Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 5 Trades

Haven't looked at trades yet but better to get this thread going early.

Freo fwd/mid worth a look?

Kicking myself that I didn't move Roughead to Murphy like I considered, ended up keeping Roughead and brought Swallow in instead which is a pretty solid slap to the face after 1 round.

I really don't like my team this year, I've already used 5 trades and I would love to side swap some 'premiums' but I'm just going to have to ride with them I think.

2. Likes Hodges, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 5 Trades

Frustrating early!

I'll try to resist trading but have Roughy as one problem and no Adams/Laird/Doc as another. Could consider getting one of Laird/Doc in.

I don't think Balic is a must by any stretch. I quite like Williamson, but doubt I'll get him in.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Roughy and to a lesser extent Shaw are my main problems. Treloar sucking (SC) but I have to hold him it seems. Having to start SPS and SPP really hurting as well.

In SC I have enough cash from trades last week to bring in a premium for a rookie, so that's what I'm going to look at doing. Could take out Eddy and bring in a premium mid but would mean losing my dpp link. If I want to upgrade roughy as well that really limits how good a mid I can bring in. In order to finance it, I could use JOM instead of Eddy as the out.
    Last edited by divvydan; 18th April 2017 at 02:55 AM.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looking at those who could be traded in, the biggest risk would have to be someone like Matera or Yeo.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this week all scores were down across the board, think it might a good time to sit and hold
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balic did some nice things against Melb, kicked a really impressive goal at a crucial time of the game as well. I'll be bringing him in. Will get an extended run in the team. I'm still holding Hibberd, T.Stewart and Eddy so one of those three can piss off.

Look to bring in Fisher next week also, he looked a likely type on debut for Carlton.

8. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Balic was pretty impressive. I didnt see his first game so not sure what happened there, but vs the Dees he was quite good. Did a lot in that third term when the Dockers went nuts, would think with the youth movement now at Freo he would be pretty safe. Good DPP link too.

Last week I ended up trading Eddy to Swallow and held Gawn, mainly as playing Witts/Sandi was a points upgrade on moving Nank and playing a fwd rook. This week im looking at the same question - trade Gawn to a fwd or a mid, putting my highest scoring backup back onto the bench. Or, trade Gawn down to Strnadica giving me a heap of cash and a floating donut option. Leaning towards the latter right now.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Trades in SC may depend on teams. If one of Eddy or Hannan are named, then I'll probably go Hoskin-Elliot to Bont, if not, then I'll probably bring JJK in. Planning on a double-downgrade next week to get Martin in the week after, so would like to get an upgrade done this week.

DT not sure, a little short of cash to do anything major.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why trading Hoskin-Elliot so soon?

12. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's only if I'd like to bring Bont in, should have mentioned that.

B/E of 54, current average would have him making around 50k over the next three weeks. Rain forecast for ANZAC Day as well. It's probably a week or so earlier than I'd like, but it could be a 50ppw upgrade if things go a certain way.

Of course he could come out and win the ANZAC Day Medal, but it's something I'm considering.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might move jobe on this week- 61% game time last week and he's cooked apparently. Only selected him as stop gap option and intended to move him on once he'd topped out in price. Not sure of what his breakeven is, but cant see him improving much in value in the near term, given that the 50 on the weekend will roll through for the next couple of rounds and woosha thinks he's done.

Have about 640K to spend if I move jobe, and there's a few interesting options in that price range.

How's Parker travelling Wog? Seem to recall he had an injury interrupted preseason, but should be building a decent fitness base by now, and big scores shouldnt be far off. JPK typically starts slow but tends too go big after the first third of the season, so another worth considering. Bont's also a tasty option.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

For those thinking of trading Eddy, thinking I will hold him long-term.
    If he can get back into the side later in the year, he could be a real asset at the bye period.
    If you hold him now, probably need to commit to carrying him through Port's bye, but if he plays each week of the MBRs, he becomes a great rookie.

Trying to think of other players from Port or GC to bring in after their bye. The list is pretty short.
    Already have Miller in RDT, GAJ in SC. Maybe Pittard, maybe Wines or Hall. Not many others. Any rookies from those sides are going to be gold if they can cement spots in the side post the rd 9 bye.

16. Likes Bert1, Athomas, Wheedus, twarby liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Sounds like potentially some good rookies debuting this week.

EVW was BOG for Werribee and Brad Scott said he would "definitely be in our 23", so a strong chance.

Cam Polson from Carlton already named to debut. 27d and 28d for Northern Blues the last fortnight

and Ben McNeice upgraded from Essendon's rookie list today. 24/25 y/o mature age rookie from our VFL side. Not confirmed to debut, but would be a good chance.

FFC Premium
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed PVC.

The rookies are flowing.

Perryman from GWS must be close too being named on the emergencies in the last 2 weeks and then best on in the NEAFL last week.

Myers available this week is a must too hopefully.

What do you know about McNiece, PVC?

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Crows88 View Post
    Agreed PVC.

The rookies are flowing.

Perryman from GWS must be close too being named on the emergencies in the last 2 weeks and then best on in the NEAFL last week.

Myers available this week is a must too hopefully.

What do you know about McNiece, PVC?
    Perryman wasn't going to be considered this week due to some knock he picked up last week (hip maybe?), but agree sounds like he is going great guns in the NEAFL.

Myers I'd have thought likely to spend a couple in the VFL after having such a prolonged absence. Definitely a must when he comes in.

McNiece has played for our VFL side for the last 2 seasons. Biggest weapon by far is his kicking. Normally takes the best defender in the VFL. DT won't be huge, but should be a fairly reasonable scorer. Last season was 64 DT in the VFL.
    Plays a bit like a short Matt Suckling. Probably doesn't have the kicking distance of Suckling and is probably a bit quicker, but otherwise similar skillset in terms of strengths and weaknesses (not saying he is as good).

20. Likes Crows88 liked this post