Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round 5 Trades

Starting the thread, for the main purpose of letting everyone know this:

https://twitter.com/DreamTeamAFL/sta...20312678440965

YOUR GAME. YOUR VOTE.
    With the extended Fri-Wed Round 5, who’s up for a one-off Rolling Lockout?

Like = Full lockout Friday night.
    RT = Rolling Lockout Rd 5 only.

#AFLDreamTeam
    Currently 7 RT's, 0 likes, pretty sure this will be a rolling lockout for RDT this round. Can use a few loops / VC tricks based on this.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

2. Likes Elvs1, Narkee liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 5 Trades

Kreuzer had some scans today, not sure if it's related to the groin injury he had in round 1. He's averaged only 73SC in his 3 games so far (84 DT) which is a very long way behind what he is capable of. These scans and the fact that he say out late in the game on the weekend suggest he's still carrying something. Hate using sideways trades in the ruck but people will need to think long and hard about keeping Kreuzer at the moment, especially with Grundy in such great form. Unfortunately, Grundy and Kreuzer have had a combined $130k swing in price, so Grundy is now $70k more than Kreuzer, which may make it very difficult to jump across if you're so inclined.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder if Ed Curnow is worth considering in the midfield?

Carlton have lost Gibbs and Docherty prior to the start of the season and Murphy looks to be struggling as well so he's going to get plenty of minutes. Given he can get a run with role, he's never going to get tagged so that won't ever be a worry.

After 4 games he's averaging 116.5 DT which includes a 160 v GC in round 2. Averaged 101.7 in 2016 before falling back to 88.1 last year however he only managed the 13 games.

Looking at his past couple of years it's been a bit up and down so it's hard to say whether he can maintain it but I feel like he'll probably benefit from the outs/injuries.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Ed and he had a freak injury last year (pretty sure it was when Dusty don't argued his throat) which put him out for the back half of the season.

That being said, I don't think he could put up premium numbers for the season and I worry about Carlton struggling in general. He'd definitely be a DT bet if anything and not SC.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brayshaw to Coffield this week. Brayshaw doesn't look like he'll in increase in price anytime soon, and also have Barry and Clark on the pine going nowhere. I need to generate some cash:Coffield looks good and should increase in price reasonably quickly.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrotumscragger View Post
    Brayshaw to Coffield this week. Brayshaw doesn't look like he'll in increase in price anytime soon, and also have Barry and Clark on the pine going nowhere. I need to generate some cash:Coffield looks good and should increase in price reasonably quickly.
    I'm going Dow to Coffield. Dow looks so far off AFL pace it's not funny. How Bolton keeps playing him when he isn't ready is beyond me.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If anyone has Venables, unfortunately, he looks to be out for around 10 weeks after picking up the same sort of injury as Liam Ryan.

Elsewhere, Puopolo and Rioli will miss around 6 weeks for Hawthorn.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    If anyone has Venables, unfortunately, he looks to be out for around 10 weeks after picking up the same sort of injury as Liam Ryan.

Elsewhere, Puopolo and Rioli will miss around 6 weeks for Hawthorn.
    Bloody hell 10 weeks, all my rookies are dropping like flies.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Probably worth noting this week that there are likely to be around 4-5 worthy rookies on the bubble next week:

Mirra (DEF) - $102,400 with a score of 77
    Cunico (MID) - $188,600 with a score of 109
    Guelfi (FWD) - $117,300 with a score of 72
    Langdon (FWD) - $117,300 2 games with an average of 50-60 from memory

For those that like the risky game it could be worth taking one of these guys this week (if Coffield is not an option). If Langdon is named, he is the least risky obviously. Guelfi probably the next least risk followed by Mirra/Cunico.

Something to think about this week otherwise it could be a double downgrade next week. Shame the mid rookies haven't been very successful cash generators.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

11. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Mirra as a pick. Mature age (27) and has worked long and hard to earn his spot. Based on last week's team selection, it looks like he came in for Brand. I'd be interested to hear from the Hawks boys on where they see his JS. His ratio (56/77) was pretty generous given his stats suggest he turned it over a bit. He probably made up for this in contested numbers. Base price is a bonus. I'm happy to wait the week and watch Bonner for another.

I was also very impressed with Guelfi on Sunday. Watching it live, I didn't really notice him much in the early part of the game but he was great in the second half when the whips were cracking. Was basically working between the arcs on a wing and looked right at home. 9 contested possessions and did a few really good team things / 1%ers. I can't see him losing his spot and may even hold it when McKenna is available.
    Last edited by Wheedus; 17th April 2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

13. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned on chat half way through the game Mirra looked really solid.
    Did a great job on Hogan after Frawley got injured and moved forward.

A lot of his SC points would have come from 1%'s like spoils, didn't get beaten very often.
    He also went for his kicks and wasn't afraid to go the hard option.
    He offers a lot more offensively than Brand.

I would wait a week on him thou and see how he goes this week, North have got a couple of good key forwards, if he gets through ok in that game I can see him having good JS.

15. Likes Wheedus, Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched that game and agree Mirra looked really solid. Your typical no nonsense lockdown full back. He's my pick of the rookies for next week at basement price.

17. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bit surprised that Mirra had that role, he's not particularly tall, seems like more of a mid sized defender than key sized.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Considering going Billings (why Richo doesn't give him midfield time is just ridiculous) > Cogs before Cogs price gets too high, seems a must have - would still have 5 premium fwds starting, gets one of the underperforming mid rookies off the field.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

20. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    I like Mirra as a pick. Mature age (27) and has worked long and hard to earn his spot. Based on last week's team selection, it looks like he came in for Brand. I'd be interested to hear from the Hawks boys on where they see his JS. His ratio (56/77) was pretty generous given his stats suggest he turned it over a bit. He probably made up for this in contested numbers. Base price is a bonus. I'm happy to wait the week and watch Bonner for another.

I was also very impressed with Guelfi on Sunday. Watching it live, I didn't really notice him much in the early part of the game but he was great in the second half when the whips were cracking. Was basically working between the arcs on a wing and looked right at home. 9 contested possessions and did a few really good team things / 1%ers. I can't see him losing his spot and may even hold it when McKenna is available.
    I really liked the look of Guelfi, was very composed out there and seemed to constantly be in the right spots to link up. If he backs it up i'll definitely be looking to get him into my side.

Mirra im honestly not too sure on. He looked like he had some first game nerves which is understandable, with the dropped chest mark and some iffy kicks. Got better as the game wore on and Hogan was quiet after he went to him - though I think thats more to do with how the Hawks got on top in the middle. Not sure how his job security is, ive been a fan of Brand in the past but he seems to have gone backwards this year. And Frawley has been injury prone of late, so you would think Mirra would be on the cusp at all times.
    Only ever talking SC

22. Likes Wheedus liked this post