SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: 2018 Planning

In general discussions, going to be a very interesting year to choose between fallen premiums and super premiums to start the side, especially in SC where not having the 4 or 5 super premiums will end your season quick fire.

I think entering next year we're likely to have Docherty in defense and Danger, Martin and Mitchell in the mids.

Looking at them...

Docherty is an interesting one, he's just about maxed out, imo, but he also could potentially move into the midfield to replace Gibbs, I'm not sold this is a positive given his immense sluttiness as a HBF and just about perfect fantasy game. I think you're basically buying and hoping he can repeat last year and remain a brutal upgrade. He did average only 109 over his last 10 games and under 100 for the last month. There is very much a case he falls back to the pack next year, I think this is probably going to be the hardest choice of the super premiums.

Danger has a very real case he is underpriced thanks to the injury that limited him for a month, which is just an absurd thing to write but is genuinely true. I think his raw captain value makes paying for him worth it even if he drops a bit this year. I think that given there is a legitimate case he could improve and his captain value that he's a must start in SC. Ablett might be the biggest x-factor here and what his role will be.

Martin likewise is underpriced, imo. CD were very slow to adopt him as a chosen one, he had 6 negative ratio games in the first 10 games of the season and just 2 over the last 15 games and the gap between SC and DT grew steadily in this period, basically he got the CD, DE% and other subjective elements of the SC scoring system in his favour after he became a clear Brownlow contender. This happens every year with breakout stars and he's no different. The net result is he averaged 128 over his last 15 games, so he's underpriced and a very strong captain option. Now it's Richmond and it's Dusty, so there is absolutely some fall back risk from over indulgence and celebration but right now he's penciled in to my side on the positives side of the coin.

Mitchell is the harder one to sell. He was absurd but there isn't really any reason to suggest the Hawks will improve, they lost another top 5 player in Hodge, the majority of their top players are another year older and they have no top picks. Thus it's hard to sell the team improvement. That said, it's also hard to see who would take away his points and thus he's pretty safe to maintain. There is really only the case for him to improve the ratio side of things to improve his scoring, raw numbers are going to be very hard to improve and given he's a genuine butcher proven over a half decade now it's hard to make that case, he already basically does everything else you could ask from him so it's just disposal efficiency that crushes him. If you think the team can improve, thus getting more of the mythical score involvement bonus points or if you think his kicking is going to improve, then he's got genuine upside. I'm not buying either of those right now personally.

Think with so many super underpriced midfield options that it's going to be almost impossible to go with all 3 midfielders and maybe even Doch in defense. Given the likes of Fyfe, Beams, Rockliff, Parker, JPK, Hanners, Crouch, Shuey, Sloane, Gibbs, Cripps, Zerrett, Selwood, Pendles, Treloar, Swallow, Kelly, Oliver, Viney, Ross and Bont that all have 120+ potential and are generally priced a fair way from that it's going to be a very interesting season. Do you go for the Kelly or Bont 130 super premium potential or the more proven 115-120 type guys who are even cheaper.

Forwards will even have a few more options this year with Gray, Heeney and Billings my early front runners but a ton of other potential choices.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

2. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those here who got the sportsdeck Assistant Coach package, the pre season team picker thing up.

Just have a look at some of these prices.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

You have 12.6 mil rather than 8mil though!

5. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bailz66 View Post
    You have 12.6 mil rather than 8mil though!
    Still 10 million in SC

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anything interesting in terms of positions or have they already been long released?

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

SC is also open fwiw.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

117k is cheapest R/F but there aren't any good R/F to pick from really.

Pederson is the highest priced R/F. Stanley, Daw, Tippett, SMac, Mason Cox, Buzza and McInnes the non-rookie options. So looks like ruck cover is going to be an awkward scenario this year.

Rory Lobb is FWD only.

FWDs are loaded.

Menegola, Heeney, Gray, Billings, Mundy, Dahlhaus, Wallis, McLean, Boak, Barlow, J. Martin, Parish, My Boy Robinson, Mathieson, Wells and SPS are just some of the guys who got/kept FWD status from last year.

Backs are almost identical to last year, Yeo is a DEF now obviously, Rich and Ellis (can't remember if either was last year) are defenders, Hanley also a DEF again but really it looks pretty perfectly set up for a G
    Rory Lobb is FWD only.

FWDs are loaded.

Menegola, Heeney, Gray, Billings, Mundy, Dahlhaus, Wallis, McLean, Boak, Barlow, J. Martin, Parish, My Boy Robinson, Mathieson, Wells and SPS are just some of the guys who got/kept FWD status from last year.

FWDS are certainly loaded with midprice options if someone wanted to gamble but also has the same names that were at the top last year as options. Rayner at 202k is a FWD/MID also, so likely the DPP opener. Stephenson, Bonar and Fogarty the other 150k+ rookies up forward. Plenty of other names in the 150-200k section though.

Backs are almost identical to last year, Yeo is a DEF now obviously, Rich and Ellis (can't remember if either was last year) are defenders, Hanley also a DEF again but really it looks pretty perfectly set up for a G&R setup down back. Basically the 4 guys averaging 99-102 (Laird, Hurley, Yeo and Hibberd) then a massive pack in the 88-94 range. Basically find a couple of safe picks, load up on rookies and buy on dips. Birchall at 277k is awfully tempting.

Few rookies in the premium category, lot of other names though.

Most of the top picks are mid only though.

So much value in the midfield premiums. So many guys with ~115 seasons in their very recent past in that 95-100 range. Would take something special for me to hunt a midpricer with all those options. Talking Parker, Cripps, Selwood, Treloar, Beams, Rockliff, Hanners and Shuey types. Even guys like Pendles are cheap. Yet I also want all of Danger, Crouch, Martin and Kelly!

Think there should be a lot of variation this year. Last year the backs was basically pick Laird, Doch and Adams, which made it super boring and the only decision was whether to get a 4th premium or not. Forwards are also much more open.

10. Likes Crow-mo, dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Managed to throw something like this together without giving it much thought. Rookies I'm yet to really look into with much detail and are really just place holders but something like this is very possible. Also I clicked the wrong name on Sloane, it should be Crouch lol.

Feels like a really strong team to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question is Matt or Brad?

Actually looking forward to creating a mock team but since I don't have the paid version I think I'll be waiting until the release in Jan.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Matt for SC by a mile.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear
    it's started
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

15. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeo as a back premo would have to step into D1 in the absence of Doch
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gawn/NN going to be a popular combo
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

18. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heeney retaining FWD status will make him one of the most popular picks in the game.

Titchell's price in RDT though
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe Lobb didn't get Ruck status, he is going to kill it with no Mummy this year and playing as No. 1 ruck.

21. Likes KickItToButch liked this post