Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2018 Planning

<---- Oh and I've got back status this year.

2. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Guys, I think I am out this year

Will still probably make a team but doubt I will be able to keep my teams up to date ect or have time for the research required

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    Can't believe Lobb didn't get Ruck status, he is going to kill it with no Mummy this year and playing as No. 1 ruck.
    Could be this seasons Witts, but as a fwd.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lobb still has a lot of merit in starting him as a FWD. Despite the plethora of M/F options
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Yeah, I'll probably run Lobb.

First ruckmen pretty much average 90 if they're the only ruckman. 13 guys including Nank (88) were 90+ including guys like Bellchambers, McEvoy, Smith and Witts, who aren't even any good.

The only guys who didn't average 90 were Sandi (87 with a 12 game in there), the Swans ruck mess (Sinclair, Tippett, Naismith and Towers in a 4 man share), Longer and the Dogs ruck mess (they basically didn't have one...).

Lobb will be further helped by his elite midfield which will mean more clearances, score involvements and all that good stuff. There isn't any good reason he can't push 100+, imo.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bailz66 View Post

Will still probably make a team but doubt I will be able to keep my teams up to date ect or have time for the research required
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......but totally get it.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

8. Likes bailz66 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by bailz66 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......but totally get it.

What he said.

10. Likes bailz66 liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Harrison Wigg has fractured his foot and will miss a fair chunk of the preseason.

Which may push him from starting option to downgrade target
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Harrison Wigg has fractured his foot and will miss a fair chunk of the preseason.

Which may push him from starting option to downgrade target
    I suspect he'll still end up being "ready" by round one but probably underdone and below his scoring best.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heeney to miss a month after knee surgery

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-1...an-for-a-month
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Heeney to miss a month after knee surgery

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-1...an-for-a-month
    line through him then. upgrade?
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Month might not be too bad, well at least enough to rule him out just yet - without looking to see who else is an option.

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

I think Nicnat will be the common pick to avoid in DT, and I'm quite hesitant to pick him in SC as well. Ruckman in their first season post-ACL are fraught with danger, particularly a guy like NicNat whose athletic capability is a huge asset. In DT, even his best season is still 15-20 points off Grundy, Gawn, Stef, Jacobs at their best. No go for me, and would need to be seriously convinced to pick him in SC. Although his ceiling there is a lot higher, he's only 50k cheaper than Gawn, and there's a few other options who are much more likely to hit those numbers that in my mind are worth the extra price - would need to look really good in the JLT IMO. Even with a well-above average return, in all likelihood he'll be hitting his straps in the back half of the season, in which case you'd be bleeding points at the start anyway.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    I think Nicnat will be the common pick to avoid in DT, and I'm quite hesitant to pick him in SC as well. Ruckman in their first season post-ACL are fraught with danger, particularly a guy like NicNat whose athletic capability is a huge asset. In DT, even his best season is still 15-20 points off Grundy, Gawn, Stef, Jacobs at their best. No go for me, and would need to be seriously convinced to pick him in SC. Although his ceiling there is a lot higher, he's only 50k cheaper than Gawn, and there's a few other options who are much more likely to hit those numbers that in my mind are worth the extra price - would need to look really good in the JLT IMO. Even with a well-above average return, in all likelihood he'll be hitting his straps in the back half of the season, in which case you'd be bleeding points at the start anyway.
    The positive is he's taken an extra 9 months to recover basically so he should be absolutely back and flying. Agree on DT, he'd need to improve on his previous best to justify selection in that but he's a proven premium scorer in SC.

I think the Gawn/NicNat combo is going to be just about automatic at this point in SC. Basically would take injuries to derail that train. NM seem convinced in a ruck share so they can play their 2nd rate guys and reduce one of their very few A grade players to a 2nd rate guy. Ryder is hard to trust to back it up. Kreuzer I like but at top price with his history it's a hard sell. Stef has been declining for a couple of years and they're also determined to diminish his value. Grundy is probably the easiest sell with him only needing to fix his horrible ratios but that's hard to do because he's really bad at rucking, giving away FA and just about everything else in SC, he's almost relying on a Tom Mitchell type 130 DT to get 110 SC which is what you're aiming for from NicNat and Gawn.

Unless a rookie priced guy pops up (or similar) I just don't see the upside on any other pick compared to Gawn/NicNat. Would think the worst case for both is injury and a 95 type average which still makes cash and lets you see how things turn out at the position.

Tippett is the other guy I'm watching but he's had an ankle recon and will be touch and go for round one, I'm only interested in him as the only really decent F/R and even then it would take a perfect storm to happen.

Think it could end up a very boring position in SC, DT is more interesting because NicNat isn't nearly as strong there and Grundy is a powerhouse in that format.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-1...s-talent-boost
    EMERGING Essendon youngster Andrew McGrath is ready for a full-time midfield role next season according to Bombers assistant coach Mark Harvey.

McGrath pieced together a brilliant debut season in 2017, playing 21 games on his way to claiming the NAB AFL Rising Star award after being the club's first ever No.1 draft pick.

The 19-year-old's pace, smarts and poise stood out as he shut down some of the competition's best small forwards and provided excellent rebound.

However, Harvey, who looks after Essendon's defence, says he doesn't expect to again have McGrath at his disposal next year.

"He's starting to really excel in the midfield. We're starting to see his stoppage craft really evolve. I'm not sure if we really will see him too much back there (in defence) but I've told him he can still talk to defenders during play though. There's still that relationship that he's got with them," he said on Tuesday.

"I think [he's ready to become a full-time midfielder]. He's a serious talent. We saw what he did in his first year and he played with great composure and he's really good in close and makes quick decisions.

"He won't be left wanting."
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-1...s-talent-boost

With Saad now at the bombers, all the signs indicate that McGrath will be moving to midfield so keen to jump on him with his defender status.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-1...ablett-in-2018

GEELONG recruited Gary Ablett to be a midfielder first and a forward second, coach Chris Scott says.

There has been plenty of conjecture about how the Cats are planning to best deploy the dual Brownlow medallist, and how the former Sun will fit into an onball unit already bursting with class and experience remains an intriguing subplot for the season ahead.

"We didn't bring him (Ablett) in to be a forward," Scott said.

"Like a few of our players like (Nakia) Cockatoo, (Patrick) Dangerfield, (Joel) Selwood, (Mitch) Duncan, (Sam) Menegola, (Mark) Blicavs – we think they can play forward but they're mids.

"We brought Gary in to be a midfielder."
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-1...ablett-in-2018

Will this effect Danger's scoring I wonder.... is it worth risking not starting him???
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game