Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JLT Preseason series

Nick Holman is looking like a good cheap bench option for the Gold Coast
    15 touches with 9 tackles and a goal.

looks like the midfield bench could be sorted.

Barry, Kelly, Holman.. with Brayshaw, LDU and Clark 6,7,8
    Last edited by KickItToButch; 4th March 2018 at 05:56 PM.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Tim Kelly limped off late
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Apparently Tim Kelly limped off late
    Just a corkie :-

Kelly racked up 13 disposals in his three quarters before being rested with a knock in the final term.

"He just copped a cork in a contest," Knights said.

"He could have kept playing, but it was one of those things where he'd played a fair proportion of the game up to that point.

"We just thought we'd get some ice straight into him and get him right for next week as quick as possible.

"I thought he was very composed and very good in the contest and we've certainly got something to work with there."
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

4. Likes Damion23 liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

WEST Coast is in danger of having only one fit ruckman for round one, with injury-plagued Nathan Vardy suffering another setback and star Nic Naitanui appearing increasingly doubtful to face Sydney.

Vardy will have scans after collapsing after a ruck contest in the fourth quarter of Sunday's scratch match against Fremantle at Lathlain Park.

The former Geelong big man, who overcame his body battles last year and played 22 matches, was helped from the ground in obvious pain.

"He's tweaked his groin a bit and it doesn't look great at the moment," midfield and stoppage coach Nathan van Berlo said.

"It's pretty unfortunate for Nathan to go down in the last quarter.

"He's pretty sore at the moment.”

More responsibility is set to fall on Scott Lycett coming back from a year ruined by shoulder issues.

The 25-year-old competed strongly against Dockers giant Aaron Sandilands and protégé Sean Darcy on Sunday and recently declared he was primed for a big impact in 2018.

"Scotty's had a fantastic summer, he hasn't missed a beat at training which his great for him off his disrupted season last year," van Berlo said.

"He's going to be happy to have more ruck minutes if Nathan isn't available in the weeks to come and depending what happens with what happens with Nic.”
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

6. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys long time. Have been watching a few preseason games so thought it was worth checking in.

GC v Cats

Cats brought in a pretty inexperienced side vs a pretty quality GC side and it showed. Dew has done wonders for the Suns already, their pressure on the ball carrier was pretty first class. Got a lot of scores early from forcing turnovers, could be something that makes the GC smalls more palatable from a fantasy perspective - more tackles, more goals from turnovers. The game was played in something like 35 degree heat and 100% humidity, so TOG %s are probably not what you expect.

Tim Kelly impressed - had a lot of good clearances early, has a knack for finding it and has good vision. Was playing midfield a lot though, dont know if he gets many of those minutes come season proper.

Darcy Macpherson looked really damn good to me. Not much to him, moved a lot like the league shortest player from the Dogs (cant recall his name). Very composed, ran to good spots and was used a lot as a link player. Price too awkward to pick you would think.

Holman was someone I wanted to watch and he had a pretty quiet first half. Second half just kept the score ticking along, played a variety of roles and I think he was more midfield second half. I honestly barely noticed him - partly because of the ridiculous screen size limit for the AFL live app. But one to watch next week for sure.

Gryan Miers was really lively in the first half playing a HFF type role. Looks a type, not sure he gets a gig early though.

Will Brodie was another guy I was keeping an eye on and he was okay. Big body stands out, though he didnt really have any periods where he dominated. Was hoping to see more TBH, next week will be key.

Jackson Thurlow - was a sneaky mid price option, hoping to see him play the Mackie role. Putting a line through him now, didnt see him play in defense in the first half.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Brodie could certainly be a rookie to consider at $187k SC. Essentially taking a bloke with an extra season and pre-season under the belt in terms of fitness and endurance. For him it's always been disposal that's the issue from memory, but great at the in and under stuff like clearances and contested possessions.

I think the Suns will surprise this year, they'll be better off without Ablett.

9. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Will Brodie could certainly be a rookie to consider at $187k SC. Essentially taking a bloke with an extra season and pre-season under the belt in terms of fitness and endurance. For him it's always been disposal that's the issue from memory, but great at the in and under stuff like clearances and contested possessions.

I think the Suns will surprise this year, they'll be better off without Ablett.
    They probably can't have a worse run with injury than they did last year which will make a massive difference. Eade's prehistoric game plan also wasn't helping the cause at all.

