SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 2

Demons vs Lions - Was a solid game, good tackle pressure from both sides, Demons jumped the Lions and then faded hard as they lost focus a bit, Lions came storming back before they just ran out of steam at the end and a few crucial mistakes cost them.

Demons - Same as last week where they were good early then completely lost focus through the middle of the game and then finished well. Still playing a fairly physical style based on pressure up forward and precise kicking on the rebound. They look a good side to me.

Hogan - Huge game from him, love his role. It's about 80% FF but a highish FF role as they clear things out for him and the other 20% is spent in the midfield which keeps him involved and provides a few extra avenues to score. Not sure I'd be trading into him but for those who started I'd be pretty happy with what I've seen.

Oliver - Just a beast, he got stronger and stronger as the game went on, for a guy whose question mark entering the league was his engine it's just absurd how quickly he's built an elite engine to go with all his other gifts. Love the way he plays.

Garlett - Massive game, just played brilliantly. Obviously not fantasy relevant but deserves a mention!

ANB - Solid role and game without being special, still on the HF.

Gawn - The ultimate almost game. He must have had hands on about 10 marks that would have been a couple of goals as well, just a beast and the conditions were rough (no rain but very moist and slippery). No worries about his form.

Petracca - Similar to Gawn to be honest, his role was fantastic, I'd say he basically had the flipside of Hogan, he swapped into FF when resting on field and was midfield the rest. He also had a couple of good chances that just slipped through his hands, hasn't done it yet but in that role I'd expect he'll average around the 100 mark at seasons end and he just feels on the edge of a huge score. Very happy with the pick still.

Hibberd - His role is fine but he's not taking kickins at all from what I can see and there are just too many cooks taking points from each other (Lewis, Vince, Jetta on kick ins, Lever on intercept role). I still think he's the best combo of the pair and he should be solid but I'm giving it 8 weeks to work things out from here. Watching as an upgrade target.

Fritsch - Solid game, missed basically the whole 3rd quarter after copping a monster winding from an awkward knee from Gardiner. Looks the goods, reminds me an awful lot of Brad Green in the way he moves and kicks. He just looks a solid 60-80 type to me.

Salem - His scoring is still just shocking given his role. He also just couldn't buy a good bounce. For some stubborn reason I'm still watching him as a target as his role will either result in points long term or he'll be out of the side but if he gives a sign of scoring then I'm ready!

Lions - Loved their fight and but for their terrible disposal they could have won this game, were probably the better side for 3/4 of the game. They look a lot more settled structurally this season.

Zorko - Copped a pretty tight tag from Vince and did a good job to fight through it. Didn't have the freedom on the outside which really hurts his SC as his metres gained goes way down but he looked a lot better this week and if he can start beating tags and impacting in other ways then he'll stop seeing them a lot sooner.

Taylor - He's a sneaky DT option, he's far too shit a player to be a SC option, but he's playing a nice HF/Mid role and getting a lot of it. Like any bad player that gets lots of the ball there is that balancing point where you value that he gets the ball where others aren't but also hate that his having it creates goals. Like a poor mans Hanners basically. But if he keeps getting outside mark+kick and a decent amount of tackles he's on the fringe of DT relevance as a forward.

Christensen - His role didn't look any different to last week, the Lions were just more competitive and gave him plenty of chances and he took them. If he can put up 60 on the bad weeks and 100 on the good he'll do his job. Owners should be happy with how he looks.

Mathieson - Another who is worth watching very closely, only more so in SC where his contested nature is gold. Had him in a draft or two as a FWD listed option, no idea why he missed last week, he's already their 3rd best midfielder for mine and probably their best in the clearance area. He should push 95 if they play him in the right role.

Witherden - He's worth watching as an upgrade target for mine. Takes kick ins and does some really nice things. He built very nicely in this game and I reckon he's on the verge of bouncing back to that 95+ type he showed the potential of last year.

Beams - Started well and then faded as one would expect after his preseason, he's a very relevant upgrade target now after that score filters through. Will watch closely.

Martin - Similar to Gawn really, he was a lot better than his score and the slippery conditions didn't help his natural game. Looked good to me.

Cox - Like the look of him, he's one to watch for the future, reminds me a lot of Johannisen in the way he plays and moves. The sooner the Lions can get him and Witherden backing themselves off half back to really attack the better, they're game breaking talents.

Rayner - Stuck deep forward and just looks lost there for the most part. Basically does all his work when he can push into more natural positions.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Hawks vs Cats - I was half awake for this game so bare with me but it was one of those "fun" games that was really only any good in the last 10 minutes when it was close and the pressure started to happen. It actually felt like the polar opposite of Swans vs Port game, while that one was an intense physical game with huge pressure throughout this one felt like a JLT game where both sides were happy to work on their ball movement for 3.5 quarters before they knuckled down and got serious at the end and we saw some signs. No idea on what the takeaway from this game.

Hawks - Still don't seem that good, they managed to steal the win and they're a skillful group who will capitalise when the pressure is low but when the Cats started to apply some pressure they really did wilt under it, will be interesting to see how they go when they cop 4 quarters of pressure. Having said that they were probably still the better side given that neither side was intent on applying pressure for the most part. I'll also add something that I never, ever, thought that I would say but god did they get hosed by the umpiring, all game but especially in the 4th quarter when the umpires literally let the Cats do whatever they wanted, you know the umpiring was horrific against the Hawks if I see it

Mitchell - What a beast. Honestly, his ratio was brutal imo. There shouldn't have been a player within 25 of his SC he was that much better than anyone else in my eyes.

McEvoy - Took advantage of the Cats absurd selection decision to drop Smith for Stanley, I have no idea what that was about but good on him. He looks really solid so far.
    m
    Gunston - Solid game but these are the type of games he should score 100 as it was wide open and in his half for most of the game.

Hardwick - Like him as a potential keeper next season with an extra year in him. To be honest I wouldn't be shocked if he gets close this year. Just a good user, calm and works well into space.

Impey - Better game, worse role if that's possible. Seemed to be basically a full time forward this game.

Roughy - Solid game that could have been even better if he'd not kicked so poorly which is out of character. In the backup ruck role as well which was a huge part of his past fantasy glory. He's a very strong upgrade target for me.

Sicily - Had an almost game as well, did not benefit from the zero pressure being applied through the middle. Cats had something like 20 I50 in the first half and like 15 shots because they basically just training drilled it forward. Zero concerns about his role or scoring though, still the clear intercept guy, preferred kicker as well.

O'Meara - Another strong start and fade. He looks ominous though, ready to break out, imo.

Rioli - Going to be cheap and he's got some previous chops but need to see a bit more from him, just isn't getting to enough contests just yet.

Cats - Lifted in the 4th quarter but they were pretty awful for the rest of the game where their pressure level was just unacceptable. No ruckman really hurt them because in a low pressure game the last play you want the ball is consistently in the defensive 50 because the opponent is getting first use. It was weird to see the level the two sides could hit compared to the level they played the game at and I wonder which one is more reflective of where the sides are at.

Ablett - Another generous ratio, imo but he sure looks ominous. He's worth considering as a pick if you're backing the Cats medical staff (or just have no faith in the Suns more relevantly). While I think he's putting up better numbers than his play he's also on the edge of ripping a game open.

Dangerfield - Massive last quarter when he lifted, great sign for the hamstring, but spent a lot of time forward and with the way the Cats were playing that hurt. Not sure how to take this game, role was not as good as in the past with him and Ablett both spending decent chunks forward and it took him a beastly last quarter to get near his breakeven level but at the same time he always has beastly quarters and he looked good when near the contest. I'm not rushing just yet to bring him in though.

Kelly - I thought he was better than last week and yet his ratio is where I expected it should be in this game Stud of a rookie though, his scoring means that we can focus on other areas for upgrades early on if he keeps it up. Still had great midfield time which is the key as he's far better in that area.

Selwood - He was solid and had the kind of ratio that I expected given his game, I thought Mitchell should have had the same type of ratio though so it's always interesting to try and guess a SC ratio! Didn't look hampered at all from the groin last week. Strong option for those with Crouch and another issue that they want to free cash up with.

Menzel - He's putting it together at last and while he still doesn't tackle his offensive skills in a forward line that is basically Hawkins and resting midfielders does stand out. He could push premium numbers for sure and should be watched closely.

O'Connor - Epic loophole destruction appearance from him. Looked alright, would be on the radar next week for Naughton in particular, imo.

Menegola - He's the clear loser in the Kelly and Ablett additions, he's stuck in a HF role that he's just not great at. Basically all his strengths are out the window right now.

Zuthrie - Much quieter game as you'd expect given the accountability needed against the Hawks smalls. Still decent though.

Fogarty - Role fell back noticeably with Danger back, he's certainly on the fringe when Duncan comes back. I wouldn't be chasing his R1 score.

Henry - Didn't notice him at all to be honest, wouldn't think he'd get another game straight away.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a Selwood owner, his ratio baffled me all game. I thought it was a solid game, but when he was leading all comers until Q4 when Titch and McEvoy overtook him.

