Sat 10th Mar
    Coll v WB 1:05pm Moe, VIC
    Port v Ade 3:35pm Alberton, SA
    Haw v Car 7:05pm Launceston, TAS

Sun 11th Mar

Gee v Ess 1:05pm Colac, VIC
    GC v Bris 3:05pm Southport, QLD
    Fre v WCE 4:05pm Joondalup, WA

All matches live on Fox and AFL app, with radio coverage TBC for all games except this weekend which are on a number of radio stations.
    Last edited by divvydan; 24th February 2018 at 06:36 AM.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JLT Preseason series

Fritsch looks good: lock and load
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

3. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Goodwin: Fritsch has given himself opportunity - could be a chance for round one. Still working on areas. Competes in air #JLTSeries
    Not sure if Goodwin is keeping it low key or if Fritsch still has some way to go before getting the nod.

5. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fritsch did look very good.

Gawn huge. Oliver tagged but still scored well. Hibberd would encourage owners.

Brayshaw was junk, take him out of your sides

Petracca was HFF even with Viney out. Still a definite pass for me. Hope he scores well in JLT to encourage others

Goldy had a good ratio but bit worrying, he was up against Gawn though and North got smashed. I expect that to be a common theme however.

Luke McDonald didn't do too much either, 44% DE.

LDU may not be a lock. Was a bit behind the pace at times (to be expected with first 'AFL' match) although 8 of his 12 possesions were contested which is a good sign.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

7. Likes divvydan, dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some scores and Centre Bounce Attendances (CBA)

Final #AFLFantasy - ANB 84, Oliver 83, Michael Hibberd and Gawn 77, Petracca 71, Fritsch 69, Maynard 57, Goldy 47 and Luke McDonald 43.
    Final #SuperCoach - Gawn 145, ANB 129, Michael Hibberd 121, Oliver 108, Lever 98, Petracca 82, Goldy 81, Fritsch 70, LDU 51 and Brayshaw 35
    CBA's from NM vs Melb - Oliver 22, Salem 21, Maynard 18 and Petracca 15. Cunnington 22, Higgins 21 and Jacobs (back tagging) with 20.

Full time - Caddy 109, Zaha and D. Smith 93, Graham 78, C. Ellis and Dusty 77, Parish 62, B. Ellis 52 and Garthwaite 45. #AFLFantasy
    Full time - Caddy 137, D. Smith 119, Cotchin 116, Dusty 106, C. Ellis 97, Parish 90, Saad 86, Garthwaite, 72, McGrath 66 and B. Ellis 57. #SuperCoach
    CBA's from Ess vs Rich - C. Ellis and Dusty 18, Caddy 14 and Graham 11. Parish 15, Smith 14, Stringer 13 and Heppell 11.

9. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well give my thoughts on the above game.

Smith - Looked very good. Apart from CB stats above and fantasy scores, just seemed to be running out the game well and looking fit. Probably the only Bomber I am looking at.

Parish - Much better game than the intraclub. Need to see JLT2 with Merrett (possibly Myers?) but if role is good, could be a forward option (not for me though, can't see keeper numbers)

McGrath - He's a good player no doubt, I just can't see being a keeper in defence. Had some mid time (more than last year) but was mainly in defence still.

Stringer - 46% TOG so didn't play much in the 2nd half after nasty head wound in the first quarter. Wasn't particularly effective early on, hard to judge him after the head wound.

Dusty - Looked so good. Glad he basically sat out all of Q4 otherwise his DT/SC would be more like 100DT/150SC. They sent Cotch to the forward line in this game (Cotch was good too though)

Rance - Still not getting enough ball is my worry, his ratio was amazing as usual (I believe I read he has the best DT/SC ratio of any player)

Graham - I can see why people want to pick him, because he just went nuts in the 2nd half (particularly early in Q4 I believe it was). 8 tackles from 70% TOG. I think he's too expensive still though.

Ellis - Pretty similar score to his three finals. Maybe he saves his scoring for H+A games

Lambert - Only noticed him on occasion.

Personal verdict: I've seen enough for Stringer, McGrath, Graham that I'm not keen no matter what happens in JLT2. Parish I doubt I will consider but if he leading CBA in JLT2 he is an interesting one. Smith I almost hope he scares me off in JLT2 with an average game
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

11. Likes Bunga, divvydan liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Corey Ellis is $228k B/M in SC so worth keeping an eye on in the next game as well to see if his CB numbers stay up. I suspect with Cotchin playing a lot forward and Dusty resting late that his numbers were inflated but still worth watching.

13. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I'm still so tempted by Oliver this year. It's so hard with Danger, Fyfe, Martin, Kelly and Crouch all in the same range but he's a legit 130+ potential guy if he adds like any outside ball to his game. Like Ablett or Danger before they exploded.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

From the first half of the Freo vs Adelaide game, I've haven't had a look at the stats yet

-Lock Andy Brayshaw in, he's been starting most centre bounces and looking really composed and classy. We're getting obliterated at the clearances by a half strength Adelaide side and he's been one of the few shining lights so I imagine he'll be playing all year. Seems to always be around the ball, lays tackles and presents for hit up marks as well so I think the scoring potential is there, I'm interested to see how he's scored so far.
    -Bryce Gibbs looksfantastic
    -Harry Dear looks a reasonable rookie option if named, he's playing as a lead up KPF and getting involved a fair bit
    -Nat Fyfe is playing a mixed forward / midfield role and has comfortably been our best.
    -Michael Walters has been playing purely midfield but hasn't looked good so far.
    -Nathan Wilson getting a fair bit of it as well, we're looking to get it into his hands a fair bit and he's won his own ball defensively a fair bit so might be a reasonable option.
    -Matt Crouch is everywhere
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

16. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Iím locking Matt Crouch in my SC side. His finish to last year was ridiculous.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    From the first half of the Freo vs Adelaide game, I've haven't had a look at the stats yet

-Lock Andy Brayshaw in, he's been starting most centre bounces and looking really composed and classy. We're getting obliterated at the clearances by a half strength Adelaide side and he's been one of the few shining lights so I imagine he'll be playing all year. Seems to always be around the ball, lays tackles and presents for hit up marks as well so I think the scoring potential is there, I'm interested to see how he's scored so far.
    -Bryce Gibbs looksfantastic
    -Harry Dear looks a reasonable rookie option if named, he's playing as a lead up KPF and getting involved a fair bit
    -Nat Fyfe is playing a mixed forward / midfield role and has comfortably been our best.
    -Michael Walters has been playing purely midfield but hasn't looked good so far.
    -Nathan Wilson getting a fair bit of it as well, we're looking to get it into his hands a fair bit and he's won his own ball defensively a fair bit so might be a reasonable option.
    -Matt Crouch is everywhere
    Would agree with all that except I think Walters has looked good. Didn't get much in opening minutes but warmed into game.

Mundy almost exclusively up a forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Iím locking Matt Crouch in my SC side. His finish to last year was ridiculous.
    Yeah Crouch looking great. I'm personally scared of because Gibbs looks fantastic as hedgey mentioned, will be playing full time mid.

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Would agree with all that except I think Walters has looked good. Didn't get much in opening minutes but warmed into game.

Mundy almost exclusively up a forward.
    My stream in the second quarter went to shit so may have been confusing Walters for someone else! he did look decent in the second half.

Lachlan Murphy & Bailey Banfield may have played themselves into their respective Round 1 sides, both looked fantastic. Similar players as well, big bodied (Banfield is overaged, think Murphy is just a unit) midfielders playing forward and looking pretty poised with good defensive pressure. Murphy listed as a defender while Banfield as a mid.

Fyfe looking epic, I think he locked himself into all my sides.

Bizarre final quarter, Freo were cruising 9 points up with 2 minutes left, Ballantyne narrowly misses a set shot then two of the worst minutes of football you'll ever see and Adelaide go down as 10 point winners.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

20. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another one worth thinking about from Freo is Alex Pearce, priced like a top 10 rookie at 192k/231k DT/SC but should have excellent job security and was playing an intercept role at CHB - potentially taking Johnson's role. Looked a lot better than MJ today, can't imagine him being a great scorer but 55-70 doesn't seem unreasonable in SC particularly and if the back rookie situation becomes dire he'll be a good option.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

22. Likes Elvs1 liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Finals scores - Fyfe 162, Lynch 115, M. Crouch 106, Neale and Gibbs 102, CEY, Laird 101 and Walters 101, Brayshaw 87 and Doedee 85. #SuperCoach

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some DT scores:
    Crouch 95, Gibbs 94, Laird 79, Doedee 67, Murphy 58. Fyfe 114, Neale 95, Walters 70, Brayshaw 66, Banfield 65, A.Pearce 51