Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 6 Trades

Strange only having a couple of days to decide moves for the next round.

The way I see it is there are a few rookies on the bubble without any cash cows really ready to be traded. Personally thinking I'll go early to jump on as I'm not really sure if there are many other around at the moment and I'd like to start some upgrades soon.

*All numbers I ramble on about are DT because DT is life*

Rookies on the bubble -

Guelfi
    - price $147,500, avg 68, breakeven -69, projected price rise $78.4k

I watched the match today but I didn't notice him at all, seemed to get a bit of it in the first half but without knowing who I Was looking for, I just didn't see him so I can't comment on how he looks. With Green doing his hammy and the other injury Essendon picked up, I dare say it will help his JS, or it at least can't hurt it.

Higgins - price $162,500, avg 68, breakeven -63, projected price rise $74.6k

Very active on the goal front having kicked 5.2 his his two matches so far. Was Richmond's 4th best scorer on Tuesday which was pretty impressive. For mine, he has that small forward role which isn't really a fantasy friendly position and Richmond have a shitload of small forwards so I'm not keen on his JS. You'd have to think having taken a year off to focus on his footy last year, he'd be more ready to play AFL footy then other first year players but it's just a matter of opportunity in a team that doesn't have many injuries.

Mirra - price $128,700, avg 60, breakeven -62, projected price rise $69.6k

Has looked pretty solid down back from what I've seen so far. Not someone that looks to actively try rack it up but focused on beating his man and doing the team thing which I think he has so far. I missed the first half of the North game so I can't add too much more outside of that. Mature aged recruit though so he's good to go physically as long as he remains best 22.

Others to note: Cunico (203k), Giles-Langdon (147k, if he returns).

1 game players: Cole - scored 72, priced at 188k. McKay - scored 75, priced at 203k. Weideman - scored 73, priced at 217k. Duman - scored 59, priced at 155k. Poholke - scored 54, priced at 155k.

On the radar:

Sloane
    - Has dropped 87k, down to 652k and a breakeven of 181 will see him drop further.Adelaide have finally done the right thing by him by resting him with his foot injury so if he shows some form upon return (whenever that might be) he'd be worth considering as a cheap midfield premium buy. Although if you think it's the tag that's stopping him then he obviously isn't a consideration.

M.Crouch - Only played the 2 games, still priced at 737k with a breakeven of 177. 133 in his first match before his hammy went in the 2nd on 33 meaning we'll get at least 2 weeks of price drops before he's bottomed out - could potentially take him a game or two to get going which might see a bigger price drop but would have to be considered given the ball magnet he is.

Adams - Has dropped 72.9k, currently at 719k and a breakeven of 162. I actually haven't paid any attention to his position in the first 3 rounds but if it's still friendly, he'd have to be worth considering given his previous 3 season averages of 114, 102 and 101.

Zorko
    - Dropped 180k, priced at 609k and a breakeven of 157 will see him drop even more. Harder to justify buying him right now given I'm not aware of any injury issue and he's only posted one score over 72 so far this season. That said, have to keep an eye out on him given his previous two season averages have been 114 and 106.

Kelly -
    20k drop, 760k price and a breakeven of 137. Not really someone that's fallen as such but has the 88 in his system for the next couple and could potentially drop a little if he comes back slowly. Given the other cheaper options, not sure I'll go for him but will monitor.

Martin -
    Dropped 96k, current price of 688k and a breakeven of 127 and a score of 73 in his system for the next 2 weeks. To be honest, I'm hating his role from a fantasy prespective at the moment and I'm glad I didn't grab him when Crouch went down (role was the main offput then as well). Richmond are playing him in the forward line for really long periods where he has managed to kick bags but he's not racking it up and it's hurting his overall scores. Should they decide that playing their best midfielder in the midfield is a good idea, then look to jump on.

Sure there are plenty of others worth keeping an eye out on, only the ones that come to mind for myself.

Get on before it's too late, or maybe it already is? / 2018 bait, don't bite

Seedsman - up to 579k, having risen 163k already, breakeven of 43. He's still not in the top 10 most expensive defenders whilst averaging the 3rd best score out of the lot so far this year. Started the game against Sydney on fire, really racking it up and seems super suited to the wing role he currently has. Been rather impressed with what he's had to offer us so far this year, wasn't expecting so much.

Hogan - 598k with a gain of 108k so far, breakeven of 83. Kind of feels too late to really be a 'bargain' but he's currently the 4th best averaging forward at the moment and looks to be in a great fantasy role with a lot of roaming up the ground/in the midfield.

Taranto - 517k with a gain of 92.6k, breakeven of 18. Expected to rise 36k this week with a projected score of just 82 makes him look quite promising. 4/5 scores have been 90+ with the one sub 90 score being a 52 vs Sydney. For him it comes down to his position, when Hooper came into the side his midfield minutes dropped as did his score. Kelly dropping has probably helped him get those minutes back in the short term. Tempting buy but hard to go all in given the amount of midfield depth GWS have and them all battling for minutes but with a few injuries he'd be a really good get imo.