Danger's game was basically par for his owners and those who didn't take him. Was looking like being a low 100 until that last 15 minutes where he tried his absolute best to drag them over the line so a 130 from there was a great salvage job. When he is on the ball he still looks like the undisputed best player in the competition, spending most of Q3 up forward wasn't great from an owners POV. He just needs one low score for his BE to skyrocket, but he's the best player who is approaching the peak of his powers with two of the best midfielders of the last decade flanking him. I'm nervous about him blowing up a massive score sooner, rather than later.

Outside of Geelong's top end, the rest of their team looks pretty average tbh, they conceded 74 points in a half and their defence looks incredibly fragile without Taylor & Hendo. For as great as their big 3 are, they got torched for inside 50s and Hawthorn showed that it is possible to cut them up if your skills are clean enough.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

4. Likes Narkee liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Danger score is incredibly frustrating as a non-owner, mainly because of how protected he is by the umps. One of the HTB calls against him that wasn't called ended up being +20 SC points for him because of the resultant goal. He would have scored 110 at best if the umps had actually called the game properly. Thats part of the Danger package though, he gets those calls.
    Only ever talking SC

6. Likes Notorious_29, Wheedus, Bunga liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    The Danger score is incredibly frustrating as a non-owner, mainly because of how protected he is by the umps. One of the HTB calls against him that wasn't called ended up being +20 SC points for him because of the resultant goal. He would have scored 110 at best if the umps had actually called the game properly. Thats part of the Danger package though, he gets those calls.
    This. I was watching it at the time & couldn't believe it - one of the most obvious holding the ball decisions you will ever see but wasn't called ....
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Danger's game was basically par for his owners and those who didn't take him. Was looking like being a low 100 until that last 15 minutes where he tried his absolute best to drag them over the line so a 130 from there was a great salvage job. When he is on the ball he still looks like the undisputed best player in the competition, spending most of Q3 up forward wasn't great from an owners POV. He just needs one low score for his BE to skyrocket, but he's the best player who is approaching the peak of his powers with two of the best midfielders of the last decade flanking him. I'm nervous about him blowing up a massive score sooner, rather than later.
    This is my dilemma this week, agree he just needs one bad score to drop his price a fair amount, but then you don't want to miss his massive score especially as captain.
    Question is which score will come first?

I don't want to miss that killer score and given Danger will be a bit of pod now I'm trading him in for Crouch this week.

9. Likes Narkee, Big Sledge #32 liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@ADAM CurleyMedia
    Follow Follow @ADAM CurleyMedia

Toby Greene restricted to rehab running, no footy training this morning. Must be a slim chance to face Swans. So important to GWS but big risk to play him.
    Also hearing Jack Higgins is a big chance to debut this week.

Rumours that C Ellis will be an out along with Caddy (suspended) with Higgins & Vlastuin replacing them.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    This is my dilemma this week, agree he just needs one bad score to drop his price a fair amount, but then you don't want to miss his massive score especially as captain.
    Question is which score will come first?

I don't want to miss that killer score and given Danger will be a bit of pod now I'm trading him in for Crouch this week.
    He's currently in about 20% of teams. That number will only get higher as the rounds go on.

The other issue is, no matter how high his BE ever gets. He is still a massive chance to hit it.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Wogitalia (or anyone else), curious if you happened to watch the GWS game and if you did, your thoughts on Kelly? Scored fine however upon looking closer, he only had the 18 touches with a monster 15 tackles next to his game to boost his score up. Just curious as to whether he just couldn't really find it or if he was played out of position somewhat? I don't imagine they'd move him out of the midfield given how much of a gun he was, just stood out to me as he didn't go under 21 touches last year.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Going to try and watch that one tonight as Kelly vs Oliver is my big decision.

Danger had probably 3 HTB that ended up as contested handballs instead, the umpire golden ticket is the next level

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    @Wogitalia (or anyone else), curious if you happened to watch the GWS game and if you did, your thoughts on Kelly? Scored fine however upon looking closer, he only had the 18 touches with a monster 15 tackles next to his game to boost his score up. Just curious as to whether he just couldn't really find it or if he was played out of position somewhat? I don't imagine they'd move him out of the midfield given how much of a gun he was, just stood out to me as he didn't go under 21 touches last year.
    Kelly was tagged-reckon its a good sign that he still found a way to score well
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

15. Likes dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Magpies vs Giants - Surprisingly good game, Pies brought exceptional pressure and the Giants had to play some pretty good football to get the win. if the Pies could have done anything going inside 50 or even kicked straighter they'd have got the win. 3 game ending injuries meant rotations and positions were a bit all over the shop so hard to tell whether some of the stuff I'll mention below were genuine moves or forced.

