, Crouch got hurt who was looking possible of getting there.

    So really there are both lots of them but none that aren't super common. Like I picked 5 of the top 8 starting midfielders but so did basically everyone else with Coniglio, Cripps, Fyfe, Martin and Mitchell basically being the starting 5 for every side with a few structuring to get one more guy in, which has mostly been heartache.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  6. #50
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    4,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Combine that with the fact that Doedee, Finlayson and Kelly are putting up near premium numbers. Upgrades are much less urgent when you have that luxury. Like if I get Hurley this week, I feel my backs are complete until the byes,when in reality im still starting two rookies.

    As an aside, pretty set on getting Hurley and Hoff now this week. Still keen on Macrae, but I think Touk goes to him this week in a shutdown role and with his 115 BE, can afford to wait and see how he goes with the attention (if he gets it).

    Added bonus this week is we get to see Dangers game before any trades need to be made. If Danger goes off and has bottomed out, will likely trade in Cole over Hurley to facilitate the Danger trade the next week.
    Only ever talking SC

  7. Likes Narkee liked this post
  8. #51
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    2,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Tough week for captain choice.
    Freo, Richmond and Melbourne play Sunday. So can't loophole Fyfe/Martin into Gawn.
    Tempted to throw the VC on Cripps
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

  9. #52
    FFC Bag Carrier Wheedus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    4,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    Tough week for captain choice.
    Freo, Richmond and Melbourne play Sunday. So can't loophole Fyfe/Martin into Gawn.
    Tempted to throw the VC on Cripps
    Titch will go bananas against the Bombers. Look what Gray did in Rd 4 (in a losing side). Having said that, Goddard did run with Oliver last week and kept him reasonably quiet but I can't see Goddard as a match up against Titch.

    It's probably gonna be academic for me anyway with Keeffe playing Fri night, unless Petracca doesn't play or one of the Freo rooks gets a rest.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

    "Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

  10. #53
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    4,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Titch vs the Bombers is the early one that jumps out to me, they have been giving up some huge scores. Gawn im unsure on, from memory he hasnt scored very well vs the Saints in the past. Just checked and last year vs Longer he got a 56, and it was the week after getting a 160 so you would say he was in form. Prior two games to that were a 128 (R1, 2017) and a 96 (R6, 2016). He is still probably the best option out of Fyfe (away from home), Martin (high variance) and Oliver (Dunstan tag?) though.
    Only ever talking SC

  11. #54
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    2,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Yeah, I don't have Titch
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

  12. #55
    FFC General Manager twarby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    6,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    probably Finlayson & Waterman out for Westhoff & Cole, will be playing Cole for now so don't mind the cost.

    just thinking though maybe Holman the better guy to move on after Waterman's score last week, anyone have their BEs?

  13. #56
    Moderator Athomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glen Waverley
    Team
    CARLTON
    Posts
    10,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by twarby View Post
    probably Finlayson & Waterman out for Westhoff & Cole, will be playing Cole for now so don't mind the cost.

    just thinking though maybe Holman the better guy to move on after Waterman's score last week, anyone have their BEs?
    Not sure on DT BE's

    SC: Finlayson 57, Holman 35, Waterman 29.

    I wasn't even considering trading Finlayson, but he's definitely more of a SC'er so could be worth a trade out in DT.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

  14. #57
    FFC General Manager twarby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    6,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post

    I wasn't even considering trading Finlayson, but he's definitely more of a SC'er so could be worth a trade out in DT.
    I should probably look at moving Murray instead, price not that much difference, and Finlayson a better scorer and will need to be on field.

    means I get to see Danger's score too as that could change my plans.

    Loophole a bit harder for me this week, looks like Murphy will be best one for it but means I've got to VC Coniglio, McLean or Westhoff
    Last edited by twarby; 3rd May 2018 at 10:49 PM.

  15. Likes Athomas liked this post
  16. #58
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Thoughts on Hoff? Can he actually be a season long premium? Am considering grabbing him in RDT given he's currently going at a 105 DT average but he's never gone over an 89.5 average in the past. Fools gold or the real deal this year? Think he's potential bait but he should have a fairly fantasy friendly role at Port.

    Hard to know if Ryder coming back helps or not. Last week he managed just 4 hitouts and scored 113 DT. The week before he had 26 hitouts for 118 so they're handy there but next to non existent in the other game and he still scores well.

  17. #59
    FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Posts
    4,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Thoughts on Hoff? Can he actually be a season long premium? Am considering grabbing him in RDT given he's currently going at a 105 DT average but he's never gone over an 89.5 average in the past. Fools gold or the real deal this year? Think he's potential bait but he should have a fairly fantasy friendly role at Port.

    Hard to know if Ryder coming back helps or not. Last week he managed just 4 hitouts and scored 113 DT. The week before he had 26 hitouts for 118 so they're handy there but next to non existent in the other game and he still scores well.
    I'm almost certain Hoff is a bad trade in, so I'm adding him in both formats.

  18. Likes Big Sledge #32, Wogitalia liked this post
  19. #60
    FFC Bag Carrier Wheedus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    4,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Round 7 Trades

    I think Wogi may have run with the sig a couple of years back "Ride or Die! Die it is"

    This keeps ringing in my ears of late
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

    "Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •