Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 6 Trades

What was the reason for Balic missing last week? Seems to be a lot of people getting him, considering he missed a week and hasn't scored overly well.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He pulled up sore with a hip complaint. The fact that he was straight back in once fit is good enough to me to think he will play a few games and be given his chance. His second game he scored OK, Freo "playing the kids" and good junior pedigree also factor into it.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    What was the reason for Balic missing last week? Seems to be a lot of people getting him, considering he missed a week and hasn't scored overly well.
    Had a hip issue. I liked the fact that they brought him straight back in, especially for the derby. I think it shows he has some decent job security (ross lyon caveat).

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    My main issue this week is still the number of non-playing benchies - Hibberd, Barrett, Miles, Eddy along with Strnadica. As much as I'd like to trade SPP to Fisher and upgrade WHE to Macrae, I reckon I've gotta de-risk and sideways another one of the rookies to Balic. I'm happy to hold Hibbo for the M/B flex with Adams and I reckon Barrett isn't far off so Miles to Balic looks like the 2nd trade. Will then trade WHE to Macrae next week. Macrae projected to add $7,600 and with WHE's BE 69, the price movement should be pretty close the neutral.

EDIT - I should have asked @Hodges - what's your view on Miles' chances of getting back in the side any time soon?
    Dont think its great TBH. Had a chance from the PS form but didnt make the most of it. Would imagine Clarko will be giving games to whoever is having good form in the 2s, considering the depth of similar talent players we have. Hasnt been named emergency from what ive seen, so cant imagine he comes back in the next few weeks at least.
    Only ever talking SC

5. Likes Wheedus liked this post