Important News


User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: RDT 2018 is Open

  1. #1
    FFC Senior Coach Elvs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    3,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    RDT 2018 is Open

    RDT open.
    1st prize down to 5k
    Last edited by Elvs1; 1st February 2018 at 05:41 PM.

  2. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
  3. #2
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    5k

    That's pretty lame, they really need to get a sponsor or some form of advertising.

  4. Likes Bert1, Notorious_29, KickItToButch liked this post
  5. #3
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Posts
    5,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    5k is really a slap in the face.

    Still can't get over some of the starting prices, it's turned into lolfantasy without the unlimited trading.




  6. #4
    FFC General Manager Bert1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    It really is a shame. I want to stick by them but at the same time I have been strongly considering getting more serious about planning for and figuring out lolfantasy tactics more. With close to $90k in the prize pool we're pretty much stuck with them as the premium comp.

    That and/or really knuckling down into SC more this year
    The eBert era is over

  7. #5
    FFC Senior Coach Elvs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    3,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert1 View Post
    It really is a shame. I want to stick by them but at the same time I have been strongly considering getting more serious about planning for and figuring out lolfantasy tactics more. With close to $90k in the prize pool we're pretty much stuck with them as the premium comp.

    That and/or really knuckling down into SC more this year
    I started taking lol more seriously last year, was getting worried RDT might drop off.
    It feels a lot better then when it first started, still feels behind the times with their bench setup ie 2 mid and rucks instead of the 3-1 setup.

    With the pricing, it seems players go up and down a lot slower so its harder to get a full side as quickly as RDT, you need to jump on the flavour of the month at times to generate cash because rookies take a while to mature. But be disciplined enough to sell those guys and not get attached to them.
    Sometimes you are better off downgrading to a cheap mid pricer and only pocketing 100k.
    Also with rookies even thou they go up after 1 game I generally found you could wait one price rise, unless they were going to be a must have.

  8. Likes Bert1 liked this post
  9. #6
    Super Moderator divvydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Posts
    13,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by KickItToButch View Post
    5k is really a slap in the face.

    Still can't get over some of the starting prices, it's turned into lolfantasy without the unlimited trading.
    The rookie prices for RDT aren't as bad as they are for LOL, however both games base their pricing on the AFL salary cap and due to the CBA finalised last year, the salary cap has shot up to $12.6m, compared to SC which has a fixed $10m cap.

  10. #7
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Posts
    5,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    The rookie prices for RDT aren't as bad as they are for LOL, however both games base their pricing on the AFL salary cap and due to the CBA finalised last year, the salary cap has shot up to $12.6m, compared to SC which has a fixed $10m cap.
    i get all that mate, still compared to what we've been used to it's strange seeing someone start at over $800k in RDT.




  11. #8
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    LOL is still such a terrible format with the instant price rises, it's basically a totally different game because none of the planning or thought for the normal game applies after round 1 which makes doing it in addition to the other formats a genuine chore of having to research everything extra.

    I've basically just doubled down into SC as a result, my LOL always starts off decently it seems but I just don't care enough to give it any attention after round 1 where all the planning still applies.

    This comp being on life support probably means I should start making the effort I guess...
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  12. #9
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Would love yo get into sc like I do dt but it just doesn't have the same appeal.

  13. #10
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Would love yo get into sc like I do dt but it just doesn't have the same appeal.
    It grows on you, as you begin to understand the scoring system and then love/hate it. The strategy is only slightly different, mostly revolving around the fact that quality players aren't as likely to drop significantly, imo, as guys like Danger even when stuck forward will have big impacts where as they go missing in DT when that happens.

    The worst part is still the secrecy around the scoring system and the subjective nature of what makes up a lot of the different scoring plays.

    Lack of live scores is also a bit annoying as it makes it harder to really get into it during the games (this is a positive in a lot of ways).

    I also find the rolling lockout is the single best change that has been made in a long time. Keeps you involved over the weekend (a negative for some, obviously), provides an "advantage" (that can totally backfire) and additional strategy elements.

    The worst thing about LOL for me is still the completely random position changes mid season that make any kind of strategy or planning completely irrelevant in an instant and can totally destroy your team when a major change happens and you've already completed that section, it's just a horrific part of the game, imo. Even if they told you a month in advance who was trending towards a change it would still be awful but at least you could have strategy. Just had an element of the game that requires no skill and is entirely lucky dip as well as completely shrouded in mystery.

