WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 3 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Has naughton looked that bad as a player or more his scoring that you're concerned about?
    A few factors:

1. The team as a whole has been really lacking defensive pressure so he has been unable to find the time to intercept the ball and instead is having to be led by the attacker and he's getting beaten quite a bit like that
    2. His kicking has been really poor so far. It was an issue as a junior, however, he looked much better in preseason. Now it seems he has reverted back to his poor kicking ways.
    3. With the injuries we're having to our defender (Morris, Adams and now Trengove), coupled with the poor form of key backs (Roberts, Collins), I'm worried he's going to have to become more defensively minded going forward.

All that being said, Naughton has so far performed better in DT where his poor kicking isn't an issue. If the players up the field could bring the pressure needed, Naughton can still be a solid scorer, however, given his premium pricing, he might not make much money and there are potentially better options out there, both higher and lower priced. In the end, I've moved him on in SC for Bonner and kept him in DT.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's be real not many 18 years olds come into the league and dominate as a KPD straight away in a team getting mauled. He's been thrown in the deep end and I have no doubt he's scoring will look a little better if the dogs improve. That being said as Divvy mentioned his kicking efficiency has been a real concern.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least his JS is solid. I've gotta decide whether to trade him to Murphy. I reckon I'll hold. It's probably not at the level of a "golden rule" of fantasy but I never like to trade a bloke who's playing. Murphy is prob in the polar opposite position in terms of JS and his scoring is very goal dependent. I was actually surprised Fogarty got dropped ahead of him. I'd be interested to hear from the Adelaide boys on this.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    At least his JS is solid. I've gotta decide whether to trade him to Murphy. I reckon I'll hold. It's probably not at the level of a "golden rule" of fantasy but I never like to trade a bloke who's playing. Murphy is prob in the polar opposite position in terms of JS and his scoring is very goal dependent. I was actually surprised Fogarty got dropped ahead of him. I'd be interested to hear from the Adelaide boys on this.
    I think Fog was expected to go out, canít be too tall. Murphy is competing with Knight/Galucci who are returning from injuries. I reckon will hold spot as long as performing, but now that Knight/Galucci are nearly ready, canít afford any slip ups.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

5. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Murphy's pressure work is excellent as is his ability to run out the game which Fog was struggling with so not surprised by it at all, he's basically holding down the Charlie Cameron spot from last year and been good.

I don't see a good reason to trade Naughton unless you're netting the cash to make a significant upgrade elsewhere. Naughton has actually scored decently in two thrashings that are actually bad matchups, GWS and the Eagles play two of the tallest forwardlines in the league meaning he's having to take a legitimate KPF instead of playing a floating intercept role. He scored much better in the JLT when they faced teams he could float off against more. Not expect much this week either for the same reason but I'd expect him to score very decently against Sydney, Fremantle and Carlton in the next 3 after that.

Mostly though you've got a rookie with decent JS who is playing and it's just hard to justify burning a trade unless you're missing a Holman or Kelly type who is scoring massive scores. Murphy has had basically an identical start in DT to Naughton and it's only a great ratio and a bad ratio, which are huge variables on rookies generally, that differentiates them.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

7. Likes dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm happy to hold Naughton unless he's in danger of getting dropped and even then, I'll probably wait until that happens.

As for Murphy/Fogarty, little disappointed Fog got dropped given his ability to crash a pack is huge and super exciting to see but as mentioned above, it's too hard to play 5 tall forward in Tex, Jenkins, Lynch, McGovern and Fogarty in the same time. I'm sure they could try push Lynch and McGovern up some but you lose a lot of forward pressure by doing so. Was hoping Fog could get involved in the St.Kilda beat down (hopefully) and shine but it wasn't to be. Should be a lot of pressure on McGovern to perform at the moment though as Fogarty has provided more in the first couple of rounds so McGovern now has some pressure on his position.

As for Murphy, his attack and defensive pressure has been impressive and there really isn't anyone competing for his position just yet. Knight plays his first SANFL game this week so I dare say he'll need 2-3 before he's due for AFL selection and we could even then look at dropping someone like Atkins if he keeps up his terrible form ahead of a Murphy type.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Actually think Fog is mobile enough that he's not really a key forward, the problem is his tank doesn't allow him to sustain pressure or his leading late into games, he's almost like Roughy where you get the KP stuff but also the mid sized forward stuff. I think ultimately he could end up a midfielder anyway but that's even further away on the tank side of things.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Zuthrie safe in the team?
    my only options if i was to get rid of Naughton would be
    Naughton > Murphy
    Zuthrie > Bonner.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Given the injuries to Taylor and Henderson I think he is safe at least for the medium term. I like him. Heís a good decision maker and decent user of the footy.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    The main reason I didn't start him was because both Tex and Lynch were out and whilst not all of our talls play super tall. Fog in with the other 4 might be pushing it too far. Which is what I said at the time it looked like he was going to get named for R1.

I think he'll be back in the side again this year, as he wasn't dropped for his performances and he impressed a lot with what he put out. If there is a 3-4+ injury to any of our core four talls then he looms as a good downgrade target as he has the two games in his system already.

But he's not as small as Murphy and we need that second genuine crumber now that Cameron is off lighting it up for Brisbane. I think Murphy's JS is pretty good for a few more weeks as Knight and others build fitness in the SANFL.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos