Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 16 2017

Preuss and Griffin both miss for their respective teams.

Joel Smith is back for his 2nd game of the season after playing 1 comeback game in the VFL. If you're looking for a final bench defender who appears to have very good job security, Smith would be a solid option.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    I don't get the Darcy trade. 3rd most popular trade in with 11,000+ bringing him in in SC and almost 4000 of those trades involve Sandi to him. RUCK only. Scores of 50 and 99. Are people hoping to play Darcy on the ground? Big risk IMO. I get the Preuss to Darcy trade for cash and cover but not Sandi.
    Difference between us folk going for overall and those folks who want to win their leagues. People who only care about a league would still have 10+ trades so they get the best cover and cash cows are still a factor for them at this point rather than chasing every point on field.

It's funny how quickly you forget just how different league play is to overall play. I reckon I'd almost struggle to win my mates leagues now even if I tried! I mean I'm only 5th in the old work league I'm in and I didn't win it last year!
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Difference between us folk going for overall and those folks who want to win their leagues. People who only care about a league would still have 10+ trades so they get the best cover and cash cows are still a factor for them at this point rather than chasing every point on field.

It's funny how quickly you forget just how different league play is to overall play. I reckon I'd almost struggle to win my mates leagues now even if I tried! I mean I'm only 5th in the old work league I'm in and I didn't win it last year!
    I'm already being talked up as going out in straight sets in my mates league. I won it about 6 years ago, since then they have all got very good at league play (saving trades, waiting on cows, playing the opponent for that week) and I'm regularly out of trades. There's a decent chance I will be out in straight sets this year.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I'm already being talked up as going out in straight sets in my mates league. I won it about 6 years ago, since then they have all got very good at league play (saving trades, waiting on cows, playing the opponent for that week) and I'm regularly out of trades. There's a decent chance I will be out in straight sets this year.
    Yeah, it's so different with the cow timing and a league based side should be about 100 points better come round 20 than an overall side because of all the extra cash generated and the ability to time everything.

Obviously after where I ranked last year I've got a massive bullseye on me as well, so everyone is timing trades to try and beat me. I've scored more than 600 points more than anyone else in the league and lost half my games

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Yeah, it's so different with the cow timing and a league based side should be about 100 points better come round 20 than an overall side because of all the extra cash generated and the ability to time everything.

Obviously after where I ranked last year I've got a massive bullseye on me as well, so everyone is timing trades to try and beat me. I've scored more than 600 points more than anyone else in the league and lost half my games
    Yep. I talk a lot of smack in my league, so I get targeted a lot with opponents using trades to beat me that week. Hasn't worked this year though.

#subtlebrag

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Yep. I talk a lot of smack in my league, so I get targeted a lot with opponents using trades to beat me that week. Hasn't worked this year though.

#subtlebrag
    The positive with my league is that half the prize goes to best overall rank at least, I much prefer leagues like that as overall will always be my #1 focus.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mates all play LOL for their league but it kind of works for me because I can play that one for match ups and RDT for ranking.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2588 overall in LOL but undefeated in my league

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The year I came 11th overall, I won my work cash league (just). The following year 16th I went out before the prelims.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    The year I came 11th overall, I won my work cash league (just). The following year 16th I went out before the prelims.
    Tight again this year. Be good to try and invigorate the league next year.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

No changes to Giants, Hawks

AFLVerified account @AFL 28 seconds agoMore

Jeremy Howe has been replaced in Collingwood's side by Matt Scharenberg. No changes for @EssendonFC. #AFLPiesDons

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

David Mundy a late out for Freo, Ryan Nyhuis comes in to make his debut. No change for Nth Melbourne.