Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Re: Round 6

I want Higgins bad but I don't know if I can put up with Hardwick threatening to drop him every week
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

2. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Put out your Garletts.
    Gold right there
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    I want Higgins bad but I don't know if I can put up with Hardwick threatening to drop him every week
    I think I've talked myself into taking him. Just fits my structure better.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Also going to go Higgins or ZGL over Mirra thanks to Naughton getting the job done. Allows me to hold my structure without needing a trade next week to get Sicily back into defense.

Leaning Higgins, he's your perfect case of backing a players class to solve the JS issue which will also have him scoring great in the process. ZGL is the safer pick though with Greene indefinite moving forward and him also being a good little player.

In the end I think the DPP is worth the slight premium. Higgins was basically the best player in the draft last year from everything I read but just not as good a "prospect" as some of the other guys because of his size, will always back that type in as well.

Guelfi is already in my side, rate him the highest of the 3, JS seems good and getting better by the week, has put up two good scores in roles that are promising. Can't ask more than that as far as ticking boxes from a downgrade target.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

6. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Also @Bunga , you couldn't captain Sicily this week so we can have all of 4 players different for the round could ya

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From memory Higgins averaged 140sc over TAC and national champs last year
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From memory Higgins averaged 140sc over TAC and national champs last year
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Also @Bunga , you couldn't captain Sicily this week so we can have all of 4 players different for the round could ya
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Cripps C loophole worked well.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Geelong v Sydney at GMHBA Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

LATE CHANGES
    Geelong: Brandan Parfitt (foot) replaced in the selected side by Zach Guthrie
    Sydney: Nil

FINAL INTERCHANGES
    Geelong: C.Gregson, G.Horlin-Smith, Z.Guthrie, J.Thurlow
    Sydney: Z.Jones, O.Florent, B.Ronke, D.Robinson

North Melbourne v Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

NO LATE CHANGES

FINAL INTERCHANGES
    North Melbourne: M.Daw, J.Anderson, T.Dumont, C.Zurhaar
    Port Adelaide: S.Motlop, K.Amon, J.Watts, D.Houston

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Geelong vs Sydney

Shitty game. The umpiring was all time bad, throws are now the preferred disposal method for the umpires. That Heeney got annihilated a good 15m off the ball in a marking contest and didn't get the ball wasn't in the 30 worst calls of the game and it's saying something. The umpiring was so incredibly bad that it ruined the entire game, was just a slopfest of throws and drops one after another as there was never any space because the umpires love that continuous shitfest.

Swans - Horse started well, we went one on one and built a solid early lead as the ball stayed in our half and was thrown around everywhere. Then Scott decided to put a man behind the ball which Horse always loves the opposition to do even though we're absolutely terrible at it and it takes away all our strengths and just emphasises our weaknesses... eventually he had to man up the loose man and put Heeney and Parker on the ball and, shockingly, we trounced the Cats in the last quarter. **** he is awful.

Lloyd - Waxed late, was solid but the ratio probably fairly impacts his overall game. Is basically breaking even on the games where teams put attention into McVeigh which is what his owners need from him.

JPK - Much better game, particularly in the 4th quarter when Heeney and Parker went into the guts and forced the Cats to have to go one on one where he has a permanent mismatch against anyone in the clearances. It's funny how playing 2 guys out of position for no good reason impacts the entire side...

Sinclair - A terrigood game, good last quarter but awful before that. Last quarter was massive though, took several big pack marks as well. Ruckwork remains a real worry.

Heeney - Rotted in the forward half for most of the game before moving into the midfield in the last and turning the game. His ratio was brutal to be honest.

McVeigh - Gregson seemed to be putting time into him to me and the Cats were doing their best to keep him from getting the ball and especially getting it anywhere but the deepest line. Solid again.

Parker - Played FF for 3 quarters, barely a midfield minute from what I could see, moved onto the ball in the 4th and also helped turn the game. I don't know if he's injured or a victim of the ****wit but it's killing his fantasy value and the team either way.

Mills - Epic game from him, just so courageous. One day he's going to be a fantasy gun as well, surely!

Ronke - Great debut, awesome pressure work and got goals for it. Will be worth watching next week to see if he can back it up.

Cats - Were good when playing on their terms with the +1 and were seriously suspect when not. They looked most dangerous when Danger was forward because Sydney don't have a clue how to play him and basically destroy our own defensive structures to do it, painful to watch as a Swans fan. Too many passengers for them this week, even when they were on top they never really felt on top other than Sydney were just kicking to their +1 the whole time and offering nothing at the coal face.

Duncan - Must have got points for all his throws, must have had a dozen... He was mostly invisible to be honest but as usual just racks up the points.

