Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Re: Round 6 Trades

Thoughts on Alex-Neal Bullen in RDT?

Watching him on Monday night; I think he's the real deal. Seems to have a very natural DT game. Scores of 110, 60, 141, 95 & 91 in the first 5 rounds. Averaging 7 tackles per game as well which is strong, to go with 4 games above 20 touches. I feel he would've score more than 91 on Monday had Melbourne not literally stopped in the last 10 minutes due to being two players down, he basically didn't score in the second half of the final quarter.

Probably most importantly though, forwards seem to be quite low averaging this season. Roo, Macrae and Dahlhaus a clear top 3 all averaging 105ish, Walker/Lynch/Cameron/Buddy all around the 100 mark but no guarantee of maintaining that.

Currently priced at $450k, and his current scoring puts him well on track to be a top 6 forward, and even with a dip down to a 95ppg average, that's still within a few ppg of the 6th highest averaging forward for the year. Despite the +200k on his original price, this still puts him at decent value for this week (but probably not for much longer). in 23% of teams as well which is a bit higher than I thought. Not sure what impact Lewis back/no ruckman will have, he scored 110 and 60 in his two games with Lewis. Only scored 32 points in the 2 quarters since Spencer got injured however.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

2. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Thoughts on Alex-Neal Bullen in RDT?

Watching him on Monday night; I think he's the real deal. Seems to have a very natural DT game. Scores of 110, 60, 141, 95 & 91 in the first 5 rounds. Averaging 7 tackles per game as well which is strong, to go with 4 games above 20 touches. I feel he would've score more than 91 on Monday had Melbourne not literally stopped in the last 10 minutes due to being two players down, he basically didn't score in the second half of the final quarter.

Probably most importantly though, forwards seem to be quite low averaging this season. Roo, Macrae and Dahlhaus a clear top 3 all averaging 105ish, Walker/Lynch/Cameron/Buddy all around the 100 mark but no guarantee of maintaining that.

Currently priced at $450k, and his current scoring puts him well on track to be a top 6 forward, and even with a dip down to a 95ppg average, that's still within a few ppg of the 6th highest averaging forward for the year. Despite the +200k on his original price, this still puts him at decent value for this week (but probably not for much longer). in 23% of teams as well which is a bit higher than I thought. Not sure what impact Lewis back/no ruckman will have, he scored 110 and 60 in his two games with Lewis. Only scored 32 points in the 2 quarters since Spencer got injured however.
    I have him in LOL and he has been great. The issue is that if you have Nick R, Macrae and Dahlhaus (who are clear top 6 fwds) then you are carrying 3 R11 bye fwds before any rookies. Add ANB and it's 4. Now you can hide one (or more) in the mids but that comes at a cost to Rocky, Zorko, MM etc. I don't think he scores high enough to overcome the bye issue.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

RDT - trying to decide which one of Roughead (BE 88), Swallow (BE 92) or WHE (BE 92) to keep. Swallow is probably my preferred option, but leaves me starting a donkey (possibly Pickett ) so it's a really even discussion for mine.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    RDT - trying to decide which one of Roughead (BE 88), Swallow (BE 92) or WHE (BE 92) to keep. Swallow is probably my preferred option, but leaves me starting a donkey (possibly Pickett ) so it's a really even discussion for mine.
    swallow is the only one likely to score at a decent clip. he could easily knock out a 100 where I don't see either of the other 2 doing so.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Lot of decent rookies over the next two weeks, imo, and a lot of rookies that need to change the equation to have not peaked now so it's downgrade season for me.

Hardwick, Balic and Fisher are all likely on the bubble this week and all look very decent options to me, especially Fisher as a rare mid target.

You're likely going to have Parsons, Black, Melican, EVW, Johnson and McNiece as candidates to be on the bubble next week. I only saw Johnson of that group but he was really good and the others all scored strongly.

Personally I think that nearly all those names are probably just about worth taking the 100k+ on the likes of Turner, Parfitt, Butler, SPP, et al and using the second round of rookies to finish the side.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just took a look at Sloane's price at 700k in RDT

Since his first game back where he scored 68, he's gone 152, 139, 142 and 132 - in insane form!

And whilst I'm on Adelaide players, I hope Brad Crouch scores like 90 odd to make sure there's no temptation on my end as if he goes 100+ I fear I'll get sucked in.

8. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Lot of decent rookies over the next two weeks, imo, and a lot of rookies that need to change the equation to have not peaked now so it's downgrade season for me.

Hardwick, Balic and Fisher are all likely on the bubble this week and all look very decent options to me, especially Fisher as a rare mid target.

You're likely going to have Parsons, Black, Melican, EVW, Johnson and McNiece as candidates to be on the bubble next week. I only saw Johnson of that group but he was really good and the others all scored strongly.

Personally I think that nearly all those names are probably just about worth taking the 100k+ on the likes of Turner, Parfitt, Butler, SPP, et al and using the second round of rookies to finish the side.
    I think you are bang on there. The rookies we have at the moment just arent looking like making much more cash, so although it seems really early to go on them it might be the play. And just use the second round of rookies as the cash generators like you said.

@Athomas is Fisher keeping anyone important out of the side? Given Carlton is just playing the kids this year, he seems the safest option to keep his spot. Next up would be Balic for much the same reasons, if Dockers keep winning you wouldnt think Ross would drop the kids for senior players - and if they start losing, you keep playing the kids. Hardwick im less certain on, Hawks have a bunch of players in his tier and it wouldnt surprise me to see a bunch of them rotated through throughout the year. Guys currently out of the side include Schoenmakers, Kade Stewart (main threat), Duryea, Whitecross, Henderson, Birchall, JOM, Vickery and O'Rourke. Obviously they play a bunch of positions but thats a long list of players that will no doubt play seniors at some point again this year.

The downgrades also make sense right now because Martin and Pendles are going to be very cheap in 2 weeks time.
    Only ever talking SC

10. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Hodges
    While I think Fisher is relatively safe, we do have a lot of fringe mid depth who will be given games throughout the year, including kids.

Best 22 to come back in: Thomas (unfortunately )
    Kids in side: Polson, Fisher, SPS
    Kids to come in: Cunningham
    Fringe: Graham, Kerridge, Smedts
    Outer Fringe / Depth: Boekhorst, Palmer

So based on this, Fisher is in the side for now, but Thomas is apparently coming straight back in this week (not sure who for) and Graham/Cunningham have both been very good in the VFL. I like Kerridge as well, and he and Smedts both were good last week too. Long story short, while I think Bolton will be playing kids, Graham/Cunningham/Smedts are also youngish and will be given chances through out the next month (and that's before considering if Kerridge/Palmer can fill in if players are tired.)

I'm trading Fisher in and I think his job security is better than Balic (how can anyone trust Lyon ) and Hardwick (has seemed ok but Hawks have mids to rotate him with as well such as Stewart) so yeah not a lock by any stretch.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

12. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I really liked what I saw from Fisher last week, super good foot skills and composure for a kid in a team getting thumped, he was about the only Blue who ever looked like hitting a target when he had the ball in the midfield going inside 50, lowers his eyes and just hits it clean by foot.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's probably the only player shorter than Bolton. He'll be first picked every week!
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

15. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont know what fisher and balic's sc scores are like, but dt averages dont inspire much confidence- they'll both top out at 250k if they maintain their current averages, which is not what I need given the plethora of rookie spuds i have sitting on the bench. Of the two, balic seems to have more potential, given he's scored 73, and the mid/forward link could be useful as I might need to move miller to the mids and nank to the rucks in round 9, which will stretch my bench. may well move miller on before then, though, as he's been rubbish.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Just took a look at Sloane's price at 700k in RDT

Since his first game back where he scored 68, he's gone 152, 139, 142 and 132 - in insane form!

And whilst I'm on Adelaide players, I hope Brad Crouch scores like 90 odd to make sure there's no temptation on my end as if he goes 100+ I fear I'll get sucked in.
    I got sucked in in lolfantasy, but it is lolfantasy for a reason

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Round 6 Trades

From Adam Curley on Twitter:
    As expected no recall for Aliir, on the plane to Darwin with the NEAFL team, Florent, Laidler & Towers also on the plane.

Somewhat promising news for Newman at least.

EDIT: and somewhat more promising:

Longmire: "Nic Newman is a chance to come in and replace him because he has played some good senior football for us this year."
    Last edited by pvcyclone; 27th April 2017 at 10:51 AM.

19. Likes Crows88, Bunga, Athomas liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news, hope he comes in!
    Only ever talking SC

21. Likes Crows88 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promising indeed. Downside would be deciding who to bench from the back rookies.