ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 6 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Promising indeed. Downside would be deciding who to bench from the back rookies.
    Lots saying McGrath will be rested which takes one out of the equation.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Promising indeed. Downside would be deciding who to bench from the back rookies.
    Perfect scenario for me. Means I can shift Adams to the mids and play Otten, Hampton and Newman with no rookies on the ground in the mids. Bizarre season this one.
    Last edited by Wheedus; 27th April 2017 at 02:24 PM.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah McGrath getting rested this week would be perfect, providing Newman plays.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

https://twitter.com/adamcurleymedia/...44982818340864

23 Giants on the track in Canberra, Taranto - the likely in - & Perryman the extras added to R5 team with Davis already out @AFL

5. Likes Athomas, Narkee, Crows88 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    From Adam Curley on Twitter:
    As expected no recall for Aliir, on the plane to Darwin with the NEAFL team, Florent, Laidler & Towers also on the plane.

Somewhat promising news for Newman at least.

EDIT: and somewhat more promising:

Longmire: "Nic Newman is a chance to come in and replace him because he has played some good senior football for us this year."
    Textbook ****ing Horse... drop a guy for playing "good senior football for us" instead of the 4 or 5 guys who haven't gone remotely close to that this year. Horse is just completely useless, it saddens me to imagine what our list could have done with even a decent coach over the last 5 years...
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone else with the trio of Roughy/Swallow/WHE? If so, looking to keep any or trade?

At this stage I'm looking at going Roughy down however not sure who I should be moving up or whether it matters at all. WHE means I avoid the price drop and the chance to possibly keep Swallow should I want to for some reason. Swallow means I get a WHE score over a rookie which might be good depending on how he goes and I guess another final look at him.

Kind of feel I'll move all 3 in the next 2 weeks given I might be able to move the 3rd up to a premium when I do another downgrade next week. So do I give WHE a chance to put up a good score or cut him down to save myself losing some cash potentially. Always the chance WHE can buy himself more time but I doubt it.

Just curious as to what others are thinking thata may find themselves in a similar position.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With WHE it depends on the game. IN DT his BE is 93, which appears unlikely. In SC it's a more manageable 70 (of course he has been scoring more in DT). I'm holding in SC and trading in DT. Thankfully, I avoided the other two in SC and DT.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this stage im keeping Swallow, moving Pickett and WHE. Pickett isnt making anymore cash and will be a liability through the byes so happy to chop him for Balic. Swallow clearly isnt right so the rest should do wonders for him. Thats the hope anyway, when he was fit he was scoring 90+. Happy to hold him for now and give him one game when he returns - if its still scratchy he is gone, but he could still be a good cash generator.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My main issue this week is still the number of non-playing benchies - Hibberd, Barrett, Miles, Eddy along with Strnadica. As much as I'd like to trade SPP to Fisher and upgrade WHE to Macrae, I reckon I've gotta de-risk and sideways another one of the rookies to Balic. I'm happy to hold Hibbo for the M/B flex with Adams and I reckon Barrett isn't far off so Miles to Balic looks like the 2nd trade. Will then trade WHE to Macrae next week. Macrae projected to add $7,600 and with WHE's BE 69, the price movement should be pretty close the neutral.

EDIT - I should have asked @Hodges - what's your view on Miles' chances of getting back in the side any time soon?
    Last edited by Wheedus; 28th April 2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have Swallow and WHE in RDT, full trio in Lolfantasy.

Initially i was so angry at swallow i just wanted him gone. But i also have a plethora of dead af rookies on my benches (pickett, eddy, barrett, hibberd, cameron). Hibberd does let me flex adams or mcgrath, which i may use this week to get mcgrath on field in mids. But now is a good time to trade for no cash because not looking at any upgrades right away, but i can make no money by trading Eddy too.
    Eddy or Pickett to Balic should be one trade, not sure about second. Think i will be patient with Swallow and WHE. I haven't seen swallow play much, but have seen a few WHE games, and he is either a ghost or in the action, no in between. It was all role dependent though. In the last q on Tues he moved to play on Tippa and got involved in the play so much more. So will hold out some hope he gets a more reactive role so the ball can find him because he's useless at finding the ball lol. Main reason i'm holding is because so many will jump off and i'm gambling at banking a big one when most jump ship, but that could backfire nicely.
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What position was WHE playing in the first two rounds? Since I've had him it looks like he just sits on one flank do he's very relient on Collingwood playing oh his side of the ground to get the ball which I don't like.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHE's been rotating from the flank to the wing from what I've seen and certainly scores better when thrown closer the ball. (See 4th quarter against ESS).

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Swallow out is good news I think. Hopefully he gets over his niggle and plenty jump off
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

15. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My trades out options are Roughead and Pickett, willing to give JOM another look.

On the ins I've considered doing double downgrades to build up a bank which would mean Balic and Fisher. However, not completely in love with either of these guys (let alone both) and there may be some other rookies next week which I prefer (ie. parson, black, EVW if they retain their spots). I also am keen to get the upgrades going as early as possible.

As such, I think an option is to do 1 downgrade and then an upgrade to Michael Hibberd who I think looks set to be in the top 6 defenders this year. This would require me to swing Adams into the mids and is somewhat counter-intuitive as defenders are the area where there is probably a less of a need for an upgrade. I do like having this link though and it would give flexibility when moving Otten/Hampton on in a couple of weeks.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SC will probably be Taranto -> Balic/Fisher and Hoskin-Elliot -> Franklin. I like Sydney's draw in the coming weeks and he's at a nice price IMO. Was considering trading Swallow instead, but I think he could be great use during the bye rounds.

RDT is currently Marchbank -> Balic and SPP -> Merrett, which means I'm only playing one mid rookie, with Swallow to move to M8 when he's back.