CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2017 AFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I'm with AT that Williamson or even Byrne (not sure where he is with his recovery but he looked really good as a rookie) would get first crack at that role but I daresay they'll just share the load more on the rebounding front. Does make Simpson a very interesting option though, he's already a pretty solid option even with Doch there but have to think he is their #1 rebounder again without Doch even if they do want to get some of the kids involved.

Think Cripps and Simpson are just about the only Blues who aren't rookies that are really worth looking at this year. Murphy with a flawless preseason probably has to get some consideration after last year but durability always looms in the background with him. Maybe someone like Matt Kennedy could also come into consideration with FWD status.
    Yep. I'm keen on Simpson myself this year. Kennedy is mid only ~350K, don't think can justify him without forward status.

Cripps seems too cheap to ignore. Garlett is MID/FWD rookie priced so if he looks likely to play Round 1, he's in my team. I also like LOB (O'Brien) who apparently has DEF status and at Pick 10, shouldn't be too pricey, if he is named Round 1 too.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

2. Likes Wogitalia liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: 2017 AFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I'm with AT that Williamson or even Byrne (not sure where he is with his recovery but he looked really good as a rookie) would get first crack at that role but I daresay they'll just share the load more on the rebounding front. Does make Simpson a very interesting option though, he's already a pretty solid option even with Doch there but have to think he is their #1 rebounder again without Doch even if they do want to get some of the kids involved.
    I was talking in comparison with O'Shea.

In regards to their youth I can definitely see the merits in giving it to Williamson or someone else if they felt that he could grow into the role.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos