Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 2

Surprised Fogarty got a fine, thought that was just a free kick/50.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

full lockout in AF and RDT in 20 mins

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Surprised Fogarty got a fine, thought that was just a free kick/50.
    at 1st I though the fine was for the melee he started and they spotted something which started it.
    didn't realise it was for that late swinging arm.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KickItToButch View Post
    at 1st I though the fine was for the melee he started and they spotted something which started it.
    didn't realise it was for that late swinging arm.
    You might be right, I assumed it was for the late swinging arm.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

This is commitment but stayed up until 1:30am to watch the Kangas vs Saints atrocity and given I was up already I actually watched the entire thing.

What a shit game but I feel like it sums up how my week is going so far...

Kangas - Were less shit but god they are bad, had they been playing against something more intimidating than some black painted witches hats that would have been ugly.

Goldstein - Solid game, given the competition and the result though I'd argue it was a pretty poor outing. Missed an easy goal and his shit midfielders not being able to collect the ball or dispose of it must have cost him 10 HOtA through the game but those midfielders aren't going to get better all of a sudden. If you'd told me the team would win and Goldy would ruck against Bruce for the majority of the game I'd have expected a 150+ outing. Still, better than some of the crap he dished up last year so take the win, not like I've had any so far this round!

Jacobs - Is cheap enough to at least be worth looking at this week with that score in his rolling average now. He played a really solid game to be honest and showed the ability to win the ball a bit when not having to be too accountable on account of playing witches hats.

McDonald - Role was shit, scoring wasn't much better. Typical Scott brother BS here... somehow "midfield move" means "demotion to back pocket" when talking about players. Luckily got involved in the late junk to salvage something...

UDL - Much better game for him though, again, it's against witches hats so hard to read much into it. Used it well, won it when he needed to and was much improved with his defensive work. I'd expect this game is closer to his mean than last week's outlier personally.

How does such a truly bad team have so few fantasy relevant guys?

Saints - Well that's an early candidate for worst performance of the season. They made the Dockers and Dogs look good last week. No heart, no system and just a mess of a game plan. I'll never understand why coaches want their best players rotting out of position. Steven must have spent most of the 3rd quarter at FF as the game was slipping away and even more of it in Q4. Billings couldn't buy a midfield minute as again their best player spent the whole game chilling on a flank waiting for the spuds to get the ball down there, which they couldn't. Acres who was great last week was also rotting on the opposite flank almost with orders to not push up the ground. Their effort as a team was terrible but they were well and truly handcuffed by their tactics as well...

Steven - Can only assume there was some kind of injury here as he was basically keeping the side in the game in the first half before being sent to Siberia to chill for the 2nd half. I just don't understand AFL coach logic otherwise. I mean honestly what part of "I'd rather have my best midfielder sitting in the goal square and let the ball go in the opposite direction" makes more sense that "I don't care who is in the goal square because my best midfielder is going to put the ball there and we can work from there".

Webster - He was the Saints clear cut best player in this game, only player who seemed to remember that kicking is important, hit targets and took the game on. Of course the aforementioned tactic of "sacrifice the midfield" meant he had a metric shit ton of supply.

Acres - Scored really well all things considered but he also got the "stay forward, we'll win by letting them go inside 50 all day" tactic. Looks a very relevant pick though given the ways he found to score. Was their backup ruck in my opinion before the Longer injury with them happy for him to go against Waite/Brown, that's important as he'll basically get a prime midfield role for a chunk of the game if it continues.

Ross - Has clearly slipped back behind Steven in the midfield and Armitage is also in the way to him scoring. Worth watching for a bounce back at some point as he's likely going to get cheap. Was tagged by Jacobs but I'd hardly call it a hard one by tagging standards.

Armitage - Second game in a row he's started great and then basically stopped scoring. Given he looks fat and out of shape that's a pretty telling issue, imo.

Savage - What an epic ratio given the game he had. He had a patch in the 4th quarter where he had a FA clanger leading to a goal against, into a run and carry then pump it out of bounds on the full clanger that netted him 8 SC points. Basically carrying it 15 metres was worth like 20 points. He really does rack up the metres gained though which is his key and given he basically kicks long always he gets effective disposals on top of it. I'd say he's had two poor games and basically he's broken even so far. He basically plays the SC system to a tee. As underwhelming as he's been I reckon if I'd started him I'd be pretty damn happy so far, especially given the Saints look like their gameplan is going to be "lose the midfield battle as thoroughly as we can" which means epic supply.

Billings - Pretty good result all things considered, that being that he was rotting up forward. He was involved in just about all the Saints goals and if his teammates weren't so terrible could have had more. I counted 4 times he kicked to his teammates advantage and they either messed it up and didn't get a shot or missed it so badly that their opponent marked it, butchering Billing's DE in the process. His role in a team that looked terrible is a bigger concern, that he was their only player who looked like creating anything other than Steven and that they seemed to be locked in a battle for who could get trapped deeper forward for most of the game is a big concern.

Long - He actually played well when the ball got near him. He might have been the only guy who got trapped deeper than Steven and Billings more consistently. Didn't see any reason to be sideways trading him in though given other rookies look to have better roles and scoring potential.

Clark - I was actually surprised when I checked his score in the 3rd quarter and he'd actually scored. I didn't notice him get the ball once up to that point other than the 3 times he got caught holding the ball. He seemed to switch into defense or get permission to go where the ball was in the 4th but would have to think his JS is shaky after this game, just looked off the pace and given they have to make changes after that gutless performance the rookies often pay the price. It wouldn't be the worst result from a fantasy perspective if he got dropped as he'll be back soon enough I'd think.

Hard to really say just how bad this game was, media will probably talk about the goal kicking but honestly that wasn't close to the worst part of the game. I'd argue that 3/4 of the tackles counted in this game were the "he was near the player when he shanked the kick/handball" type of tackle rather than actual physicality. It was just a bleedingly soft game with horrific skills. I actually had decent hopes for the Saints this year but after this game it sure looked like two teams fighting for the bottom 4.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

6. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love your dedication Wogi and you nailed it!

Goldy was doing hitouts to advantage to a tee and the North players either fumbled, didn’t get the disposal away or were flat footed so a Saints player sharked the hitout - urgh. That being said, he made up for it around the ground and he was scoring just as much when Longer went down, Bruce was probably better than Longer in terms of follow up, a few times he sharked Goldy’s hitout himself haha.

Big score feom Jacobs, after terrible Round 1 score. Not the worst short term option if someone had a midpricer they were downgrading and already had all the midfield rookies.

Savage loved a running bounce.. I’m fairly sure that’s worth 1 point every time, and he would have patches where he bounced the ball 3 times in 15 steps, including bouncing it as soon as he received it good work Savage
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think every coach thinks their best midfielder can play the Dusty role up forward. The problem is there is only one Dusty Martin. There is little point resting a small sized midfielder forward. Add to that Steven doesn’t have great foot skills and as Wogi says, it’s just a waste of a good player’s time on the field. I get that coaches are limited by interchange rotations and if that is the driver then sides like St.K are going to struggle.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Love your dedication Wogi and you nailed it!

Goldy was doing hitouts to advantage to a tee and the North players either fumbled, didn’t get the disposal away or were flat footed so a Saints player sharked the hitout - urgh. That being said, he made up for it around the ground and he was scoring just as much when Longer went down, Bruce was probably better than Longer in terms of follow up, a few times he sharked Goldy’s hitout himself haha.

Big score feom Jacobs, after terrible Round 1 score. Not the worst short term option if someone had a midpricer they were downgrading and already had all the midfield rookies.

Savage loved a running bounce.. I’m fairly sure that’s worth 1 point every time, and he would have patches where he bounced the ball 3 times in 15 steps, including bouncing it as soon as he received it good work Savage
    Yeah it's the easiest way to spot Savage when watching on an iPad with shady internet, the guy who bounces the ball before looking up

Even his out on the full is SC goodness because he carries 15 metres then kicks it 60m out of bounds!

As I said, his natural game actually is gaming the SC system so he can have a "poor" game like yesterday and produce a very solid SC game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    I think every coach thinks their best midfielder can play the Dusty role up forward. The problem is there is only one Dusty Martin. There is little point resting a small sized midfielder forward. Add to that Steven doesn’t have great foot skills and as Wogi says, it’s just a waste of a good player’s time on the field. I get that coaches are limited by interchange rotations and if that is the driver then sides like St.K are going to struggle.
    It felt like more than a rotation, would love the CB attendances as Steven just vanished from the game in the 2nd half and every time they bombed it long forward there he was.

The Billings thing just felt like they got told to hold a structure no matter what, there were only short bursts where he pushed up to where the ball was and the rest he was always that kick and a half down field that is great if they nail the first kick and nothing if they don't and they couldn't get close to it yesterday.

That Dusty role is just a tough role and the hardest part is finding the way to get the ball into the forward line when your best midfielders aren't there to do it. The Dockers last week were a perfect example, the ball basically can't get to Fyfe when he's not there to propel it. Saints it didn't matter really who was forward but they at least went forward when Steven was getting it (his kicking was terrible though). Really it was only when Billings had it that they looked like hitting a target.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with 120 from Goldy at the end of the day, additionally no chance of Preuss coming in when they're winning by 40.

For anyone that didn't have Dusty captain who are we looking at? Leaning towards keeping it on Titchell but Fyfe and Cripps loom as good options.

11. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For the 5 minutes of that game I watched, I hope it's the only prime time slot that either of those teams have this season.

13. Likes Wogitalia liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Happy with 120 from Goldy at the end of the day, additionally no chance of Preuss coming in when they're winning by 40.

For anyone that didn't have Dusty captain who are we looking at? Leaning towards keeping it on Titchell but Fyfe and Cripps loom as good options.
    Have you used your VC? I'd lean Cripps myself. Was going to VC Cripps but VC'd Goldy. 123 awkward score but I'm banking it. Scarred from Merrett last week (and Crouch this week for lots etcc!)
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McKay is playing vfl, good sign for kreuzer.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    McKay is playing vfl, good sign for kreuzer.
    Nope Kreuzer out replaced by Polson

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've been telling people all week that Levi has been rucking well - we are arguably too tall down back anyway, Weitering will play forward you'd think.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Have you used your VC? I'd lean Cripps myself. Was going to VC Cripps but VC'd Goldy. 123 awkward score but I'm banking it. Scarred from Merrett last week (and Crouch this week for lots etcc!)
    Literally don't have a non-playing player yet to use the loophole. Had Laird VC but happy to take the risk and go someone else instead of trading in a zero.

Only thing with Cripps is a fairly poor history of scoring at Etihad. But he should have a field day really against the Suns midfield.