I struggle to see how they win many more games though. Their just ridiculously young at this point. That said they could have games where they all fire together and they get the win.

Health will be the main thing though, it can't be understated just how bad their medical department has been to date, whether that has changed is the big question.

They've actually got a lot of sneaky options across the board but they're almost all in either the full midprice range or the expensive rookie range.

The other big question would be whether anyone can hit premium numbers in their side, basically they have no one who is premium priced and you'd have to think that someone has to get the ball for them. The other question is whether Dew is going to play the veterans in position to try and win or whether he is more focused on development. Guys like Hanley, Barlow and Rischitelli are all great options if they're playing prime midfield roles and they're probably the top 3 midfielders after Swallow still but they're all not much as options if they're going to play peripheral roles.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Watched the Suns vs Cats game...

The commentary was again painful having to listen to Healy talk about how Tom Lonergan wont be playing in the first few weeks of the season, hint Gerard: he won't be playing the rest of it either given he retired. King is a git but he's much less annoying than Derm at least...

The game in general is hard to read much into, realistically both teams were missing several of their better players but the Cats were missing so many as to be almost unrecognisable and to remove any kind of positional value outside of the few guys playing clearly defined roles rather than a ton of midfield time that doesn't actually exist.
    Suns - They were really solid. attacked the man fiercely, actually seemed to have structures and a shape that they held. It's hard to garner how much of it is Cats related and how much was Suns but they showed some decent things, a lot of their squibbish guys in the past were going hard which is a great sign of coach buy in at least.

Brodie - Strong fantasy option, had a great role starting in the main midfield group, does a lot of nice things from a fantasy perspective and is cheaper than many of top draft picks. Ideally I'd like cheaper but he's probably at top of the class right now of the expensive guys.

Holman - Did a lot of nice things, especially pressure and hardness related. Played predominantly forward with a few bursts on the ball that I wouldn't expect to see when Swallow and Barlow but he did enough up forward to get a chance, dirt cheap.

Lynch - Was awesome, only played 3 quarters, and moving really well. Started fairly deep in Q1 then moved up the field in Q2 and was plucking a lot of his marks. I worry about the quantity and quality of supply this year, I'm pretty sure his scoring has been pretty strongly related to Ablett in the past couple of seasons but he looks fit.

Day - Was playing forward, he's too expensive given his scoring history but good to see him back and looked decent.

Young - Was also permanent forward, a strong indicator of his actual role to me. Too expensive to be relevant.

Bowes - Did a few nice things but still struggled to find enough pill or do enough other things to score well. Too expensive as well.

Hall - Was really solid, to be fair a lot his scoring was junk time where his superior engine over a whole bunch of under 21 guys really showed out but he was moving well and was playing a floating midfield role that should be lucrative. Has to be watched closely.

Hanley - Playing a defensive role, HBF, taking kickins. His score is flattering though because he junked about 30 points in the last 10 minutes. Did a few nice things but not the role I was hoping and given two more of their top mids to come in I dare say that Dew revealed his hand on where Hanley slots in as a structural piece down back. Looked to be fit though and if you're like me and think the Suns will be a pretty ordinary side then he'll get a ton of supply, was doing a nice job of waxing at the end in a sign of what he can do when games are out of hand.

Fiorini - Did some nice things as well but too expensive for mine as a mid only.

Sexton - Was really good and another who had no midfield time and thus looks to have a defined role. Kicking wasn't great but he found a lot of it. Probably too expensive given his scoring history includes a few games like this but has mostly been rubbish.

McPherson - Shame he is so expensive as he looks in great nick. Working really hard to create short options and great on the pressure act front. Too expensive for a small forward in a more than likely bad side.

Ainsworth - Did a few nice things up forward, another who had limited midfield time which is a decent indicator of where he sits. Too expensive to be relevant.

Rischatelli - This is the hardest one, he was playing back pocket all game, like Hanley I dare say this is a hand revealed as to where his position lies. He didn't do any kind of junking or really look to find the ball in general but I imagine when the real stuff starts that he could actually score decently in this role with Hanley, Harbrow and Kolo all not minding some cheap sideways action. The Suns were also playing a very high press so I think these guys can score decently even if the team does happen to be competitive or good even but given I again don't see them winning many games he'll have a ton of supply. Super awkward price at 250k where you'd need 80+ scoring to work out.