Hawkins - Weird game, he looked hurt and perfect 2 minutes apart constantly. No idea whats going on there.

Selwood - Another who seemed rather invisible to me, awesome score all things considered, I guess all those FF add up and god were some of them rubbish.

Cunico - Stood out, butchered it a fair bit but got a ton of it.

Menegola - Not sure how he scored so well, another who I noticed for a few minutes here and there but never thought he'd be that high up.

Kelly - Was immense, went missing in the fourth but he was the best afield through 3 quarters, just classier than anyone else on the field and always had time. Basically was what Heeney was in the fourth for Sydney for 3 quarters for the Cats. Ratio felt fair but maybe even harsh given he was about the only classy player.

Dangerfield - Holy golden ticket batman. He got 21 points for one mark that he then kicked to a 30/70 that they lost, was crazy to see him go from 71 to 92 on the back of it, then only got 3 more for another where he handballed to a marked man which was odd that he got so little, lost a point as didn't do another thing for the next 8 minutes as the Swans piled it on. Was just some weird CD "spam" button smash I think... Was probably a harsh ratio at half time to be honest but noway he deserved to be much more than 1:1 at the end of the game. Great result for those waiting for him to get cheap but he wasn't really Dangerish today to be honest.

Ratugolea - Did some nice things, especially in the ruck where he got to ruck against Fox and had a couple of great hitouts as a result. Solid.

Tuohy - No idea whats with his ratio, didn't feel that bad to me, thought he'd be at least 1:1 so was surprised when I looked at the end. Harsh, I guess someone has to lose points for the Danger and Selwood ratio bonuses, too bad for those with Tuohy and Heeney who seemed the main pair to cop it along with Rohan, who know one should have...

Fogarty - Too late now anyway but he was only solid, mostly forward to me.

14. Likes Hodges, Bunga liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really impressed with Ronke, tackles really well and was pressuring heaps of contests. Exactly the sort of small you want in the modern game, if he backs it up next week will be high on my list. Passed the eye test.
    Only ever talking SC

16. Likes Bunga, Notorious_29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think yesterday’s Cats game justified all thoughts on why they can’t be as successful as many think they will be. Leaving too much to too few and having too many passengers. Their depth is so weak, their top is great but if their guns don’t fire then they don’t get enough from their bottom 6-8 players. Case and point yesterday.

18. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Eagles vs Docker - Game was a pretty fierce one and I'll note I only watched 3 and a bit quarters as I really was only watching for a few pieces and have to get some sleep after this! Intensity was great, umpiring was better than the Cats vs Swans game but still pretty terrible but I guess it's the interpretation having changed rather than the umpiring being bad as it's a consistently terrible application of the holding the ball and illegal disposal that is creating most of the issues, almost like the AFL sent a big FU to Clarko for questioning them on it last week by doubling down on their woeful version. Interesting game where the Dockers relied mostly on efficiency to stay in the game as they didn't really win anything in the contest but a few really clean clearances turned into goals and a couple of good scrambles and the Eagles general lack of class kept it close.

Eagles - Dominated the clearances and the game style, it was basically played in their 3/4 as they actually let the Dockers get towards the wing before pressing and forcing the turnover, I think part of it is the Dockers terrible forward targets but part of it was certainly tactical, they gave up the first two kicks quite willingly when the Dockers had clean possession. Pressure was excellent when they didn't though. I'm still not really sure how they keep winning games or more notably the midfield battle but they are so they should take it!

Hurn - Another game where the opponent treated him like a low hurt butcher. He basically got to man up who he wanted, when he even had to, and as a result just intercepted and rebounded everything. He's not doing anything special other than other teams putting their attention more at avoiding McGovern and forgetting he exists when realistically if you shut down them both you pretty much cripple the Eagles.

Redden - Huge game from him.

Gaff - Ditto and he's borderline relevant, he's almost playing too inside for DT and too outside for SC where he has ended up in no mans land, of course if he'd start tackling he'd solve both those issues flat out. Not likely so will take more alluring options myself.

Shuey - Copped a tag from Banfield early, smashed him then seemed to get Crowden who did a better job limiting the impact then got Banfield again who did better. Likely thing is that they were sharing the job as both are still young and probably would have burned out otherwise. He was solid without being able to get big metres because of the pressure. He's one to keep a sneaky eye on as NicNat gets fitter and also he gets fitter after no preseason, could finish the season strongly.

Darling - Gave Hamling an absolute bath, or more accurately, Hamling treated him like he'd never had a bath. Just refused to go near him when he was inside 50 or outside 50 and thus Darling waxed as the main target. It was a very interesting style of playing him, that's for sure.

