SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 5

Swans vs Crows - Weird game, super sloppy, lots of mistakes, not really any genuine pressure to explain it either, the teams were actually almost better under pressure than without it! Crows dominated the first half and butchered everything, Swans dominated the second half and couldn't find a score and then let the Crows bang on a bunch of goals at the start of the 4th which was basically the only 5 minutes in the 2nd half that wasn't played in the Swans half. Felt a little like the Saints games, Crows got the points and have to be happy but wouldn't exactly be excited by the way they played for the most part and the Swans was like the Power game, failure to take chances once again cost us the game. Finally the umpiring was just horrendous, it's like they had a mandate to try and be the most influential thing on the ground and just couldn't let the game flow which was part of why it wasn't a very nice game. I'm not really arguing any of the specific calls (although a Heeney non-mark certainly would be the top if I was ) just that they don't need to call every time someone breathes on an opponent and the made up play on calls to try and create a "flowing" game just felt ridiculous and manufactured. It didn't influence the result because both teams should walk away thinking they should have won it if they took chances but it was just hard to watch. Such a shame because the first couple of games this year were so well umpired and it's just getting worse every week with the "interpretation" of the week method to officiating.

Crows - Dominated the clearances early which let them play in their half on their terms and really should have been up 40 at the half and then got dominated in the clearances in the 2nd half and given their failure to take chances in the first probably should have lost, did finally take chances to start the 4th and that last little burst was decisive. Did like their forward press, the tag on JPK was dominant and a few of their lesser lights really stood up.

Doedee - He's a really good player, he did about two things wrong all night one of which was more a good interchange than his fault and the other was a super under pressure hack kick that went out, otherwise was intercepting everything and winning all his one on ones. Going to keep saying it but the Crows have upgraded the position, if he was this good last year they might have won a flag if they weren't trying to maximise Lever's trade value!

Walker - Much better game from him, still not really hitting his stride but he played the ball and made a contest instead of just trying to start fights, kicked a couple of big goals and was the better of the KPF on the night.

Seedsman - Surprised how bad his ratio is this week given they kept highlighting that he was very contested (even if it didn't feel like it at all watching) and given he used it pretty well, avoided clangers and had a big goal. I guess no marks or tackles (relatively) hurt but still was expecting him to be 140ish just watching (watching on delay makes the fantasy scores interesting at the end!). Owners have to be happy, still shocked we didn't tag him...

Laird - Rock solid and given he basically had no supply until the 2nd half he did a great job of pushing up to keep it ticking over in the first half. Just a gun player. Do love the out of touch channel 7 commentators who think he's a shocking kick for some absurd reason and shouldn't be trying to hit targets...

Jacobs - Dominated the first half and then vanished from the game. Don't reckon he's 100% to be honest.

Gibbs - Copped a pretty strong tag from Hewett this week, would have preferred we took away the outside element and back our bulls to win the contest instead of playing down a midfielder essentially which combined with the effective tag by Douglas meant it was basically one on one midfield battle that we lost soundly...

Poholke - Did some nice things, not prolific by any means and hard to gauge his role but was solid.

Gallucci - Took Betts' spot and did a few nice things including a huge goal in the 4th. Not as noticeable on the pressure front as Murphy but perhaps a bit more creative so will be interesting to watch.

Swans - Outcoached, as usual, and had too many stars having stinkers. Parker basically played FF and was noticeable only for the impact he had in the 10 minutes or so of the game he did play midfield for being cleaner than everyone else. In the end though some horrific kicking at goal and inside 50 cost us a game we should have won.

Heeney - He's lucky they don't grade the difficulty of the shot at goal and give clangers for missing sitters because he flat out choked at the end of the game, two of the easiest shots you'll get after a fantastic tackle that caught Doedee with no option but to throw it and an even better mark, also on Doedee's head, but just missed terribly. The difference in the end and needs to do better. If he kicks those he probably hits 160 such was his quality otherwise, would like if he'd get a few cheaper touches because he uses it well and he doesn't need to make everything so hard but kids a gun.

Jones - Solid game for him. One of the few who is willing to break lines.