Giants - Played decently, have to worry that they got bullied by the Pies a bit but they got the win so I guess that's all they really need.

Whitfield - Off half back again and stayed there even after Scully went down, this move looks to be permanent, his scoring has been outstanding as well. Probably only really an option in LOL where he should get DEF positioning.

Coniglio - Bloody brutal ratio here, he was the game winner, 2 goals in the last quarter to win the game, mostly contested ball, ton of clearances just an exceptional game. I'd have thought he'd have a 150+ score from a 120DT just watching the game.

Kelly - Salvaged a good score with his tackling but I don't really have an explanation for his overall game, Pies were attentive to him at stoppages with Sidebottom, Brown and Thomas all paying him close attention but there wasn't any real tag that I could see and he had plenty of midfield time, there wasn't really a good explanation other than just a down game for him. The only other factor worth mentioning is the amount of Giants midfielders which means you have to be efficient with your midfield minutes which I guess he was with his tackling but didn't find much pill.

Taranto - HF role pushing up into the midfield and he looks the goods. Probably a 90ish type given the depth of the side but he's worth a punt for the gamblers out there! Looks much better than last year already.

Finlayson - Kid is a jet of a player. Taking most of the kickins again, hitting targets on almost all his touches and winning most of the one on one contests as well as providing some help defense. As ridiculous as it seems, he's got legitimate keeper potential this year.

Deledio - Started on a wing and spent the whole game there, still didn't look close to his best but did look much better than last week and showed some good signs. The role is there so if he can stay fit and build some form he's worth watching also.

Shiel - Spent a lot of time forward and seemed to be the odd man out this week in the midfield. So good though.

Shaw - Role was good, mostly loose across half back, benefited from the Pies still thinking he was on their team with half their kicks but he looked solid overall, worth consideration.

Lobb - Just watching the game and knowing what his final SC was (but not his final DT) I was pretty surprised at how bad he was. I didn't notice the 11 clangers and most of his marks should have been graded contested including a couple of intercept. He faded late in the game as well but honestly he actually looked pretty good to me.

Cameron - He could have had a monster game, kicked at least 3 and maybe 4 out on the full of which only one was even a difficult shot. He looks ominous.

ZGL - He looked really good, seemed to break the hand early in the first and played out the game which is a great effort. Honestly the way he played I reckon he's a good chance to come straight back in when he's healthy. Strong downgrade target now.

Magpies - Really good effort from them, if they had any decent forwards or an ability to hit small forwards on the lead instead of playing like they've got Wayne Carey, Plugger and Stewie Loewe all up there to clunk it then they'd be scary with their ability to win the ball and get it forward. This was a pretty good loss as far as it can be.

Grundy - Dominated. Looked really good and was actually decent in the ruck work as well which is how he managed the good ratio. He could well be the top ruck in both formats outside maybe Gawn if he can play like this.

Pendles - Had a big first quarter in the midfield where he was great before switching to half back, especially in the 2nd half, which slowed his scoring down significantly. Was also rucking at times in what was just a weird game. I think that Buckley's obsession with trying to not play him in the midfield is cooking his fantasy value a bit.

Howe - Started off opposed to Cameron and was struggling, rare good coaching move by Buckley when he put Scharenberg onto Cameron and freed up Howe to intercept all day. He just looks so good doing it. Minor concern that they threw him forward towards the end of the last quarter as they're desperate for forward targets.

Scharenberg - Loves to get involved in the switching of play. Looked really solid for them.

Treloar - Basically played full forward from QT onward, did a decent job at it but a real concern, have to assume there is something wrong if you've got him locked at FF and given his history I'd back groin. Maybe they're trying to Toby Greene him otherwise?

Stephenson - Really solid game from him. He looks on edge for a big score, role is really strong and he shows some really good things.

Murray - Really solid also. Love his dash, reminds me a bit of Saad to be honest the way he runs and carries. Unlucky a couple of times that he just messed up the kick and undid his good work but he also looks like he could have a big score at any time.

Have ignored a few guys like Ward, Adams and Crisp as I think they've all basically shown that they're not quite premium level right now but they were all decent without being great in this game.

17. Likes dylan123, Hodges, Bunga liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Hardwick - Like him as a potential keeper next season with an extra year in him. To be honest I wouldn't be shocked if he gets close this year. Just a good user, calm and works well into space.
    Noticed him last year and the possible potential to become a keeper, gets amongst the chipping across hb racking up marks and a good user of the ball by foot.
    Also a good defender, has slotted into that Guerra role very nicely.

Been picking him up in keeper and draft leagues along with dfs as not many know him.

19. Likes Hodges liked this post