Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 4 Trades

Haven't had any time to look at my team/trades just as of yet but I'm regretting not being able to get Murphy last week (although holding Hall is looking like the right move so far).

Am wondering whether it's too late or not. Feels like it will end up a bit like Zaharakis, he's currently averaging 136 DT which obviously he isn't going to maintain for the entire season and at best he'll probably end up at around a 110 average. My concern with this is he's currently averaging 26 points above what he should be which in turn means that he'll go 26 under for a few games if he's to average that 110 average which requires a few scores of 84 to counter balance it - obviously this can be done over the entire season rather then 3 weeks. So if you feel he'll average 110 for the entire season and he's currently going at 136 DT, that means over the remaining 19 games he'd average 105.89 in your team - which is still a decent premium score and strong for his price.

The extra things to consider here is if he doesn't play 22, to get that 110 average his 105.89 per game from this point would drop. Obviously to counter that, if he was to average over 110, then he could do better than the number I've put up.

Interesting option, just food for thought.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 4 Trades

Newman is the obvious trade in target of the week though I would have thought with a a breakeven of -98 off the back of a 77 in round 2 and a 93 in round 3.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In SC, Smith > Newman a lock. Seriously considering Taranto > Swallow as the 2nd trade.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

4. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As I'm spamming away, Swallow has exceeded my early expectations and is probably another option to consider.

Breakeven of -47, if he maintains his average he'll rise 74k this coming week. Coming off the back of an 89 in round 2 and a 120 in round 3.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both SC and DT will have Newman in.

I need to deal with Goldy in SC.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At the other end of the spectrum, those with Gawn will have to trade but those with Goldy have a more difficult decision. Goldy was very much the 2nd ruck on the weekend, whether that was due to Preuss matching up better with Mumford, injury, or just the way Scott thinks they best line up, we don't know. Whatever the reason, he's set to lose quite a lot of money after this week and as long as Preuss stays in the team, which he has to after that performance, there will be a lot of uncertainty about his role over the next month.

The other major concern for me is Heath Shaw. Averaging 79/87 over the first 3 weeks, which is 23/19 down on his average last year. Obviously he's capable of very large scores and has had periods where his scoring is similar to his past three weeks but for those with him, he's going to lose a fair bit of money and if you hold, everyone will be able to trade him in cheaply if he bounces back and if he doesn't, then you're in a lot of trouble. My main concern with Shaw is that he doesn't seem to be as much of a go to player coming out of the GWS backline as he used to be and indeed, when both he and Williams are in place to take the kick ins, it's Williams who gets the nod. Shaw certainly isn't a must trade by any means but if you don't have Goldy/Gawn and have the option available this week, he's certainly someone to look closely at.

In terms of trade in options for the two players above, Gawn/Goldy has a number of different options. You can go for another premium, in which case you're looking at Martin/Grundy, you can downgrade to Witts/Preuss and start one of them with a Sandilands, or, you can swing Nank into the rucks and go for a premium forward, such as Nroo, JJK, Dahl, Buddy, Greene.

For Shaw, the options are perhaps a little more limited if you don't have a b/m in midfield. The premiums to look at are Docherty, Adams and Laird, with Lloyd and JJ also averaging over 100. The other one of interest at the moment is Plowman, who is averaging 95 with a low of 80. He's already gone up $47k this week to $357k and would probably be too big a risk but something to consider. Swapping Shaw for a rookie and then using the money to change a mid rookie into someone like Martin/Murphy/Wines/Sloane?Heppell is also and option but it may leave your backline very rookie heavy.

8. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    In SC, Smith > Newman a lock. Seriously considering Taranto > Swallow as the 2nd trade.
    no brainer to me
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

10. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

In the same boat @divvydan

Thinking instead of trading Hibberd/Mountford ->Newman, I'll go Pickett->Newman, which will give me enough cash for Shaw->Adams (RDT)

SC looking to trade Goldy. Undecided on whether to bring in a forward or Preuss.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive got the Gawn issue to deal with this week, thinking of trading him to Swallow. Will swing Nank into rucks and Parfitt forward (and onto the field), but gives me a huge amount of cash and gets a super cash cow. Martin is the only premium ruck im really looking at with any confidence right now, so thinking the cash grab is probably the way to go.

Second trade will be to get Newman in. Two options there, can trade Pickett which nets me no money and takes away my final M/F link. Other option is to trade JOM and pocket 200k for upgrades in the coming weeks.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Will be bringing in Newman in SC, just not sure for who yet. Will more than likely be one of Smith, Bowes or Hannan.

Second trade is not so clear-cut. Swallow is the target, but it's between Taranto and O'Meara. Given I'd like to get Martin or Bont in next week, Taranto would put that out of the equation.

DT is currently Florent and Taranto for Newman and Swallow.

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Dt is in very good nick. Will need to get Newman in.

Choice like most is a dead rookie in hibberd or trade JOM for some cash. The cash would be enough to upgrade Nankervis to Stef Martin. Meaning my two rucks would be Martin and Grundy....

Tough decision - might give jaeger one more
    - twitter @mammes

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SC - Like many, first trade is Newman, in my case for Hibberd.

Second is Gawn. Considering Grundy but with Nank rucking like a rucking good premo and Sandi hanging in there, I'm thinking a MID premo is the way to go.

As a result of getting Houston last week I ended up with Steele in the MIDs and no rookie M/Fs in the FWDs so moving Nank to the RUCKs, Steele back FWD, I can choose any MID premo and get a more balanced structure back. Really keen on Murphy and reckon he could be a best 8 this year. Sloane also tempting but like Murph, his scores can stink when locked down. Bont is the one I feel is hurting me the most at the moment and seems to be the new CD darling. Left field is downgrade to Swallow and sit on the cash for upgrade season.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

2 trades for SC, got rid of Omeara for Swallow and Hibberd out for Newman.
    1 trade RDT Hibberd for newman.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brett Eddy has been dropped by Port again this week.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    The other major concern for me is Heath Shaw. Averaging 79/87 over the first 3 weeks, which is 23/19 down on his average last year. Obviously he's capable of very large scores and has had periods where his scoring is similar to his past three weeks but for those with him, he's going to lose a fair bit of money and if you hold, everyone will be able to trade him in cheaply if he bounces back and if he doesn't, then you're in a lot of trouble. My main concern with Shaw is that he doesn't seem to be as much of a go to player coming out of the GWS backline as he used to be and indeed, when both he and Williams are in place to take the kick ins, it's Williams who gets the nod. Shaw certainly isn't a must trade by any means but if you don't have Goldy/Gawn and have the option available this week, he's certainly someone to look closely at.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    In the same boat @divvydan

Thinking instead of trading Hibberd/Mountford ->Newman, I'll go Pickett->Newman, which will give me enough cash for Shaw->Adams (RDT)

SC looking to trade Goldy. Undecided on whether to bring in a forward or Preuss.
    Seems like a pretty ballsy move to cut ties with Shaw so early on however I suppose I'm not completely against it - however I don't think I'll trade him out.

Pre season he was GWS best player with a 115 average and the second best PPM at 1.21. Hasn't exactly fired yet but will surely have a fantasy friendly game coming soon...