Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 11 Trades

Not exactly sure of trade plans yet. Was going to move one of Otten/McGrath but after both having strong games I'll be kind of tempted to hold, especially with Perryman being sub par.

With any luck, Eddy returns, I don't 'need' him but it would be great to have him back in the team and start making some cash. had 19 touches, 9 marks and kicked 4.3 on the weekend so hopefully that's pushing forward a strong claim for a position this week against Hawthorn.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 11 Trades

Can't see Eddy coming in personally. Thought Johnson was ahead of him by all reports. Did Johnson play on the weekend?

I'm getting the feeling JJK is not a 1-2 week injury so will have to trade him out. Will probably focus heavy on Ryder / Lynch / Harbrow this week, and hope whichever 2 I pick can actually average well for the year and not just cover byes the next 3 weeks.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone considering Scott Selwood?
    Back to back 100's, great bye R12.
    Scores so far
    DT 119, 119, 330k.
    SC 102, 112, 281k

Might be a touch too expensive in DT, his scores have mainly come from insane tackle numbers 17 both games.

Has had some history of scoring well especially when not tagging.
    2012, 2013 avg 97,108/104,104

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to his durability and 17 tackles last two weeks, not for me.

If can maintain it though for 3-4 weeks, would be a solid trade in.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    Anyone considering Scott Selwood?
    Back to back 100's, great bye R12.
    Scores so far
    DT 119, 119, 330k.
    SC 102, 112, 281k

Might be a touch too expensive in DT, his scores have mainly come from insane tackle numbers 17 both games.

Has had some history of scoring well especially when not tagging.
    2012, 2013 avg 97,108/104,104
    Was just about to ask the same question.

Well within my thinking in RDT. Straightens up my bye structure and has a proven scoring history. Also helped by the fact that the most there aren't 2 really strong downgrade targets with Perryman and Bolton both scoring poorly.

SC probably harder to pull the trigger for me given I've got Jelwood, Danger and Dusty already for r12 mids and Bolton scored much better in his first game there, so will actually make cash.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    Was just about to ask the same question.

Well within my thinking in RDT. Straightens up my bye structure and has a proven scoring history. Also helped by the fact that the most there aren't 2 really strong downgrade targets with Perryman and Bolton both scoring poorly.

SC probably harder to pull the trigger for me given I've got Jelwood, Danger and Dusty already for r12 mids and Bolton scored much better in his first game there, so will actually make cash.
    I'm thinking of straight swapping for SPP.
    SPP is maxed out and not scoring that well, and I'm so short of R12 guys that I doubt SPP would even make the field let alone best 18 for me in R12.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been sidewaysing with nearly every trade this season so why stop now! Even with Dusty and Jelwood, Scooter still works for me in SC from a bye perspective. However, I doubt he can keep up the 100s and at that price, that's what you'd want in the mids, unless you have the trades up your sleeve to ride him for 3-5 weeks and then upgrade to a genuine premo. At a 90 avg, he should get to around $450k. Also, I can't help but feel there has been a blip in Geelong scoring generally (see Danger and Jelwood) over the past two weeks due the return to "Skilled". Obviously, they've got another one this week against the Crows and then four more for the rest of the season.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my trade plans are going to be shifted too i think. Otten was going to go, but he can have another game now, was going to bring in Perryman but he barely go near it, not sure if he's even worth grabbing...also Barrett was going to go, but his BE is real low now, so Berry will perhaps go first, but i do still want to move McGrath down to someone, as i need cash. But perhaps i could shift all my plans back a week with Lloyd who i was gonna bring in R12 going down super early and going to drop even more in cash when he returns. And Stef the other R12 trade in target getting his score mauled by Archie Smith...no idea what to do with rucks if Archie stays in the team.
    I may just end up settling with Berry -> Greenwood only this week. If there's enough downgrade targets to nab Rd12/13.
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For those considering players from the Port/GCS player pool is that those players have an extra game's worth to outscore the alternatives.

The only option that really interests me is Ryder. Although Lynch, Hall & Harbrow have merit.

With an average of 93.8 he's looking at 1219.4 points for the rest of the season. Which is comparable to the likes of Stef (1250.4) who has the Archie Smith boogie monster looming over his head.

The only player that would indicate a severe gap is Mumford who would be at 1286.4. Providing that he plays every week (which is never a given) he's on track to have most of the field covered by 50-60 points.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

10. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Port players

Think Polec is terrific value right now. Last 5 ave is 101.8 in rdt and it appears to me he's got a similar role to what the like of Hibberd (Mel) and Docherty has.
    only in 0.5% teams as well, could be a massive POD during the bye period and onwards.

12. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    FFC Premium
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the option of Will Brodie.

He is at 180k (RDT) but will play through the byes and has good wraps on him.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KickItToButch View Post
    Speaking of Port players

Think Polec is terrific value right now. Last 5 ave is 101.8 in rdt and it appears to me he's got a similar role to what the like of Hibberd (Mel) and Docherty has.
    only in 0.5% teams as well, could be a massive POD during the bye period and onwards.
    He did look very good v Geelong. However, if you're spending $450k, he pretty much has to be your M8. Great pick if he goes 105-110 for the rest of the season but his best season average was 81 over 21 games in 2014. He's then had 70-75 over two injury affected seasons. I'm not sure even a raging HB role is enough to get him there. I prefer Scooter at $280k, even with one less game over the bye rounds.

If only he were a BACK....
    Last edited by Wheedus; 29th May 2017 at 04:25 PM.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

15. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    He did look very good v Geelong. However, if you're spending $450k, he pretty much has to be your M8. Great pick if he goes 105-110 for the rest of the season but his best season average was 81 over 21 games in 2014. He's then had 70-75 over two injury affected seasons. I'm not sure even a raging HB role is enough to get him there. I prefer Scooter at $280k, even with one less game over the bye rounds.

Agree wheedus. Midfield is not the spot to waste on midpricers. You want the best of the best coming home.

17. Likes Big Sledge #32 liked this post
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post

Fair enough. Maybe one for lolfantasy with the position changes.

Hopefully he returns a defender next season, it's where he's mostly played this season, so he should.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My planned trades got thrown a little bit out the window with all of Otten, McGrath and Barrett scoring well. Its a good problem to have though, not complaining.

Looking at Balic to Greenwood and SPP to Selwood/Dusty. Leaning Selwood at the moment, mainly cause I cant stand the guy - if he is smashing it and he is in my team, it lessons the annoyance.

Barrett to Greenwood was my original plan but Balic out suits the bye structure better. Ideally wanted to keep SPP for bye coverage, but value the money McGrath will make a bit more highly at this point.
    Only ever talking SC