Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 3 Trades

Can never decide if it's round 2 trades after post round 2 and round 3 having not yet started or round 3 trades for the up and coming round 3

Anyways, would expect plenty of options to be considered this week.

- For those with Matt Crouch, it's likely he'll have to be moved on as I suspect he'll be out for 3-4 weeks (still no official word on how bad).
    - If you picked Rocky, you'd be wishing you went with 1 less player this season after an average of 42.5
    - Z.Merrett at a 50.5 average is hardly any better but players do typcially come back slower after being knocked out so I think you just have to live with that one.

Those are all my issues at hand with the first two being the ones I'll likely trade.

As for the options of interest or guys that I'm missing that stand out:
    - Liam Ryan/Daniel Venables. More so Liam Ryan for myself, I didn't end up picking any of the West Coast forward rookies but after seeing Ryan for the first time on the weekend I'm rather interested in him as he looked fantastic. A real excitement machine with his ability to fly and get into a position to have a shot on goal (ended up with a team high 6 scoring shots).
    - Matt Taberner, I haven't seen any mention of him and I really know sfa about the bloke tbh. That said, he's gone back to back 90's in RDT after coming off pre season game scores of 87 and 128. I won't be bringing him in myself as I have more pressing issues but looks to be a decent option based off his early scoring.
    - Tim Taranto has gone 112 and 91 in his first couple of games, cheap forward option too.
    - Coniglio, Gibbs, Steven, Oliver, Whitfield etc are all off to a great start.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 3 Trades

I know I've said it before but it's a shame CEY didn't get a bigger discount given he only played 2 games in 2016 for a 79 average and none last year - would have thought he'd get the ~40% discount in 2017 on his price and then a big discount on that given he played nothing last year.

Still working into it but he showed some nice signs against Richmond and with Matt going down, he's likely to have a nice role I'd imagine. 28 touches, 8 marks, 7 tackles and a goal for 121 DT (SC not so good at 97). He still fumbles a bit but there's something about him as a player I like, think it's his size, ability to wear a tackle which gives him a little more time to decide what he wants to do with it - pretty good at extracting it out, using it could do with some work but he's still raw.

Still surprised no other club was interested in him last year, big bodied midfielder would have surely offered something to one of those lower down weaker clubs, their loss I suppose.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taranto is tempting from a SC pov, looks to have quite a lot of midfield rotations at the moment and is scoring very well as a result. I think Hopper is the guy to come back in that can only really play in the middle and push him out, and even then Taranto has the form over Hopper for that role anyway. Only a second year player but a lot of the kids these days dont suffer second year blues like generations past. At 360k he needs to be a keeper if you trade to him, risky selection but huge upside. GWS mids in general are all fairly injury prone so you would think he will get the mid minutes as long as his form is good.

Westhoff is the guy im looking at closely this week. Port looked a lot better when Dixon was the primary ruck and Hoff was able to go back to do his normal Hoff things, so I think that would be the plan till Ryder is back. Hoff has been on the cusp of proper premium status for a number of years, to me he is one of those players that greatly benefits from a good team around him - and Port this year looks the goods so far.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SC mid pricer strategy has failed abysmally at this stage. GnR approach leaves me inside the top 5% in DT, but I'm at the tail end of the top 30% in SC. Guess it might be the case that I started the wrong mid pricers, but reckon the strategy only works if you nail the right ones and it requires a fair amount of luck to do so.

DT seems solid: most premo's are performing at the required level, rookies look sound and the upgrade path seems straightforward. Will move Crouch to Oliver this week, and probably shift Hibberd to Simpson. Hibberd's role looks poor and it will be a long year if it continues in the same vein, whereas concerns I had about Simpson with Docherty out seem ill founded.

SC is a complete mess and I have no idea of what to do. Will probably downgrade Rioli/Salem to a rookie and upgrade one of them to a premo.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

5. Likes Hodges, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting tweet from Freako re Hibberd :-

FantasyFreako

Lewis and Vince are permanent backs and Lever is there as well. He’s not linking up like last year and barely taken any kick ins. It all adds up.

Lewis/Vince are taking the majority of the kick-ins over him.
    His role concerns are real, I am seriously considering moving him on now before his price plummets - it reminds of what happened to Heath Shaw last year when Wilson/Williams took his points.

Ironically, Shaw is one of the options I am strongly looked at for Hibberd
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Shaw has looked good again this year, not as good as Simmo who would be my first target but still good. Savage is the one who has impressed me, thought he has been average in both games and hasnt had the ideal role (not taking many kick ins) and yet has still scored two 90s. Has a lot of upside when he actually starts playing well.
    Only ever talking SC

8. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Yeah Shaw has looked good again this year, not as good as Simmo who would be my first target but still good. Savage is the one who has impressed me, thought he has been average in both games and hasnt had the ideal role (not taking many kick ins) and yet has still scored two 90s. Has a lot of upside when he actually starts playing well.
    Agree - I would like Simpson (he is my number 1 pick) however I am looking at doing a double trade & moving Naughton on for Bonner also (Bonner looked great again to me on the weekend, great role/passed the Sydney in Sydney test) - by going Hibberd > Shaw I have the cash to do that thus allowing me to field Doedee & Finlayson as my only back rookies which I am very comfortable with.

I watched Naughton closely with WCE playing the dogs on the weekend, his disposal issues are real - personally don't think he is ready for AFL just yet. Bevo swung him fwd in the 2nd half which further concerns me, Bevo seems to swing players around a lot (Wood played back this week for example). The dogs were putrid on the weekend (sorry @divvydan ) & there is no doubt in my mind that they will be making many changes so I think Naughton's JS is very shaky, wouldn't be surprised at all to see him dropped this week.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

As someone who has been torched at least twice by Savage, the word is IF he starts playing well

I never really considered Hibberd because of the preseason information. Lever was a factor but Lewis was the bigger one for mine, he's not some kid getting a chance in the preseason, he's a veteran showing a clear role change which tends to stick more.

I still think Hibberd can come good but I always looked at him as a 90-95 guy after the changes and not a 100+ guy that his starting price required.

Also agree that Simpson is numero uno to consider, he's been great and is proven in every way.

Shaw still has concerns with Finlayson taking kick-ins and I dare say that with his kicking will only cipher more ball away as the season goes on. Actually think by season end they'll basically have Whitfield and Finlayson as supercharged versions of Williams/Wilson impacting Shaw.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Matt crouch gone for 3.

Also no ffgenie this year

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Also no ffgenie this year
    Massive shame, was the best tool going around.
    Given how much the website layout changes each year would have been a massive job each year to get it up and running and only have 1 week to get it done.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those considering Bonner in SC, what do you think of Cam Ellis Yolmen instead? CEY is 6k more expensive but has a few more runs on the board at AFL level. Averaged 92 over the first 5 games of the 2015 season before some hammy issues and sub vests ruined his scoring for the rest of the year. Looks to have a good role for the next month with Crouch out and has the better second score in his rolling average compared to Bonner. Neither will be a keeper, but given the roles I would think CEY is more likely to average 90 than Bonner and make that quick cash.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For those considering Bonner in SC, what do you think of Cam Ellis Yolmen instead? CEY is 6k more expensive but has a few more runs on the board at AFL level. Averaged 92 over the first 5 games of the 2015 season before some hammy issues and sub vests ruined his scoring for the rest of the year. Looks to have a good role for the next month with Crouch out and has the better second score in his rolling average compared to Bonner. Neither will be a keeper, but given the roles I would think CEY is more likely to average 90 than Bonner and make that quick cash.
    Whilst all this is true, CEY is listed as a mid not a defender like Bonner - most are looking at either moving Naughton on or downgrading Hibberd.

15. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Langdon (GWS) out for 4 weeks with a fractured hand.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Whilst all this is true, CEY is listed as a mid not a defender like Bonner - most are looking at either moving Naughton on or downgrading Hibberd.
    That is a fair point.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Langdon (GWS) out for 4 weeks with a fractured hand.
    Amazingly I only have him in LOL... rejoice!!!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter