Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Round 19 Trades

With a couple of players in Greene & Zorko suspended this week ( & next in the case of Toby ) along with Nank hitting a wall, what are with those with trades thinking?

Channelling my inner @Athomas , I am considering going unique & looking at Toby McLean in SC as Greene's replacment (I have 4 trades left so feel I can move him on, don't want to start Nank if I can avoid it).

McLean's last 5 games :- 98,86,123,115 & 97 (104 avg last 5). Did catch a bit of the dogs last few games & the commentators pointed out that he is getting much more mid time now @divvydan your thoughts on him? Priced at $485,500 currently.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

2. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 19 Trades

Greene missing 2 out 5 weeks remaining means I will trade him.
    Zorko will cover with Witherden and Nank I've been looping with Greenwood or SPP when possible.

Bit lucky with the Greene trade as I have MacCrae still in the mids so I will move him back to the fwds and trade Greene to a mid.
    Got the option of just using 1 trade and getting someone underpriced like Beams or create some more dpp and loopholes and use a 2nd trade so I can get Titchell and leave myself some cash for the next required sideways trade.

4. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

I have Greene in DT, will hold as I only have two trades left, and can cover with Riewoldt/Greenwood.

In terms of your question Bunga, without having seen McLean play, I think going a unique option is a reasonable play. Given injuries to Walters/Wingard, and that you already have Macrae/Ryder, the best performed forwards recently are primarily KPFs, who are inherently going to be inconsistent. Having said that, forwards from teams with relatively easy runs home might be worth having a look. Latching on to one unique forward who has a day out and scores 150 or something probably does more for your points gained. I like Melbourne and Essendon's run home; if you have a good use for the money elsewhere, and you have a decent loophole option someone like Hogan @360k could be worth a look - difficult to get a read on his formline but two x 100s in the games where he wasn't a) coming back from cancer, b) coming back from leave to be with his father and c) losing the plot and hitting someone. Probably the kind of guy who'd score 40, 90, 100, 110, 140 - if you can loophole out the bad game it could work out well for you. But he's got games against North, Brisbane, Saints, Pies and GWS to come. Bare in mind that WB's run gets trickier than the last few weeks.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

6. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    With a couple of players in Greene & Zorko suspended this week ( & next in the case of Toby ) along with Nank hitting a wall, what are with those with trades thinking?

Channelling my inner @Athomas , I am considering going unique & looking at Toby McLean in SC as Greene's replacment (I have 4 trades left so feel I can move him on, don't want to start Nank if I can avoid it).

McLean's last 5 games :- 98,86,123,115 & 97 (104 avg last 5). Did catch a bit of the dogs last few games & the commentators pointed out that he is getting much more mid time now @divvydan your thoughts on him? Priced at $485,500 currently.
    There's definitely been a notable change of role for McLean, as he's certainly been getting more midfield time, somewhat at the expense of Dahlhaus. I picked him up in LOL, which I guess suggests that he can be a good option for the rest of the season. The big unknown is whether or not his role will change over the next few weeks but I certainly think he's capable of averaging 95+ SC in his current role and potentially 100+.

If you want to save a little more money, Wallis, Gunston and De Goey are all unique options.

8. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    There's definitely been a notable change of role for McLean, as he's certainly been getting more midfield time, somewhat at the expense of Dahlhaus. I picked him up in LOL, which I guess suggests that he can be a good option for the rest of the season. The big unknown is whether or not his role will change over the next few weeks but I certainly think he's capable of averaging 95+ SC in his current role and potentially 100+.

If you want to save a little more money, Wallis, Gunston and De Goey are all unique options.
    I like De Goey as an option especially with Pendles out.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suspect most people will go with JJK, especially since he's at home against Brisbane this week.

11. Likes Elvs1 liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect most people will go with JJK, especially since he's at home against Brisbane this week.
    noooooooo leave JJK he's all mine!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Carlton at home 2 weeks later.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought I'd say it but Joe Daniher has to be considered. Just imposing himself on games now and getting runs on the ball as 2nd ruck. Nice run home.

Also Cale Hooker scored 132sc on the weekend

Jack Martin the other one worth a look
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I trade this week comes down to whether Gawn plays entirely.

If he doesn't then I need to find a solution in a viable price range (probs stef)
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    I never thought I'd say it but Joe Daniher has to be considered. Just imposing himself on games now and getting runs on the ball as 2nd ruck. Nice run home.

Also Cale Hooker scored 132sc on the weekend

Jack Martin the other one worth a look
    Keep your hands off my early 2018 boy

I'm going to find it hard to not pick Daniher to start with next year, kid is a gun. That said I think there are probably 5 or 6 forwards that fit that category for me already. Backs I think I just take the Doch, Laird and whoever combo so I can load up on Daniher, Wingard, Heeney, Papley et al.

I have Miller to cover Greene so will probably just hold him but tempted to dump him as well
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    I like De Goey as an option especially with Pendles out.
    Check teams, Degoey played all F50 when Darc went down.
    - twitter @mammes

18. Likes Elvs1 liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering trading Nank to someone like DeGoey and hanging onto Greene. If I was to trade Greene, I'd probably do similar to @Elvs1 and look at a mid as I also effectively have the extra FWD (bench Nank / Greenwood).
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Considering trading Nank to someone like DeGoey and hanging onto Greene. If I was to trade Greene, I'd probably do similar to @Elvs1 and look at a mid as I also effectively have the extra FWD (bench Nank / Greenwood).
    I'm keeping Nank just for ruck cover.
    Starting to warm to the idea of Greene to JJK now given his price and run home.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    I'm keeping Nank just for ruck cover.
    Starting to warm to the idea of Greene to JJK now given his price and run home.
    I've already got Ryder for ruck cover so may trade Nank straight to JJK and keep Greene. Only "downside" is JJK plays late most rounds so not many opportunities to loophole him even when Greene comes back.
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th