Witts - Looks really fit but Nicholls was also pretty decent though with Wright and Day also in the side I'd expect he'll get the #1 gig. He's certainly an interesting option given the lack of true #1 rucks right now.

Lemmens - Had a really decent game but blew a pinger at the end, was playing forward mostly and did some nice things. A other that is too expensive though.

Martin - A very intriguing option to me. Was playing a predominantly midfield role similar to Hall, just kind of floating between the wing and centre region and was at a lot of contests which allowed him to land a lot of tackles (he scored much higher than I expected as a result). If he adds tackles and a handful more touches he's a very fantasy relevant guy and his talent level and ball use could have him as their top midfielder. Probably the Sun who moved the furthest up my watch list into the very interesting speculative pick region. He finished last year pretty damn well and he's got that Merrett opportunity meets strong natural fantasy elements going into this season. Watching closely next game.

Cats - This game is super hard to read into, they played basically their reserves and gave about a 2 on the effort scale on top of that. It's hard to judge those guys who got midfield time and whether it will hold up and how they'll play in other positions but there were some decent signs.

Kelly - Super impressive player. I don't throw this praise around lightly but reminds me of Andrew McLeod in the way he moves and kicks. I fail to see any way he misses the round 1 side unless injured basically. He'd already be in their top couple of ball users, super composed and strikes me as a guy who could play HF, HB or midifield and contribute strongly. This game he had a lot of midfield time though (went off late in the 3rd with the aforementioned corky) and was just super clean. Honestly I'd have him ahead of all but the big 3 as a clearance player already for the Cats so will be interesting where he slots in.

Duncan - Looked fit and was just strolling around doing his best to not break a fingernail basically. I do think his role is under too much question to start with this year personally.

Tuohy - Was everywhere and looked great. Moved himself further up my radar and probably to the favourites of that awkward breakout premium group. They look like having a similar structure to last year but plenty of rebound to be had with Mackie now retired.

Menegola - Fit and did well. Like Duncan I still have some role concerns with him, Kelly is just a better clearance worker than him with his super clean hands and ball use and given that they've already got so many bulls to crash in I think the ball use might be more valuable. Still was solid.

Stewart - Seemed to be the guy who will pick up a chunk of Mackie's rebound, was taking the other kickins that Tuohy didn't. Solid enough hitout.

C. Guthrie - Was locked into defense all game, a clear structural move given how weak the midfield was, imo. Also took a bit of the rebound stuff. Probably the replacement for Mackie.

Gryan Miers - This guy is going to be one of the most hateable players in the league. Horrible bogan name, horrible hair and looks like he'll be a pest but he did some really nice things but he clearly was running on empty in the 2nd half so not sure he's ready to play AFL just yet and I'd imagine he's battling to take Parsons' role and scoring potential anyway, Parsons was pretty terrible though so that's a positive.

Thurlow - Did absolutely nothing, seemed to be up forward from what I could tell but I was shocked by his score and TOG stats, I figured he got hurt in the first 10 minutes and the commentators just didn't bother reporting it because I basically didn't see him after that period.

Constable - Did some really nice things and really hits in hard. Think he's the classic midfielder getting a chance now but not going to have the tricks to play other positions yet so wont play guy though.

Jamaine Jones - These feral spelling names... Did a lot of really nice things though. Like Constable got a ton of midfield time he wont sniff in the real stuff but was hard at it and while a bit fumbly at times was mostly clean with it. He did however show some forward nous as well which bodes well.

Menzel - Still does none of the defensive work that would help push him towards premium status and help his job security massively.

Blitz - Was playing KPF all game and wasn't terrible at it. Wonder where he fits in when Henderson and Taylor come into the side, imagine he's battling Kolo for the 3rd tall role when that happens but interesting move.

Fogarty - Same deal as Jones, got a lot of midfield time he wont but he was clean and sharp and loves the coalface. He could certainly get some early games as his mindset and body look ready. Reminds me a bit of Caleb Daniel in how he goes about it.

Gregson - Super awkward price but he did some nice things. He's just a lot better than Parsons at this point so should push him out of the side, if he can establish in their best 22 then he's an option, though not a good one. He was one of the guys who didn't get midfield time that you might have otherwise suggested which is generally a good sign that he had a clear role in the best 22 they wanted to see him in. The team was so bad he didn't get a great chance to do anything though.