Deledio - 491k, up 88k so far, breakeven of -2. Is he back? Or is it too early/doesn't matter with his injury issues? Scores so far this season - 58, 81, 64, 88 and 136 sees him finding a touch of form. He's had 29 and 28 touches in the last two games which is a pretty nice sign. Might be another benefiting with no Kelly in the side and getting a few games under his belt. He's probably hard to really consider given the durability but anyone who has been playing long enough probably has a bit of a soft spot for the once super durable player.

2. Likes Athomas, Narkee, Hodges, banta, KFC liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 6 Trades

Danger has dropped about 100k in SC with a BE of 150 odd in SC.

He's going to bottom out very soon. He's only one decent score away from stopping his price from dropping.

I think I'm going to try and get the funds for bringing him in during R7.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

4. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thinking of going Buddy > Yeo ( through Sicily DP), Garlett > Guelfi.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

6. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Thinking of going Buddy > Yeo ( through Sicily DP), Garlett > Guelfi.
    I went Bonner to Yeo last week and happy with the move. Yeo is pretty much bottomed now so it's the time to get him in. Other option if you're looking for a POD down back is Witherden. I was pretty keen on him in the preseason and he's now belted out a decent run of scores (89, 77, 91, 103, 125) to have justified the pick. $486k, 97 avg and BE of 47. Other obvious one is Simmo, although he's gonna cost you $532k.

A lot depends on teams but I may try to hold Buddy for a week and double down on Guelfi and Mirra. My biggest issue is none of my rookies (other than Garlett) are anywhere near maxed out. I'm actually thinking of ditching my donut (Keeffe) for Mirra.
    Last edited by Wheedus; 26th April 2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurley's the back I want to get in asap.

9. Likes Big Sledge #32, Hodges, Narkee liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah im looking at getting in Hurley this week over Yeo and Simpson. I think all three are pretty comparable, Yeo and Simmo have the first week bye though - makes them better final back upgrades, moving out Doedee and Finlayson and avoiding a bye round.

I dont mind the idea of a double downgrade this week though. Guelfi was good again and with the injuries to Essendons smalls you would think his JS is decent. Higgins has a 91 in his average now which is a huge tick. I think he could be the best but he is also the riskiest, small forward isnt normally a lucrative role but the Tigers do like to share the ball and he has a nose for goals. His JS is the biggest issue, but the Tigers are really healthy right now and he is clearly the first guy in - one injury to a small and you would think he has a spot for a while. Mirra im not sure on. He was pretty poor in the first half IMO but given how much supply the North forwards were getting he had no chance to look good. Second half was much better once the Hawks mids started to get on top. If he gets named this week you would think he is a fairly safe bet.

Issue is who to trade out. Dont see the point in trading Garlett or Fritsch given how little money it gets you, especially considering we will need to grab Danger next week (Holman to Danger might cost 350k). Im considering punting Petracca down to Guelfi and pocketing the 320k. It funds the Danger trade next week, so its essentially Holman to Guelfi and Petracca to Danger, except that you get another weeks cash increase on Holman. Its not without its risks, Petracca could turn around and start scoring like a premium but I just dont see it from him this year, he just doesnt get involved enough and he is a clanger machine when he does get it - just looked, his clangers have risen from 2.9 to 4.8 per game. Flip side is his two worst scores have been vs the reigning premiers and in a huge blowout loss, before those two games he was averaging 95. If the Dees are going to generally beat up on poor teams, he could be a 95 guy which might be fine for F6.
    Only ever talking SC

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Really like Tom Cole as an option next week, think he'll score well. Going to give Mirra a miss because of that.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

12. Likes Bunga liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres also Taylin Duman next week who looked great in his first game. Cole pretty pricey, but he did play well - will be watching him closely in the derby.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Really like Tom Cole as an option next week, think he'll score well. Going to give Mirra a miss because of that.
    Yep, he was very solid - used the ball well, very composed.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT will be interesting to see who gets rested from Bombers (4 day break) and to a lesser extent Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood (5 days). I think all of Guelfi, Stephenson, Murray and Higgins are prime candidates. That will make this week really hard with Lance and others already out.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    IT will be interesting to see who gets rested from Bombers (4 day break) and to a lesser extent Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood (5 days). I think all of Guelfi, Stephenson, Murray and Higgins are prime candidates. That will make this week really hard with Lance and others already out.
    4 days for Collingwood too

Yeah should be very interesting!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Fritsch returns. I won't necessarily need any trades if he does.
    Somewhat tempted to grab Elliot Yeo. Other than his 27, he has scored big every week. Loses that score this week, so only has a BE of 32.
    Price has dropped 55k due to that one game. Brayshaw in mids has a similar BE, so can just switch Finlayson across, and it doesn't affect my cash generation.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

18. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably should create the Round 6 gameday thread but Brisbane has gone early with their team:

IN: Daniel Rich, Oscar McInerney (AFL debut)
    OUT: Luke Hodge (rested), Ryan Bastinac (omitted)

Not a great sign for Stefan based on Archie Smith in previous years!

Worpel is also debuting for Hawks but no full team there.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petracca to miss now.
    Sicily, Buddy and Petracca. What a shit hobby this is

21. Likes Bunga, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah was about to say Petracca out. Carnage has well and truly arrived this week!