Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 4 Trades

Just getting this up without really looking.

Off the top of my head, Richards is on the bubble for the Dogs and quite tempting after an 80+ score, not really sure how I work him into my side though (actually might be able to move Sicily to the forward line and bring Richards in for Langdon).

Merrett is looking like a real problem at this point, very invisible from what I could see, didn't even seem to be playing that much in the midfield. Doesn't help I've got him paired with Sloane who is also very little, at least he has the excuse of only playing 64% TOG on the weekend - clearly not right after the ankle injury.

Someone that's slid under the radar for myself is Seedsman who is off to a strong start also, averaging 95 after 3 and in a nice role on the wing. No Smith probably helps somewhat, as does not being injured or a change. Not sure about this week but he covered the most ground of any Crow in round 2 which is a promising sign, again, probably not someone anyone can really fit into their side just like that.

2. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 4 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Merrett is looking like a real problem at this point, very invisible from what I could see, didn't even seem to be playing that much in the midfield. Doesn't help I've got him paired with Sloane who is also very little, at least he has the excuse of only playing 64% TOG on the weekend - clearly not right after the ankle injury.
    Just took a look and Merrett only played 68%
    Top Essendon SC score was 86 which is crazy (top DT score was 91)
    That being said, Merrett still looks like a big problem.

Esava Ratugolea looked pretty good this week, he scored 84DT/74SC after 39DT/32SC in Round 1. Rucking a bit more in this match though with no Stanley/Smith (Blics rucked more from the eye test / hitout numbers.)

Richards (as you mentioned) / Henry / Crowden others on the bubble. Henry actually put up a 56DT/93SC game so will have a nice price rise in SC.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a Lobb/Ryan owner I have to watch both of those situations as the week goes on.

On Esava, I thought he played pretty well yesterday in what I watched. But Geelong's ruck situation is absolutely dire and I'm not sure how long Chris Scott can go on basically forcing a no contest in the ruck. We'll probably see Smith back sooner rather than later because this is the second week in a row they've been smashed by the opposition ruckman.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

5. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How many other people are looking at Hogan going forward, has started amazingly well in 2018. We know of his overall talent, had the year from hell in 2017 with multiple factors to point to as to why he is under priced and knocked out a big 120 SC despite only kicking one goal.

He's had 16, 22 & 26 disposals in his 3 games, seems to be roaming up the ground a lot more. The counterpoint is that he's played the Geelong defence which is pretty weak at the moment, Brisbane and North Melbourne who are two of the weaker sides of 2018.

I'm considering him heavily as my out for Lobb if he misses next week.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really like Hogan but there are asterisks next to each performance. You've mentioned Geelong's weaker defence with Lonergan, Mackie and Enright having retired. There's also the issue that Brisbane have historically given up large scores to key forwards and in the game against North Melbourne, his likely opponent, Tarrant, was a late withdrawl. Whether or not those points outweigh the clear increase in disposals and the really impressive performances and scores is a much more difficult question.

At his price, I'm genuinely considering him if I decide Billings can't stay due to his own role which is completely out of the midfield in what's looking to be a poorer than average team.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its probably now or never for Hogan IMO. Marking forwards tend to slow down during the wetter months, you want to own them now while the weather is better suited to their game. Hogan has been super impressive though, really like his role this year.

Its a shame all the rookies are coming in so early. Richards looked really good as that attacking HBFer, finds the ball a lot and tackles well too - would think he stays in for a fair run. Henry was great against the Eagles, but the Cats have a lot of experience to come back in so he is a riskier trade. I really like Crowdens game too, he is the sort of rookie Ross would love - just a hard nugget of a kid.

Esava is the interesting one though. Straight back into the side after being a late out in R2 and given a pretty important role. Thought he did quite well vs Naita/Lycett all things considered and he looks a pretty natural lead up forward. Blew up early in R1 but seemed to run out R3 a bit better - 68% tog in R1 and 86% tog last round. Admittedly thats because the Cats were down so many rotations, but in any case he didnt blow up like R1. Team selection this week will say a lot.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not the right thread but sounds like 6-8 for Liam Ryan so would be a forced trade for most this round
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just brought him into my sc as well...

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, guess he's gotta go. Can't really risk a slow return and not back before byes.

Real shame, the kid was showing some real form.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a real shame, was looking pretty good.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so lost without the Genie!

ended up doing the double trade to bring in Murphy & Bonner, didn't really go to plan this week but happy enough.

Zorko is crushing me at the moment, lost about 130 points over what others have in that spot, not much I can do though now.

doesn't seem to be any decent options for Ryan?

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If named again this week, I would expect a lot of people to jump on Higgins from Richmond.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brutal weekend: four tons, ten scores below 80, resulting in a drop of 1200 places.

might do nothing this week, or potentially could sideways boak to gray. boak's been going ok but has relied on fast scoring bursts in the last two weeks to get himself up to a mediocre scores.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twarby View Post
    so lost without the Genie!

ended up doing the double trade to bring in Murphy & Bonner, didn't really go to plan this week but happy enough.

Zorko is crushing me at the moment, lost about 130 points over what others have in that spot, not much I can do though now.

doesn't seem to be any decent options for Ryan?
    Tell me about it, I keep checking the website each week and search BF hoping FFG will get updated.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed that Crowden is a M/F, might be a decent option for Ryan to link with Garlett.
    Only ever talking SC

18. Likes Bunga liked this post