    Unlimited trades is crappy but the stupid price change system makes them necessary almost so it's actually not a huge fundamental game changer other than you need to change how you use trades (I don't mind this change even if I suck at it!).


    The key with SC is that's it just ultra competitive, if you make a couple of mistakes you'll plummet into the 30k+ range of ranks. In DT I always was able to stay roughly in the top 2k give or take but SC a few bad weeks will drop you 15k in the ranks because there are so many competitive teams!
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  14. Likes Big Sledge #32 liked this post
  15. #11
    FFC General Manager twarby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    6,306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Would love yo get into sc like I do dt but it just doesn't have the same appeal.
    i think i played it one year but was a big learning curve and don't think I enjoyed it too much, grew up on the DT scoring so just enjoyed it more i guess, found it easier as well.

    Not sure if I can be bothered playing any fantasy this season given it just feels like a waste of time and not really important to me anymore.

    One thing I could be swayed into is a NFL type fantasy draft for one of the formats, does this exist?

  16. #12
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by twarby View Post
    i think i played it one year but was a big learning curve and don't think I enjoyed it too much, grew up on the DT scoring so just enjoyed it more i guess, found it easier as well.

    Not sure if I can be bothered playing any fantasy this season given it just feels like a waste of time and not really important to me anymore.

    One thing I could be swayed into is a NFL type fantasy draft for one of the formats, does this exist?
    Yep I'm the same, I've played Supercoach for a number of seasons but it just doesn't have the same appeal to me as DT, I just like the KISS method that is has.

    Each is their own, just a shame that the AFL moving away from Virtual Sport has basically killed DT and AFL Fantasy hasn't increased the numbers compared to what they had with DT.

  17. #13
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    The worst thing about LOL for me is still the completely random position changes mid season that make any kind of strategy or planning completely irrelevant in an instant and can totally destroy your team when a major change happens and you've already completed that section, it's just a horrific part of the game, imo. Even if they told you a month in advance who was trending towards a change it would still be awful but at least you could have strategy. Just had an element of the game that requires no skill and is entirely lucky dip as well as completely shrouded in mystery.

    Unlimited trades is crappy but the stupid price change system makes them necessary almost so it's actually not a huge fundamental game changer other than you need to change how you use trades (I don't mind this change even if I suck at it!).


    The key with SC is that's it just ultra competitive, if you make a couple of mistakes you'll plummet into the 30k+ range of ranks. In DT I always was able to stay roughly in the top 2k give or take but SC a few bad weeks will drop you 15k in the ranks because there are so many competitive teams!
    To be honest, I actually like the price changes in LOL, it brings more players into option in some sometimes stale positions. If you've got a guy who is just given DPP access, you can push him to the position that makes the most of him, if you've already got him then it doesn't matter as you're a step ahead.

    Don't get me wrong, they're strange but at the end of the day, I don't think it hurts you from having someone that gets an added position and it only increases the options when you choose to trade in that area. It's a strange comp though, I was top 50 until the final round 2 seasons ago with it being my 'after thought' comp whilst the one I spent all my time on was shithouse.

    For me, I just don't like the pricing of players and how the price changes work compared to DT/SC but they had to do something different to make it their 'own' game, just hasn't been a winner for me.

  18. #14
    Moderator Notorious_29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Posts
    12,977
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    The world must be ending because I think I'll be playing SC this season. RDT prizes are simply pathetic.

    Will be going super aggressive, using two trades a week until I'm out and hope for the best.

    UF draft leagues is where I take my enjoyment from now. You have a better chance at winning $$$ from drafstars/moneyball now as well I think.

  19. Likes Bunga liked this post
  20. #15
    Super Moderator Bunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Posts
    16,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: RDT 2018 is Open

    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    The world must be ending because I think I'll be playing SC this season. RDT prizes are simply pathetic.

    Will be going super aggressive, using two trades a week until I'm out and hope for the best.

    UF draft leagues is where I take my enjoyment from now. You have a better chance at winning $$$ from drafstars/moneyball now as well I think.


    Another one converted
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

  21. Likes Bert1, Notorious_29, Wogitalia liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •