HB Andrew Mackie, Lachie Henderson, Zach Guthrie
    C Mitch Duncan, Joel Selwood, Mark Blicavs
    HF Sam Menegola, Harry Taylor, Brandan Parfitt
    F Daniel Menzel, Tom Hawkins, James Parsons
    FOL Zac Smith, Patrick Dangerfield, Scott Selwood
    I/C Jed Bews, Jake Kolodjashnij, Darcy Lang, Steven Motlop
    EMG Rhys Stanley, Jordan Murdoch, Jackson Thurlow

IN Daniel Menzel, Darcy Lang
    OUT Cameron Guthrie (Calf), Jordan Murdoch (Omitted)

SYDNEY SWANS

B Nick Smith, Heath Grundy, Callum Mills
    HB Jarrad McVeigh, Dane Rampe, Zak Jones
    C Isaac Heeney, Josh P. Kennedy, Jake Lloyd
    HF Dean Towers, Lance Franklin, George Hewett
    F Kieren Jack, Callum Sinclair, Sam Reid
    FOL Sam Naismith, Dan Hannebery, Luke Parker
    I/C Harry Cunningham, Nic Newman, Tom Papley, Gary Rohan
    EMG Aliir Aliir, Daniel Robinson, Lewis Melican

IN No Change

GWS GIANTS

B Nick Haynes, Aidan Corr, Zac Williams
    HB Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Lachie Whitfield
    C Nathan Wilson, Josh Kelly, Tom Scully
    HF Jacob Hopper, Jonathon Patton, Tim Taranto
    F Matt de Boer, Harrison Himmelberg, Toby Greene
    FOL Rory Lobb, Stephen Coniglio, Callan Ward
    I/C Adam Tomlinson, Dylan Shiel, Steve Johnson, Brett Deledio
    EMG Dawson Simpson, Harry Perryman, Sam J. Reid

IN Tim Taranto, Steve Johnson
    OUT Jeremy Cameron (Hamstring), Shane Mumford (Foot)

WEST COAST EAGLES

B Tom Barrass, Eric Mackenzie, Brad Sheppard
    HB Elliot Yeo, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn
    C Lewis Jetta, Matt Priddis, Andrew Gaff
    HF Jack Redden, Jack Darling, Dom Sheed
    F Mark LeCras, Josh J. Kennedy, Jamie Cripps
    FOL Nathan Vardy, Sam Mitchell, Luke Shuey
    I/C Sharrod Wellingham, Liam Duggan, Drew Petrie, Mark Hutchings
    EMG Chris Masten, Luke Partington, Will Schofield

IN Sharrod Wellingham
    OUT Luke Partington (Omitted)

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Finals Week 2 2017

Good changes for Cats and GWS imo.

I still think Cats can win tomorrow, but Swans deservedly favourite. Expect GWS to win comfy.

Swans by 7
    GWS by 31
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Love the changes for the Giants, exactly how I would have done it (admittedly a while ago!), honestly reckon they win comfortably now.

Cats/Swans is a close game, MCG is pretty much a neutral site but it advantages the Cats more than playing at Skilled, imo. Swans should win based on basically everything which is why I'm afraid!

I think both Cats/Eagles can win and wouldn't be at all surprised if they did.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

4. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think sj is pretty well cooked myself.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    I think sj is pretty well cooked myself.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Might be, more that I think they were playing well too tall pretty much all season but with Himmelberg, Lobb, Patton, Cameron and Mumford in the team they were absurdly oversized. That's basically 5 guys who apply zero pressure (Mumford is good around stoppages). It's almost the reverse of what other sides are doing with forward pressure and honestly given the quality of their small forwards just a counter intuitive tactic, imo.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Late change: Lonergan out (ill), Stanley in.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Late change: Lonergan out (ill), Stanley in.
    Massive
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

That's a huge late out. Cats do a pretty good job of covering but if Sydney's bigs are clunking it like they did last week then that could be a 2 goal swing right there. Reckon Lonergan has been one of the most underrated KPD of the past decade, just the old school no thrills lock down guy who allows everyone else to go about their business.

On a sadder note, it would mean last week is his last game as well with no real farewell if the Cats lose. Courageous player to come back from what he did and not just play but star.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have to say, this has been a very lackluster finals series with one very close game and the rest thrashings. Hopefully a close one will come in the next 2 weeks.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed! Thankfully I was pleased with the two results this weekend so I didn't mind watching smashings.

Also Cats v Tigers was 13 points at 3QT so at least that was mostly entertaining.

As long as it's dry, I think GWS will take it up to the Tigers next week.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good call on GWS looking better with the structure change, WCE played like everyone probably thought they were at a few weeks ago which helped.

enjoyed Friday nights result too, Longmire out coached again, fairly off night for all their stars too.

Crows should win but will be good to see how Geelong go about it tactically.

Still think Tigers will be too strong at the G, will know pretty early on how that game will pan out I think.

13. Likes Narkee, Wogitalia, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Cats have a pretty good record against the Crows so it could be more interesting than a lot of people are giving credit but agree the Crows should be the better side, not sure if the rest helps or hinders though. That game comes down to whether the Cats can hold their defensive structures and get enough midfield ball to win, classic type of game where if it's over 175 I expect the Crows won comfortably and if it's under that I'd give the Cats better than even chance of being the winner.

I still like the Giants in that game just for the sheer depth in the midfield, the interesting part for me will be whether the Giants adjust to the Tigers at the selection table, hard to play Davis, Tomlinson, Haynes and Corr because there really isn't a good matchup for 3 of them. They played all 4 last time and were too tall down back, especially given that none of them are strong rebounders or even standout intercept markers. Not sure who they can bring in though to really change it, maybe throw Deledio into defense and bring in another forward/mid type but don't know if he's fit enough still for that.

Actually think it should be two cracking games.

Agree also the Swans were dreadful, Horse got thoroughly outcoached (ask anyone who saw the chat of me talking to myself mostly ), no idea why he was happy to have Rampe stuck one on one with Dangerfield so that Henderson could play as a loose man at the other end. Basically gave them the +1 in defense they wanted and threw our dynamic +1 to the wolves. Was just ridiculous move from the very start. Then when he threw a 2nd extra defender back in Reid I honestly wanted to throw the laptop out the window. Also didn't like McVeigh forward as the only guy who was actually even thinking about lowering his eyes off half back but you wont win many games when the midfield just doesn't show up like that. Parker and Kennedy basically played like they did the 1st 6 rounds (the whole team basically instantly regressed back to that). Also reckon that with the moisture we went in too tall, not sure you could drop Sinclair after the game he played the week before but I'm not sure Horse has ever once adjusted the team for wet weather. Also hate that Cunningham was selected, the guy is an out and out spud, he's the karmic response to me giving my Eagles fans mates so much crap about Pat McGinnity over the years and the joke that he obviously had pictures of Woosha, well Cunningham is our less talented and less physical version of him...

The worst thing is we're stuck with Horse, I'm convinced that he's cost us probably 2 flags on talent with his coaching, admittedly we probably shouldn't won the one we did but I think we have had the best list for probably the last 4 years now and got zilch to show for it and I reckon the Giants are going to slam everyone's windows shut next year, the fact they're in a prelim with the injuries they've had is just scary.

15. Likes hedgehog, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree the backline is too tall, but just not sure who they could bring in.

Could move Williams to the backline for Corr (or Haynes if knee is sore) but who to bring in? Devon Smith perhaps if he's fit.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I reckon the Giants are going to slam everyone's windows shut next year, the fact they're in a prelim with the injuries they've had is just scary.
    On this, the injuries issue for GWS is (IMO) a non-issue. They would not have performed any better if they had their best 22 available every week. When you are replacing elite talent with elite talent then it doesn't matter. Unlike most teams where if star players are injured you are bringing in players who have deficiencies, GWS can just plug and play another first rounder (or Deledio or SJ). The thing for me, is that I don't think they get significantly better. I think they will win one in the next couple of years but they won't be miles better than everyone else.

18. Likes Narkee liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    On this, the injuries issue for GWS is (IMO) a non-issue. They would not have performed any better if they had their best 22 available every week. When you are replacing elite talent with elite talent then it doesn't matter. Unlike most teams where if star players are injured you are bringing in players who have deficiencies, GWS can just plug and play another first rounder (or Deledio or SJ). The thing for me, is that I don't think they get significantly better. I think they will win one in the next couple of years but they won't be miles better than everyone else.
    They weren't like for like, we overrate their depth greatly, yes Taranto, Hopper, Perryman, Kennedy, Himmelberg and the like are first round picks with potential but they were fielding those 5 as well as Lloyd, Mzungu, De Boer and Sam Reid for extended periods, they've lost most of their depth over the past few years and just have talented kids that will be better for the run and career role players as their depth.

Adam Kennedy is a huge loss, he's their best lock down small defender. Coniglio is their 2nd best midfielder, Whitfield is one of their best, Cameron is an elite KPF, Mumford is an elite ruck, Deledio is a shadow of what he was but if he's fit next year, look out, even Hopper missed a ton of football, Taranto missed, Devon Smith, Greene (suspension but still) and Griffen basically hasn't played and even a bit washed up he's better than the kids or Fremantle's rejects at this point.

There is also the fact that even when they're playing, they're underdone from the interrupted season/pre-season that they had and thus aren't playing at their usual level. I just reckon this is that year where they come out so much stronger because a bunch of guys who shouldn't have been playing are all racking up 10-15 games and will be that much better for it so the injury issue will not be as significant in the future if it strikes.

I do think that the other clubs have done a brilliant job of targeting and stealing their depth away from them every year and that has at least evened their list out but I still think that their best 22 is just so much better, their bottom 6 is still the likes of Taranto, Hopper, Griffen and Stevie J but only if they can get the best side on the field. I do have a few doubts over Cameron as the coach though which could hinder them long term.