Ratugolea - Showed some really nice signs after coming on in the 2nd half. Looks a much more natural forward than Stanley, Buzza or any of their other backup ruck options and while the only ruck contest I really noticed him in was kind of embarrassing he certainly looked to have the size to ruck. He'd be trying to be the 2nd tall/2nd ruck for them and he did his case no harm. Like the way he presents and applies pressure. Wouldn't shock me if he plays, would be more surprising if he scores well enough to warrant picking though.

12. Likes Athomas, Wheedus, Bunga, Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gryan Miers - This guy is going to be one of the most hateable players in the league. Horrible bogan name, horrible hair and looks like he'll be a pest
    Gold
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

14. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Watched the Pies vs GWS game.

Really interesting game, was very even for the first half, both teams very physical compared to the other games I've watched. Pies ran out of steam after half time and the Giants guns lifted and kind of blew them out of the water but I don't think it was as uneven as the score seems. Hard game to judge either side on given just how many guys are missing and that most of the names are apparently going to be fit for round 1.

GWS - They were really solid. Just ran hard all game and hit hard all game. No let up and the score reflected their superior fitness to mine. They had a stronger side, especially through the midfield but it was a lot of the kids that impressed me.

Kelly - Absolute jet. Looks super fit as always and just so much class, just waxed the ball with the other guns and I see no reason he can't sustain or improve last year.

Coniglio - Looked fit as a fiddle, he's still my biggest concern with Kelly that he'll steal a bunch of the contested stuff but he's a legit option himself, especially in the DT formats.

Shiel - Quiet first half, enormous second half. Spent a lot of time on the HFF and it seemed a genuine structural move. Will be very interesting to see as he was super dangerous in that role and they're overloaded with midfield options. If it happens it's basically the counter to my Coniglio fear on Kelly.

Shaw - Thought he was going to have scored a lot more when I checked at the end. He's rocketed back into my consideration, role was excellent. Biggest concern remains that Tomlinson steals rebounds off him but with the other two main thieves gone I'm probably picking him at this stage. Looked fit and his role was just what I wanted to see, HBF. Whitfield is perhaps a concern though.

Finlayson - He was enormous and I'd be shocked if he doesn't take Wilson's spot in the best 22. Raking left foot that he uses exceptionally, was pretty much flawless in his defensive work including a couple of nice intercept players and a couple of good one on one wins and was taking the kickins that Shaw didn't take. Lock him in as an on field rookie barring a selection shock.

Ward - Continued in the largely peripheral role he played last year, think his best scoring is behind him.

Cameron - Looked fit but was mostly deep and struggled to impact the game. Admittedly it was a tight and contested affair so not his style really.

Simpson - I thought he played really well and did his chances no harm but I hardly got a confidence that he'll be there long term. Only rucked the first half from what I could tell before going forward for most of the 2nd.

Flynn - Came on at half time and rucked most of the second half. Looks a good sort himself and I think the battle is actually close as to who they go with if Lobb is out. Simpson was better but Flynn showed some nice skills reading the play. Might not be the worst R3 option given Simpson's durability history and Lobb out early. (no idea if GWS guys make decent loopholes. He's DPP for that added worthless bonus.

Tiziani - Did some really nice things and certainly is a chance of early games and looks good enough to take a chance if he gets it.

Taranto - Couple of really nice plays but was largely missing for most of the game. Too expensive to be relevant as I can't see a keeper yet.

Lloyd - Had a really good game, not a lot of the pill but was hard at it all game and kicked a small bag. He's probably the leader for a small forward role if picking solely on this game.

Z. Langdon - He had a very specific role as the forward pocket and I was super impressed by him. His fantasy score was not great but he had one of those super unlucky games, missed a couple of gettable goals, had a few unlucky bounces, few kicks land short/long on him. He easily could have kicked 3 or 4. He's hard as nails, really solid unit for a small forward and he likes to throw it around. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he steals the FP role for them. Could easily see him do a Papley type rookie role/season.

Perryman - Did nothing to standout, this is both his gift and his curse I guess and the way to read it depends on whether he's in the r1 22 and trying not to fall out or if he needs to force his way in. Not fantasy relevant though.

Shipley - Never heard of him going into the game but he was super impressive as well. Played HFF, Wing and HBF through the game and was really decent at all of them though most natural off the HBF (coincidentally where the most spots are available!). Only 18 but ran the game out really well and another who I think put his hat in the ring.

Whitfield - Played HBF and Cameron (coach) indicated that this was a genuine role they want him in for round 1. I don't think it's good for his fantasy value but it could be. It's probably more significant for Shaw though, like Wilson he's a straight ahead player who doesn't look sideways with the ball, him doing that 5 or 6 times a game more than whoever else would play the role is the 20 points that Shaw dropped last season. At the same time, he's going to get all the attention if he does play there.

Collingwood - Ran out of steam after half time but I liked their first half. They're going to struggle to score all season because they really lack talent and I think they need to get smaller because they're trying to play a whole bunch of talls that are no good just for sake of tradition really but there were signs at least from a few guys.

Stephenson - Was impressive. Reminds me a lot of Whitfield in the way he moves and goes about it but a bit bigger at the same age and a lot more physical. Didn't see anything to suggest he can't be there round 1 and can't justify the premium. Started on the wing which was nice.

Pendles - Ticked the boxes type of game for him. Last qtr was strong, rest of the game he was out of position and just coasting. Think he's still a strong starting pick with a decent discount.

Maynard - One of the most interesting ones. Played midfield-forward this game and really threw his weight around in the guts as a big bodied midfielder. They seem committed to Adams and Crisp down back so they need that sort in there. I'd never really considered him before this game but with that role he's got to be watched super closely, it's the 95-105 type of role in SC (think Menegola sort) and he's a sub 400k defender. I'll be watching really closely in JLT2 with him. Was in the first midfield group.

Brown - Speaking of guys in the first midfield group. Really interesting game from him, 225k m/f with a strong contested and inside game getting midfield time is an interesting proposition. Not sure how much his role changes with Treloar and De Goey back but they were the only mids missing and all the minutes were mostly related to positional changes that have been spoken about and were followed through on. Another I'll watch very closely, don't see any reason he couldn't push towards an 80-90 average if the minutes hold up.

Adams - As mentioned, he played of the HBF. Didn't struggle to find it at all but I don't have any interest in a guy with his durability track record as a mid only playing HBF that can't kick. It just doesn't add up.

Mihocek - Was super impressive to mine. Swamped with ball but neither Patton or Cameron could get off his leash and he showed great instincts on the rebound and intercept side of things. Not sure if he's going to play round 1 but he has to be a real chance on the back of this outing but I'd be surprised if he doesn't become a downgrade option at some point. If I was the Pies he'd be playing round one (but Moore would be playing forward...)

Crisp - Took several kickins (Dunn and Langdon also took some and Howe will take them in the real stuff as well) and was providing decent rebound. Safe to say his average to close last year is what he probably is.

WHE - Was really solid, endless run. Mid only at his price is a no for mine though.

Sidey - Same old, started forward and then just roamed everywhere. Still feels like one year he puts it all together and averages 120 but I'm sick of trying to pick it!

Goldsack/Reid - Both playing as forwards. Which probably helps Mihocek and is the most fantasy relevant element to them.

Langdon - Looked fit and primed for a huge year. Had the primary intercept role, which will be Howe I'd think, and primary rebound role, ditto, but they look likely to have some decent supply down back. Not cheap enough for mine but has the potential to average big.

Cox - Actually had a really decent game, dropped a lot of marks, missed a couple of easy goals but presented well and brought it to ground. I'd still not be playing him if I was the Pies because I see that the league has gone small while they go taller and they've got better options as a forward and ruck but they seem committed to trying to make something of it.

Grundy - See above, I just don't have much interest with Cox there sabotaging him, he showed nothing as a forward still so just hard to see him scoring when he's not rucking.

Thomas - Very interesting one as well, had great midfield minutes and scored well, has always been a PPM beast and actually had some minutes. Will probably get pushed out again to rot in a forward pocket but he's intriguing as well if he gets real midfield minutes. Super awkward price though.

Appleby - Did some nice things down back but was overwhelmed at times as well. Looks a bit off the pace and at least a half season from being ready for AFL.

For me the rookie options are probably the biggest take away. Finlayson, Mihocek, Brown, Stephenson, Shipley, Z. Langdon, Tiziani and even Flynn all put their hands up round 1 spots and while I think most wont make it, it was good to see.

GWS premiums did basically what was expected with Shaw, Kelly and Coniglio my picks of the bunch.

16. Likes Notorious_29, Hodges, Wheedus, Athomas, Bunga liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Josh Smith play games this year or just be VFL? Scored well last year when he played but I remember him getting dropped for the last few games of the season. Seems like many have passed him as preferred in the first 22.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upcoming teams (some starting to look full strength)

RICHMOND v NORTH MELBOURNE
    Wednesday 7 March, Ikon Park, 7:05pm

TIGERS

B: A.Rance, D.Astbury, D.Grimes
    HB: N.Vlastuin, N.Broad, B.Ellis
    C: S.Grigg, S.Edwards, T.Cotchin
    HF: J.Castagna, J.Graham, C.Ellis
    F: J.Riewoldt, J.Caddy, D.Butler
    Foll: T.Nankervis, K.Lambert, D.Martin
    I/C: R.Conca, S.Bolton, J.Townsend, K.McIntosh, J.Short, I.Soldo, C.Moore, S.Lloyd
    In: S.Lloyd, N.Broad, C.Moore, I.Soldo
    Out: B.Houli (calf soreness), J.Higgins, M.Chol, R.Garthwaite

KANGAROOS

B: M.Williams, R.Tarrant, R.Clarke
    HB: J.Macmillan, S.Thompson, S.Atley
    C: B.Hartung, L.Davies-Uniacke, B.Jacobs
    HF: M.Wood, J.Waite, J.Ziebell
    F: T.Garner, B.Brown, K.Turner
    Foll: T.Goldstein, S.Higgins, B.Cunnington
    I/C: T.Dumont, M.Hibberd, N.Hrovat, T.Murphy, B.Preuss, J.Simpkin, E.Vickers-Willis, C.Zurhaar
    In: M.Wood, T.Garner, J.Simpkin, B.Preuss, T.Murphy, J Macmillan
    Out: A.Morgan, B.McKay, L.McDonald (rested), N.Larkey, S.Durdin, M.Daw

MELBOURNE v ST KILDA

Thursday 8 March, Casey Fields, 7.05pm AEDT

DEMONS

B: J.Wagner, O.McDonald, M.Hibberd
    HB: J.Hunt, J.Lever, N.Jetta
    C: C.Salem, C.Petracca, B.Stretch
    HF: J.Garlett, C.Pedersen, J.Melksham
    F: B.Fritsch, J.Hogan, M.Hannan
    Foll: M.Gawn, C.Oliver, N.Jones
    I/C: J.Harmes, A.Brayshaw, D.Tyson, S.Frost, C.Maynard, B.Vince, T.McDonald, T.Bugg
    Emerg: C.Spargo, D.Kent, J.Kennedy Harris, D.Keilty
    In: N.Jetta, J.Garlett, D.Tyson, S.Frost
    Out: J.Lewis, A.Neal-Bullen

SAINTS

B: Jarryn Geary, Nathan Brown, Dylan Roberton
    HB: Jimmy Webster, Jake Carlisle, Shane Savage
    C: Jack Newnes, David Armitage, Jack Sinclair
    HB: Jack Billings, Paddy McCartin, Jack Steele
    F: Jade Gresham, Tim Membrey, Josh Bruce
    R: Tom Hickey, Seb Ross, Jack Steven
    Interchange: Luke Dunstan, Blake Acres, Koby Stevens, Mav Weller, Sam Gilbert, Nick Coffield, Hunter Clark, Rowan Marshall
    Emergencies: Jack Lonie, Nathan Wright, Brandon White, Logan Austin
    IN: J. Billings, J. Bruce, T. Hickey, K. Stevens
    OUT: B. Longer, J. Lonie, B. Long, N. Wright
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

19. Likes Crows88, Hodges, Athomas liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see C Ellis get named in a very strong Tigers squad, good signs. Fritsch too actually.
    Only ever talking SC

21. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Some pretty much full strength sides, which sadly for North fans includes their sorry team.

Not a lot of rookie options in that group so more about premiums for me.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Higgins out for Tigers confirms he's going to have to work his way into the side through the year

LDU named in the guts is a reasonably good sign.

Good to see Billings back
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th