Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 7 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Wogi what do you make of Melicans job security? He looked pretty impressive in the half I saw him, very composed for a 2nd gamer.

Cant comment on McNeice, just didnt see enough of him. EVW was impressive in his 1st game, didnt see a whole lot of his second. He passes the eye test though, his field kicking is quite good and has penetration on it. The big thing for me is EVW has the R12 bye, something not many of the noteworthy defenders have this year.
    No idea on Melican, he took Aliir's spot as the KPD2 but I think there is room for both until Rampe is back and Melican is ahead right now, he's been very far from our worst in both his games, actually been among our better players (which isn't saying much...)

Think he should get a couple more weeks at least but he's probably only one week where he gets 6 kicked on him (which the way we're playing is very possible for all our defenders) from being out for Aliir, I don't have a clue why Aliir was dropped in the first place as he's clearly a better fit for our side than Melican, Marsh or Laidler because we need defenders who can actually get the ball outside of our defensive 50 but Horse sees things very differently to me and he seems to prefer a strategy that involves us losing the I50 time by as much as is possible with one of the most talented teams in the league...

Don't reckon there is a major difference on any of the back rookies, probably Melican has lower scoring potential than the others but I haven't seen them and he's a KPD who can score 100s in SC quite easily. Much better SC option though.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    @Elvs1 @Hodges - thoughts on JOM & Roughy in SC? Think it is time for me to bite the bullet & dump them both, very underwhelming scores so far this season
    I think its time to move JOM on for sure, just doesnt look like it at all. I would have said the same for Roughy, but vs the Saints he had a 41 point DT last quarter - apparently was playing second ruck. I stopped watching so cant confirm on that, but if he is playing around the ball theres a chance he recovers his average. Big if though.
    Only ever talking SC

3. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    @Elvs1 @Hodges - thoughts on JOM & Roughy in SC? Think it is time for me to bite the bullet & dump them both, very underwhelming scores so far this season
    Agree, both have been disappointing but really the whole team has been, we're getting flogged.
    They could turn it around but when who knows when and you'll be losing a lot of points and cash generation waiting.
    Although given the suspensions and injuries for this round you may have to hold them for another week.

Perhaps hope Lewis gives an error hand ball to Rough for a goal or two

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

My trades look like being Prafitt to Parsons and Beams to Docherty.
    - twitter @mammes

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initially I was pretty keen to hold Beams but using this as an oppurtunity to take a super premium.

Out Parfit and Beams
    In Parsons and Zerrett

7. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also first time owning Zerrett (never had him last season) so half exepcting to break him considering my season.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeo for Beams in the mids leaves me enough cash to bring in Heeney for McCarthy. Will move Yeo down to the forwards once I trade roughy at some point in the few next weeks
    We talk shit, deliver nothing