McVeigh - Great again, like Jones he breaks lines with smart movement and generally hits targets, so valuable.

Lloyd - Sheer weight of supply meant everyone got in the action down back but McVeigh was still the clearly preferred kicker for us.

Sinclair - Call it a nil all draw for the rucks, Sinclair was beaten in the ruck and had little influence around the ground as well.

Parker - As mentioned above, seemed to spend the vast majority of the game deep forward, a particularly strong strategy by coaching genius Horse given we were getting annihilated in the clearances. Always makes sense to have your best midfielder up forward in that scenario...

Kennedy - Well beaten by Douglas, just couldn't find the ball, get it clean when he did or do anything damaging with it on the few occasions he found it. Just a mare, worst part is he's shown nothing so far this year to suggest he's worth grabbing even at this price.

Franklin - Well beaten by Talia, failed to take his chances in the 4th with two goals you expect him to kick both missing and just couldn't get involved in the game for the most part. Didn't help that we again went with the tactic of losing the clearances so we can play in our own half and Talia doing a great job of nullifying him.

Hanners - He just doesn't look right, needs a rest or a stint in the magoos. When he's got no speed or ability to create space and he can't kick at the best of times he's just not a guy you play while injured because he has no strings to be dangerous.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

2. Likes banta, Hodges, Ben the Gooner, KFC, Crows88, Athomas liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final teams for #AFLSaintsGiants No late changes for either side.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are people backing Holman in again this week on the field? I'm tempted to run my luck on Banfield who seems to be getting better every week.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Parker role was probably the most confusing part of the game for me last night. The Swans mids clearly didnt have it and he is just rotting away up forward the vast majority of the game, was an obvious move to make to try change the direction of the game.

Credit to the Crows for showing up, had all the hallmarks of a pride match.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Are people backing Holman in again this week on the field? I'm tempted to run my luck on Banfield who seems to be getting better every week.
    Im backing Holman in. Only onee poor score so far, think he bounces back in the derby.
    Only ever talking SC

7. Likes banta liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Im backing Holman in. Only onee poor score so far, think he bounces back in the derby.
    He has that going for him for sure, good scores in all games including JLT outside of last week.

I'll probably stick with him. Hopefully gets a run with role on Zorko or Beams.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LATE CHANGES

Port Adelaide: Todd Marshall replaced in selected side by Lindsay Thomas
    Geelong: Nil

FINAL INTERCHANGES
    Port Adelaide: Karl Amon, Chad Wingard, Dan Houston, Lindsay Thomas
    Geelong: Rhys Stanley, Jordan Murdoch, Mitch Duncan, Jackson Thurlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not starting English on the ground is killing me. So many wasted points as ruck cover. Could have saved money and spent it elsewhere too. Those who have started him would be killing it.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final teams for #AFLNorthHawks: No late changes to either side.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by banta View Post
    Not starting English on the ground is killing me. So many wasted points as ruck cover. Could have saved money and spent it elsewhere too. Those who have started him would be killing it.
    In AF I'll be trading a Fwd to a R/F to get him on the ground.

In SC, I'm thinking of doing the same.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming we get the remaining teams at 5pm today??
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    I'm assuming we get the remaining teams at 5pm today??
    I have a feeling we will only get Dees/Tigers today lol. Pies/Ess tomorrow.

FYI Vlastuin, Caddy, Graham already out for Tigers, sounds like they are saving sore Vlas/Caddy for the next week.
    Frost/Bugg/Lewis already ruled out for Dees.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think both games are named at 6.25pm.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IN Dom Tyson, Sam Weideman, Billy Stretch, Jayden Hunt
    OUT Sam Frost (Omitted), Tomas Bugg (Omitted), Bayley Fritsch (Omitted), Jordan Lewis (Injured)

IN Nathan Broad, Sam Lloyd, Jack Higgins
    OUT Josh Caddy (Injured), Jack Graham (Suspension), Nick Vlastuin (Injured)

Coll: No Change

IN Jackson MerrettOUT Orazio Fantasia (Injured)

17. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fritsch out, no rookies want to make money this year!
    Only ever talking SC