Yeo - "Tagged" Fyfe, at least around stoppages but also tended to follow him forward, which kind of crippled his scoring a bit, solid outcome all things considered.

Lycett - Has been a sneaky good starting pick at this point and looked good. Taking advantage of rucking mostly against 2nd rucks now and building nicely. Probably is just a result of me facing the only 3 teams with him in the competition in my cash league the last 3 weeks...

Cole - One of the main reasons that I was watching and an interesting game for him. His pressure work was absurd and he's apparently the only guy in the AFL who can win a holding the ball decision, he must have had 4 (may have even been 5) and he's unlucky on his ratio, imo, given his clanger was just a sprayed shot from 70m after the siren so he basically got hammered for I don't know what. He looked great. If Jetta is out that would mean more rebound, the premium really does suck though. I think he's the kind of pick where if you will be fielding him for the next month he's probably worth the premium, he should average in the 70s, imo, as he was great on defensive work this week but showed his rebound ability the week before. JS seems to be solid as well. Looked great but I'd only pay more for him if fielding him as he should score well.

NicNat - Barely played it felt like and had little impact when he did. Sandi did a great job of nullifying him, still scored amazingly all things considered.

JJK - Was smashed by Pearce, just couldn't grab anything and basically had 3 plays all game (which were goals). Doesn't look ripe yet, that's for sure.

Petrucelle - Did about 3 great things and about 3 bad things and was basically unsighted the rest of the game. He has some serious speed though and I'd expect he gets another chance to show it as his pressure work was better than the stats. Probably had another 5 plays that could have been tackles but the Dockers found targets and thus weren't.

Dockers - Turned it over at half back all game and honestly it felt like they were lucky it was close for the most part, still had their chances and playing a man down, an elite one at that, sure hurts such a young team as well so showed great fight to play it out. Continue to show some good things.

Neale - Just everywhere and good with it as well. Looks primed to explode from here I reckon. Walters injury just means more midfield minutes over the next month as they really trimmed down their rotation after that.

Blakely - Had a great game, disposal is iffy but other than that can't question anything.

Fyfe - Was a solid game for him, fought through the tag well and his role was really strong.

Mundy - Also had a great role, pretty much only midfield this week and Walters injury can only compound that. Looks viable for those needing more than one forward target that already have the Port guys.

Ryan - Solid but there are a lot of cooks with Hill and Wilson also back there.

Sandilands - Hands of steel are well and truly back, he must have dropped a dozen marks that he was the only one with hands on in this game. Could have had an absolute monster of a score. He looked good though and had the better hitouts that I noticed.

Wilson - So inconsistent, some games he works, some games he doesn't, this one he really didn't.

Johnson - Seemed to play mostly forward to me and was the 2nd ruck (where he was smashed). This is mostly relevant for Duman.

Brayshaw - Didn't realise how unfit he was coming into things which seems absurd given how well he tested at the combine on the endurance tests but he's so dynamic when he's on the field but he basically either has a great role or rides pine. He again scored great on a per minute basis but his minutes are just stupid low, he doesn't even look bad in the forward half so not sure why he can't rest up forward and have an impact. Still, he feels like he's on the edge of a price changer. (inb4it'sthewrongway)

Banfield - Tagging role and not a natural scorer out of that role, think he's basically shown what he is at this point, his role is fine and I guess you just hope for a bigger game on the tackles front to get him a 90 type score to spike things.

Cerra - Solid player as well, looks like he can be a good one.

Duman - The other main reason I was watching and I came away impressed. Firstly that Johnson played forward and he held the 3rd tall role was important. Secondly that Waterman was very well held, both his goals had way more to do with luck than Duman and I'm not even sure Duman was on him for either. He beat him well in basically every other contest. Was unlucky that he was the reverse of Cole, the only guy in the AFL who can get caught holding the ball (had 2 at least, both were really unlucky based on the standards of the rule). He shows good composure with the ball and does get involved in the action a bit on the rebound which is nice. He's super skinny but good movement that allows him to play tall or small and he impressed me. I'd say his JS is the bigger concern but as N29 mentioned elsewhere, there's a few injuries, and with him getting the role over Johnson I'd say that's a bit of a statement as well. Dockers are committed to playing the kids also. Think that I, as someone not needing to field the rookie without a loophole at least, will probably go Duman and the extra 45k over Cole though Cole is still tempting (part of it is keeping options open next week!).

Crowden - Really solid little player. There's more than a bit of Lachie Neale about him, imo.

Walters - This one sucks for footy. Great player and hopefully it's only a minor injury and nothing sinister.

20. Likes Bunga, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindsight is wonderful but Lycett was definitely the mid price play in the rucks this year. Stepping stone to Grundy.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

22. Likes Crows88 liked this post